Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice roll!

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
    I switched in 2 healers for the vortex ability, but atm I can't really group enemies like I used to with MT, so I'm taking the mobs mostly group by group. IDK if this is the way it is with SS, but atm this is at least the way it is for me. :-D
    Check out this video of Abin's TL 157 run. It shows how to make efficient use of the Vortex ability fairly early in the video. I also noticed that he runs the exact setup I suggested (2 Vortex casters), so it is a great example of how a typical run would go if you bring this setup.

Last edited by Shade Glow; 08-26-2019, 10:35 PM.
    Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
    ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

For a list of guides I've created, click here

Comment

Thanks for the link! Yeah, I already figured that there is this much dancing involved with this setup. Not that I was happy about it, playing solely on my iPhone.... :-D But I guess it's the price to pay if I want to get better. Let's see if I can adjust myself to that.
      MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 141, Rank #77
      Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 117
      Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103
      Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101

Mobile only

Comment

Slowly I 'm getting a feel for it - it actually starts to work out. I stocked up for another Maggie and was able to beat trial 133 in 9:09... :-)
        MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

Slowly I 'm getting a feel for it - it actually starts to work out. I stocked up for another Maggie and was able to beat trial 133 in 9:09... :-)
          check out my vids in the gameplay section for shadowfingers and 141 stalker mobile, this should help give an idea of your nxt steps as well, and congratz btw, on beating 133
          TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
          bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" - 141
          bh assault- Xiiift - 130
          warrior sw- Sabre - trial 137
          mage arcanist- Shadowiiix - trial 133
          bronze 3 bh stalker- Makina

Comment

Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post
            Now I understand why you were having difficulty with TL 132. You're running Stalker armor with the Igniter weapon set, and you're not bringing Piercing Ammo. Try swapping your weapons for the Shadow Assassin's weapon set, and swap Tracer Ammo with Piercing Ammo. Once you have done this, you'll definitely want to move Lethal Shot into the primary attack slot so that it is used when you activate Rapid Fire. If you make these changes, I'm sure you will rocket past the next 9 trial levels. Also, I personally prefer Smoke Screen rather than Magnetic Trap, but if you decide to make that change, you'll want to bring Eileen and at least 1 Maggie to pull enemies together with Vortex. Smoke Screen gives you 30% more DPS. It also makes you super hard to kill. I was having trouble with the Stalker build until I started running Smoke Screen instead of Magnetic Trap. Magnetic Trap builds up an enemies CC immunity meter too quickly. You can stun lock them longer by simply chaining Snipe if you don't bring Magnetic Trap.
            Well, it wasn't exactly what I would refer to as "rocketing", but it sure got me a LOT further. I was able to beat Garm at T139 some minutes ago. So, thank you very much for the very useful feedback! :-)
            MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

Well, it wasn't exactly what I would refer to as "rocketing", but it sure got me a LOT further. I was able to beat Garm at T139 some minutes ago. So, thank you very much for the very useful feedback! :-)
              You're very welcome, and congratulations on getting to rank 86!

Comment

Btw, this is the bug I initially mentioned:

No chance of survival, since the toon resurrects right on the spot, yet the dragon lays new lava spots again and again...
                MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

Check out this video of Abin's TL 157 run. It shows how to make efficient use of the Vortex ability fairly early in the video. I also noticed that he runs the exact setup I suggested (2 Vortex casters), so it is a great example of how a typical run would go if you bring this setup.
                  Very efficient fighting style. I especially like the timing of your movements during boss fight, quick move to side and keep firing on target. After watching this and reading this thread, I am thinking of giving your set-up a try. I haven't tried Smoke Screen before, but I am thinking that I underestimated the damage boost from using it. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

Very efficient fighting style. I especially like the timing of your movements during boss fight, quick move to side and keep firing on target. After watching this and reading this thread, I am thinking of giving your set-up a try. I haven't tried Smoke Screen before, but I am thinking that I underestimated the damage boost from using it. Thanks for sharing!
                    I don't take credit, as it's not me in that video, but it is the exact same build I use.

Comment

I don't take credit, as it's not me in that video, but it is the exact same build I use.
                      Still trying to get the hang of using Smoke Screen (SS). It seems like you can use it to maneuver around large mobs to confuse their counterattacks, but there must be a trick to using it well. Sometimes my screen lights up with multiple "Immune" flashes around my BH when using SS. Not clear what that means? It also seems like my BH stops firing as soon as I deploy Smoke Screen, and I have to tap or click to start firing again (not so helpful when surrounded). Feels like using SS does not have any effect on Boss fight, at least from a defensive standpoint. Does the damage boost still apply to Boss attacks or is it just a mob control feature?

Comment

It also seems like my BH stops firing as soon as I deploy Smoke Screen, and I have to tap or click to start firing again (not so helpful when surrounded).
                        When you deploy smoke screen, your toon becomes invisible to the mobs nearby. So as long as you don't fire a shot you can move even right through enemies without having them noticing you. That's why you have to tap on an enemy again to continue shooting - you "break the silence" and lose your camouflage. After you do so, a 5 second timer starts to run in which you have a 200% increased critical damage.

