Game crashing when transferring gems to stash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game crashing when transferring gems to stash

My game is still crashing when transferring gems to stash. I have reset everything, cleared cache and reinstalled game. It crashed last night, and then it crashed today after finishing a T85 run with BH. Using Samsung S2 tablet with Android 7.0. Same MO, start moving gems by dbl clicking each, on 3rd gem it froze, then screen went black and reset time. Filled report but don't think it gets back to devs, just Google store. More frustrating than anything.
    Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
    Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
    Magenta - mage (ELR)
    Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
    Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
    Rageon - Warrior

The game used to this to me on my iPad Air 1st gen. not on any other devices. If I remembered to drag the first gem over, I could do the rest by tapping. It was and still does crash when I start by tapping.

Comment

I was having this problem after I changed some of the skins on some of my gear. I reverted all of my gear back to their original skins, and the problem went away. It's on a per character basis. On characters with all original skins, the crashing doesn't occur.
      Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
      ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

For a list of guides I've created, click here

Comment

I haven't tracked which hero it happens with or if they have skins on. Since it's something I was experiencing before release of skins I didn't consider them. Guess I'll have to start more thorough documentation when it occurs.
        Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
        Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
        Magenta - mage (ELR)
        Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
        Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
        Rageon - Warrior

Comment

Happens to me as well. It's annoying.

Comment

This should have been fixed in 1.4.13. Try clearing the app cache for Eternium.

Comment

Originally posted by ྿༻Travis༺྿ (Support Mgr.) View Post
              I never had this problem until the recent update. For me it only happens after I come out of a map

Comment

Originally posted by RockDoc View Post
                My game is still crashing when transferring gems to stash. ...
                Yep. Same thing happening to me. I did everything you did too. Then I came here to write up a report or a post about it... and found other people have had the same problem. I hope the devs fix it. It's driving me crazy... so far it's happened in about 1/3rd of every gem transfer I've done.
                Weirdly, it was always on the sapphires too. Anyone else have that issue? Or is it just a coincidence?

This has happened more than 1/3rd of the time I try to transfer gems into my stash now... the game just "shuts off". I put 'shuts off' in quotes because it doesn't actually shut the game down, it simply ejects me out of it into my main device screen (I'm on a Kindle Fire). Then, when I look to the "open apps" page, Eternium is still there, seemingly still open... but when I go to it, Eternium restarts from the opening screen. So far, I haven't lost anything, but it's a tremendous pain in the ass.
                Also, not sure if this is relevant or just a coincidence... but it's happened ~5 times so far, and every single time, it's been when I tried to transfer a sapphire specifically... like, several times I transfered other gems first, then when I got to the sapphire, CRASH. Other times, the sapphire was the first one I tried, and CRASH.
                HALP PLZ

Comment

Comment

I cleared the Eternium cache... And it just happened again after about 30 minutes of play.

Comment

Travis... it's still happening to me every so often. I cleared the cache, I reinstalled. I'm in 1.4.13 of course. I don't know what else to do. Can you help?

Comment

You said you're on a Kindle...how much RAM do you have?

Comment

You said you're on a Kindle...how much RAM do you have?
                          It's the Fire HD 10... about 2 GB of RAM, right now the system is using under 800MB of RAM, Apps are using under 300MB of RAM and I have about 750MB of RAM free. I know it doesn't add up to 2 GB, but thats what it says.

Comment

Do anyone experiencng crashes ever played the game in a language other than English?

There was mention of the essences stacking bug that somehow may be related to the crashes. Check your materials chests and ensure that there is only ONE stack of each type.

The bug is that newly acquires essences in a different language doesn't stack with the existing. So you have to manually combine them...

May help, or not, but worth a check...
                            Eternium Files - links and details (13 Dec 2019 - Changed links to file, please update if you have them book-marked)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by sciencebzzt View Post

It's the Fire HD 10... about 2 GB of RAM, right now the system is using under 800MB of RAM, Apps are using under 300MB of RAM and I have about 750MB of RAM free. I know it doesn't add up to 2 GB, but thats what it says.
                              Just to add a data point... I use the same device, but haven't ever experienced this behavior. I think I saw NoSuchReality mention being a KF HD 10 user. Maybe they can chime in with their experience (apologies if I'm misremembering). I'll try stashing some skinned gear & transferring stones (esp sapphires!) & report back if I can make it crash. On v1.4.13.

Best of luck to you in solving this, regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X