Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BH Tesla gun set + scatter shot range way too long (2 full screens away)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BH Tesla gun set + scatter shot range way too long (2 full screens away)

Game version: 1.4.13
    Windows/IOS/Android + version: Windows 10 and Android 9
    Device Model (EX: Apple iPhone7) : Asus Zenbook for win 10 and Oneplus 6 for android 9
    Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): it works anywhere
    Player Type (EX: Mage): Bounty hunter
    Player Gear: Bounty hunter tesla armaments set (Ion gun + Pulse gun)
    Abilities: Scatter shot
    Reproducible: 5/5

Current situation (bug):
    Scatter shot can reach enemies multiple screens away. If I had to approximate maybe about 2 entire 1080p screen lengths away in game. Does damage too, shown by trial damage chart and also from enemy health decreasing.

Expected situation (working):
    The tesla set description says "The range of your scatter shot is increased by 2." There is no indication in game what that '2' means, but it feels like the range became around 10x the original range. Maybe 2 means its supposed to double? or triple? I assumed it should have been *200% or +200%.

*Please don't 'fix' it too hard, its the only thing that could somewhat make assault set viable

Steps reproduce the bug:
    Use the gear mentioned above. Tesla gun set + Scatter shot
    2. Shoot enemies and walk away. Easiest to see in an almost finished trial where theres lots of space and no monsters to interrupt you

Screenshots or Video of the bug: (add as many screenshots as you need)

The screenshots were taken on windows 10 laptop but I checked it on my android phone too and got the same result.
    1. How it looks like in game. The red stuff are charged ammo shots irrelevant to this bug (I think) (it's a separate bug I reported just now). Notice how the enemy isnt even visible on the screen nor on the minimap, they're that far away
    2. Approximate distance between me and enemy. Enemy is near the red dot I marked
    3. Damage chart before
    4. Damage chart after
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (782).png Views:	0 Size:	230.9 KB ID:	143073
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (787).png Views:	0 Size:	253.4 KB ID:	143074
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (783).png Views:	0 Size:	206.0 KB ID:	143082Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot (785).png Views:	0 Size:	207.3 KB ID:	143083
    Last edited by Kays; 07-25-2019, 06:27 PM. Reason: added screenshot 3 and 4 for damage chart proof

lol that is some serious distance, right? also i like how you put please don't fix this

btw, what happened to the steps 3 - 5?
    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
    bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
    bh assault- Xiiift - 130
    warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
    mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
    bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

And did you hit the enemy at all?

Comment

removed steps 3-5, and yes i do damage. enemy health bar decreasing and shown on damage chart (added just now for proof)

Comment

I just confirmed [Assault set + Scatter shot + Tesla Armaments] to be working fine for me. Also running Asus Zenbook + Windows 10, Eternium v 1.4.13. Range is much better than before Tesla - actually feels even a little better than Lethal Shot, but nothing like you are experiencing.

I actually feel just a little jealous right now. We MUST find out what's causing this

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
            I just confirmed [Assault set + Scatter shot + Tesla Armaments] to be working fine for me. Also running Asus Zenbook + Windows 10, Eternium v 1.4.13. Range is much better than before Tesla - actually feels even a little better than Lethal Shot, but nothing like you are experiencing.

I actually feel just a little jealous right now. We MUST find out what's causing this
            does your charged ammo get outranged by your scatter shot? when i test with lethal shot around max range the charged ammo shots dont reach the enemy, so im guessing if not-bugged tesla scatter shot range is a bit longer than lethal shot ur charged ammo wont work around max range either?