So, in order to use SS effectively, you have to do some dancing around the enemies and need to have some vortex casters (Maggie and Eileen) with you to nicely group enemies together. Reason for that grouping of enemies is to maximize the use of the poison cloud effect, which unfolds when your sharp shoot hits a target that's fully stacked with the poison ammo effect.

// Edit / added:
                        Additionally, try to avoid using smoke screen as long as you run around to gather enemies. Reason for that: as soon as you start using SS, the enemies lose track of your toon and stop moving in your direction. And when they don't get attacked thereafter for a certain amount of time, they start migrating back to their original positions.
                        Last edited by Christian Lamine; 09-12-2019, 02:18 PM.
                        MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

...you "break the silence" and lose your camouflage. After you do so, a 5 second timer starts to run in which you have a 200% increased critical damage.
                          Wasn't it supposed to be "30% more damage"?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHark View Post

Wasn't it supposed to be "30% more damage"?
                            Oops. Yup, you're totally right. SS increases the damage by 30%. It's rapid fire that increases the CD by 200% (and there the timer only lasts 3 seconds, not 5).
                            So yes: smoke screen grants 30% increased damage for 5 seconds after the camouflage is removed.
                            MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103

Mobile only

Comment

Still trying to get the hang of using Smoke Screen (SS). It seems like you can use it to maneuver around large mobs to confuse their counterattacks, but there must be a trick to using it well. Sometimes my screen lights up with multiple "Immune" flashes around my BH when using SS. Not clear what that means? It also seems like my BH stops firing as soon as I deploy Smoke Screen, and I have to tap or click to start firing again (not so helpful when surrounded). Feels like using SS does not have any effect on Boss fight, at least from a defensive standpoint. Does the damage boost still apply to Boss attacks or is it just a mob control feature?
                              Smoke Screen is the most complex support ability in Eternium. It's also my favorite support ability. Smoke Screen applies several effects at the moment you cast it. One effect is called Smoke Screen, and is visible below your health bar. The benefits of this effect are active as soon as you cast the skill, and they last for 5 seconds.

Smoke Screen (Rank 1)
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Smoke Screen.png Views:	0 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	149870

The other effects are not represented by an icon under your health bar and cause several things to happen.
                              1. All enemies disengage (lose agro), and you exit the in-combat state.
                              2. Your hero stops auto attacking.
                              3. Nearby enemies are blinded. You will see stars floating above a blinded enemy's head.
                              4. Your hero enters a camouflaged state until you attack an enemy or take damage. While the stealth effect is active, you will not be able to agro enemies without attacking them.
                              There is a bug associated with this effect. Casting Smoke Screen immediately before an enemy is summoned causes the summoned enemy to quasi-agro through the stealth effect. The enemy will be unaware of you, but you will be in combat until the enemy is killed or disengages. During this time, your hero will target the summoned enemy and continue to auto attack. The enemy will approach you, but will not attack you as long as you are still camouflaged. After casting Smoke Screen, there is a very short window of time where in which this bug can occur. Any enemies that are summoned after this window will cause you to be in combat, but you will not target them or begin to auto attack them.
                              Last edited by Shade Glow; 09-12-2019, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Smoke Screen is the most complex support ability in Eternium. It's also my favorite support ability. Smoke Screen applies several effects at the moment you cast it. One effect is called Smoke Screen, and is visible below your health bar. The benefits of this effect are active as soon as you cast the skill, and they last for 5 seconds.

The other effects are not represented by an icon under your health bar and cause several things to happen.
                                1. All enemies disengage (lose agro), and you exit the in-combat state.
                                2. Your hero stops auto attacking.
                                3. Nearby enemies are blinded. You will see stars floating above a blinded enemy's head.
                                4. Your hero enters a camouflaged state until you attack an enemy or take damage. While the stealth effect is active, you will not be able to agro enemies without attacking them.
                                There is a bug associated with this effect. Casting Smoke Screen immediately before an enemy is summoned causes the summoned enemy to quasi-agro through the stealth effect. The enemy will be unaware of you, but you will be in combat until the enemy is killed or disengages. During this time, your hero will target the summoned enemy and continue to auto attack. The enemy will approach you, but will not attack you as long as you are still camouflaged. After casting Smoke Screen, there is a very short window of time where in which this bug can occur. Any enemies that are summoned after this window will cause you to be in combat, but you will not target them or begin to auto attack them.
                                Shade Glow, Thanks so much for your summary!!! This is really helpful. I had been using Magnetic Trap because it was a new toy that did a great job of bunching up mobs, but it does not give you any advantage once you get to the boss.

I understand now what I was seeing when I engaged SS. The disengagement allows you to get out of a bad situation and take up a new attack position. I just have to remember to start firing again as soon as I break free. I will assume that you can still get the damage bonus during the boss fight even though the Boss seems immune to the smoke screen defensive effect.

Comment

Working...
                                X