Eternium v1.4.16 - Game freezes randomly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eternium v1.4.16 - Game freezes randomly

Actually, I was able to capture it for the first time today in a video (never had a screen recorder running when the error occured previously):

The game client freezes randomly. At first, I thought it was just when switching characters on the character selection screen, when the client freezes mid-change and soon thereafter crashes at all. But soon I encountered the same error, when playing story mode or playing a trial - but in these cases the client does not crash fatally. It just releases the freeze state after some seconds. The fact that my screen recorder kept recording shows me, that not the device itself froze, it was solely the game client.

Bug occurred on an Apple iPhone X, iOS 12.4.1, game client version 1.4.16

Last edited by Christian Lamine; 09-06-2019, 07:27 PM. Reason: Fixed embedded video
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 142, Rank #68
    Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 117
    Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103
    Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101

Mobile only

Weird. Maybe it happens when you're getting a notification (text, call, etc.). Have you tried removing the game, restarting your device, and reinstalling the game?

Comment

Try removing the glow effect on your equipment, and see it that solves the problem. Sometimes my game freezes when using those effects, but I've never had it happen while playing a character that's not using them.
      Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
      ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

For a list of guides I've created, click here

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
        Maybe it happens when you're getting a notification (text, call, etc.).
        Nope, it sure did not happen while I recorded the video. Nothing else happened other than me running a trial and the screen recorder capturing it. No other apps were active in the background.

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
        Have you tried removing the game, restarting your device, and reinstalling the game?
        Nope. I guess I'll give that a try...
        Originally posted by Shade Glow View Post
        Try removing the glow effect on your equipment, and see it that solves the problem. Sometimes my game freezes when using those effects, but I've never had it happen while playing a character that's not using them.
        It did happen to me even before the introduction of the effects, so I guess it has nothing to do with them...
        MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 142, Rank #68
        Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 117
        Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103
        Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101

Mobile only

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
          It did happen to me even before the introduction of the effects, so I guess it has nothing to do with them...
          I believe there was a different issue that caused freezes before the effects were introduced. That issue was fixed when the the effects were introduced, but the new issue caused by the effects replaced it.
          Arcanist Mage: Muse, TL 145 in 9:30
          ANB Gold 2 BH: Shade, Rank 21 - TL 122

For a list of guides I've created, click here

Comment

My current guess is that it's related to disk access and expanding log files.

This is pretty much the norm for me with this game, yes yes very low spec phone and all, but it always run fine directly after a re-install/data reset. Which leads me to the above point, the game is not clearing out logs quickly enough, if at all (since reset fixes the issue, at least for me most of the time... but obviously not something I want to have to keep doing...)
            Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
            X