Comment

seems like scatter shot is bugged to me as well... distance seems abnormally long, MarkHark curious, is your auto attack on or off?..

simple test for this for me was to go to 'The Scent of Home' lvl, any main lvl with the ambush feature will do (the scent of home just has the longest range/distance of any of them, so it works best imo)

anywways, to test this go to said lvl with bh full assault gear and tesla armaments (didn't test abilities) now insure auto attack is activated as this is key... when the lvl activates, do not move ur toon (its ok if you did, ur just fired is all ) now wait until the first wave activates, and when in visual click/tap any enemy lol... you will find that ur assault bh doesn't even need to move from starting location to hit any single enemy on the map may have to wait for the nxt wave to once again come into visual if ur fast enough... but if you then play bh with full stalker gears and shadow assassins set, this is not the case and ur character has to move extensively more around the map to auto attack
              TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
              bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
              bh assault- Xiiift - 130
              warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
              mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
              bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

On Morgenheim bullets flying everwhere

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf86PL View Post
                  On Morgenheim bullets flying everwhere
                  I am experiencing this as well, consistently. It's just me and 1 mob pack on my screen, nothing else. I shoot at them and my scatter shots start bouncing on all the walls multiple times and despite the pack dying almost instantly, I can't open the chest behind them because the pinball scatter shots have aggro'd another 3 packs from 1+ screen ahead.
                  Sounds very related to the OP issue, but it may not be, as I haven't tried shooting forward in empty space, it's just my shots pinballing all over the place.
                  I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post

I am experiencing this as well, consistently. It's just me and 1 mob pack on my screen, nothing else. I shoot at them and my scatter shots start bouncing on all the walls multiple times and despite the pack dying almost instantly, I can't open the chest behind them because the pinball scatter shots have krogerfeedback.com survey aggro'd another 3 packs from 1+ screen ahead.
                    Sounds very related to the OP issue, but it may not be, as I haven't tried shooting forward in empty space, it's just my shots pinballing all over the place.
                    Also running Asus Zenbook + Windows 10, Eternium v 1.4.13. Range is much better than before Tesla - actually feels even a little better than Lethal Shot, but nothing like you are experiencing.

Comment

What is wrong with the extra long range? I don't understand why this is a problem that the devs should bother addressing.
                      Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30 (no celestial or Lv.75 gear)
                      Regalia Mage: Shade, TL 141 in 9:35
                      ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

Guides:
                      Farming Gold and Gemstones
                      Crafting Gear Level 71-75
                      Farming Level 72 Unique Capes
                      Maxing Your Crafting Mastery on a Budget

Comment

I too think it's fine as it is. For the first time ever I can appreciate the fun in playing Assault.
                        Last edited by MarkHark; 08-10-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

It's not helpful because you need to adjust your position to be in range of charged shots now. Before, if you were in range to attack, you were in range for charged shots. Now you arent and you need to do that manually every single time you move and attack or you lose 50% dps

Comment

Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post
                            What is wrong with the extra long range? I don't understand why this is a problem that the devs should bother addressing.
                            Since when did we only report bugs that are 'important'? Nowhere in the post did i say it requires an urgent top priority fix. Ironically the game in its current state feels much less polished than it was 2 years ago and its the many smaller issues that often show the lack of a quality finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Kays View Post
                              It's not helpful because you need to adjust your position to be in range of charged shots now. Before, if you were in range to attack, you were in range for charged shots. Now you arent and you need to do that manually every single time you move and attack or you lose 50% dps
                              It's a bit of trade off. Before this extra range was implemented, many of your Rapid Fire shots would miss targets if they were out of range, since your character wouldn't automatically move closer to a target before firing those shots. Now Rapid Fire hits more reliably, but Charged Ammo hits less reliably.

Rather than a reduction of the range of Scatter Shot, I would prefer to see the range of Charged Ammo increase so that it matches the range of your other attacks. That would make more sense, considering that the description of Charged Ammo says, "Your hero's shots have a chance to strike enemies with lightning."
                              Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30 (no celestial or Lv.75 gear)
                              Regalia Mage: Shade, TL 141 in 9:35
                              ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

Guides:
                              Farming Gold and Gemstones
                              Crafting Gear Level 71-75
                              Farming Level 72 Unique Capes
                              Maxing Your Crafting Mastery on a Budget

Comment

Working...
                              X