Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BH Tesla gun set + scatter shot range way too long (2 full screens away)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be that Charged Ammo already takes your hero shots's range as its own, perhaps including Pathfinder's bonus effect, but failing to consider Tesla's set bonus. I'll try running a few tests if I find some free time later today..

Comment

UPDATE: Ran a short test w/ Bounty Hunter wearing full Assault Set at the Gauntlet, comparing apparent range for Charged Shots (visual clues only) in the following scenarios:
      Scattershot vs Explosive Shot, both with and w/o Pathfinder, and Tesla vs Normal guns.

Only in the case of Scatter + Tesla, there is a significant difference between perceived range for normal shots and graphic clues for Charged effect - a series of red glowing lines following the general direction of the bullets. In this particular scenario, the longer Scatter range allows the Bounty Hunter to stand still for longer periods while attacking enemies from afar, which in turn makes it easier to assess this visual effect. Adding or removing Pathfinder seemed to make negligible or no difference at all in the observed range of Charged Ammo.

In all other tested scenarios, Charged Ammo range seemed to coincide with the shots themselves, but the only visual hints to this were the bolts striking the enemies' heads, since the traceable glowing bullets effect was nowhere to be seen.

Scattershot range with Normal weapons and no Pathfinder seems to have been greatly reduced in 1.4 - pretty much Melee range, which makes it basically unplayable. Pahtfinder only restores this range to what it used to be in 1.3.x, instead of granting an additional 20%, as I expected from reading 1.4.7 announcement.

On hindsight, I recall being frustrated at some point because my explosive shots were not reaching longer than before. It may be that ALL BH shots had their ranges nerfed, only so they could be restored by (forcibly) equipping a glorified version of Fleet Footed

My conclusions so far, pending confirmation from observations of others, are as follows:

1- Charged Ammo has been given the same (base) range as whichever shot procs its effect. That means, if the shot hits AND procs, Charged ammo will release a bolt.
      2- Range has been nerfed in 1.4.x, but Charged Ammo still follows the previous rules, which doesn't matter a lot, because if the target is not in range the Hunter will always close range before firing.
      3- There seems to be have been no planning for the specific case of Tesla, with Charged Ammo using the base non-enhanced range instead and producing the beautiful fireworks. I assume no damage is actually being done to the target.
      Last edited by MarkHark; 08-13-2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post
        There seems to be have been no planning for the specific case of Tesla, with Charged Ammo using the base non-enhanced range instead and producing the beautiful fireworks. I assume no damage is actually being done to the target.
        I ran a quick test in a trial while using the Tesla Armaments weapon set. When the enemy is out of range of the red lightning effect of Charged Ammo but is in range of scatter shot, no damage is dealt by Charged Ammo. This can be seen by checking the trial stats.
        Last edited by Shade Glow; 08-13-2019, 10:16 PM.
        Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30 (no celestial or Lv.75 gear)
        Regalia Mage: Shade, TL 141 in 9:35
        ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

Guides:
        Farming Gold and Gemstones
        Crafting Gear Level 71-75
        Farming Level 72 Unique Capes
        Maxing Your Crafting Mastery on a Budget

Comment

Working...
        X