No announcement yet.

BETA v1.4.20+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone played around with the booster food & drink at the Tavern, yet? Tin Man? Wondering about stacking, or if they'll be like enchants where you can only have one.

Comment

I'm registered as a beta user but I'm still not seeing 1.4.20 available to me.
      Mobile only Android Note 10 plus

Comment

ScabbyNuisance MarkHark

I have not played around with them but I would be surprised if any of the boosters stack as they presently do not. Currently only higher level boosters may be applied over lower level boosters and the lower level booster is negated but does generate a message first. Trying to apply a lower level booster when running a higher level booster generates a message saying you can't.

If these messages are not popping up than it is a bug.

I will not be playing around with the experience boosters any time soon as I am tracking to see how the leveling up has or hasn't changed for each of the character classes. Looks like at least one of the NPC experience rewards is wrong buy I need to run back through to verify that. I am even avoiding experience gear to get proper numbers.
        Regalia: Tinman, Unranked
        Defender: Zeke, Unranked
        Regalia: Cali, Unranked
        Defender: Samantha, Unranked
        Assault: Elmer, TL 86 1:57

Dyoma Crown: 86

WOOHOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmptrwhz View Post
          I'm registered as a beta user but I'm still not seeing 1.4.20 available to me.
          The beta has not been and may never be rolled out to all beta members. They are only going to roll the beta v1.4.20 out to 100% of the beta members if the version is found stable enough to unlock the version to all beta members. They are trying to minimize the extent of any possible damage.

WOOHOO!

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post

The beta has not been and may never be rolled out to all beta members. They are only going to roll the beta v1.4.20 out to 100% of the beta members if the version is found stable enough to unlock the version to all beta members. They are trying to minimize the extent of any possible damage.
            Thank you for letting me know
            Mobile only Android Note 10 plus

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man View Post
              ScabbyNuisance MarkHark

I have not played around with them but I would be surprised if any of the boosters stack as they presently do not. Currently only higher level boosters may be applied over lower level boosters and the lower level booster is negated but does generate a message first. Trying to apply a lower level booster when running a higher level booster generates a message saying you can't.

If these messages are not popping up than it is a bug.

I will not be playing around with the experience boosters any time soon as I am tracking to see how the leveling up has or hasn't changed for each of the character classes. Looks like at least one of the NPC experience rewards is wrong buy I need to run back through to verify that. I am even avoiding experience gear to get proper numbers.
              So you're saying there are some rabbit holes you won't travel? Tsk, tsk.

OK then, I guess I'll have to use my own hard-earned gold to try these out. Curious, too, if they prolong the effect if one is used before the same type expires. I saw somewhere (discord?) that the Tavern ones last 10 min.

Also want to see if they can be popped mid-trial, unlike gear/ability changes, but doubt they'd allow it. An extra 10 MS before Magroth or Elban would be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
                Does anyone have any release notes on v1.4.20? Losing daily rewards that you pay actual cash for is a bit of a pain. Would just like to see something in writing on what is supposed to be happening?
                Can you clarify this statement? Did you buy the Gem Subscription and you're not receiving your Gems...?

Comment

For clarity, we need to distinguish between two types of 'repeating' quests: some that you have completed will be offered again to the same hero; others will be incomplete in some way that requires you to go back to the same map and re-run the level. The first are the quests some of us think will end up replacing the current Daily Quests. I'll call these 'repeatable quests' for now, and they might be working as they were planned to do. The latter type are the result of the complexity the new questing system introduces, and I'm sure the behavior is unintended by the devs. In other words, they're bugged.

The '20 update introduces an extremely busy quest-driven environment. Remember thinking, it's a shame Alarion never talks to me anymore? Now he won't shut up. Not just the old sage, but nearly everyone in Home Town/'Oldinn' can give you a quest, and those quests can be piled up simultaneously. Even a single NPC can assign you multiple tasks at a time. I've had 7 going at once, but it can probably go higher. It creates a much more dynamic new player experience, but I find the current implementation a bit overwhelming/confusing at times.

This layered complexity can sometimes lead to problems executing a quest, necessitating re-running levels from scratch. For instance, it took me 3 tries to complete the Magroth at Severed Mtn quest. The issue turned out to be that my goldrunner mage has run this map hundreds of times and thus spawns at random points in the map, due to the anti-botting measure. The new Morgenheim 'Kingmaker' quest is also afflicted, for the same reason. The problem here was that I was supposed to talk to an NPC, but spawned at a point beyond them. Because I was focused on a different, simultaneous quest, the blue arrow path animation was pointing to the end of map, when I needed to go back to the start. So quests can have conflicting goals.

The devs solution is a 'Follow this quest' checkbox that I wondered about previously. If you are in-map, you can click the "!" icon (lower left, by Settings) and move the check mark to another quest for the same map. This will cause the path prompt to point to the task at hand.

One problem with this is if you've already unknowingly killed an enemy that the second quest wants you to target, you won't be able to finish on this pass. Currently, you must take the Portal back to Oldinn, then go back out the 'Gate to Adventure' and re-run the map to the missed goal. Return to HT, and you'll now get your reward(s). So it appears there's a breakdown of communication between some of the quests which share the same map.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabbyNuisance View Post

So you're saying there are some rabbit holes you won't travel? Tsk, tsk.

OK then, I guess I'll have to use my own hard-earned gold to try these out. Curious, too, if they prolong the effect if one is used before the same type expires. I saw somewhere (discord?) that the Tavern ones last 10 min.

Also want to see if they can be popped mid-trial, unlike gear/ability changes, but doubt they'd allow it. An extra 10 MS before Magroth or Elban would be cool!
                    Sorry, I thought you were talking about the experience boosters given by the NPCs. Now I see you are talking about the Tavern offerings. Well, considering I have a whooping 33,755 gold and 550 gems, I have limited ability to pursue rabbit holes that involve purchases. Besides, I can only handle so many rabbit holes at once.

Keep in mind that it says an extra 10 Movement Speed (MS) and not an extra 10% MS and that +10 MS on my warrior, in v1.4.16, with a base speed of 15.0 fps increases MS to 15.6 fps. Yes, these are v1.4.16 numbers and am curious if there are different for v1.4.20. I got the value referenced by unequipping my gear and resetting my Champion Points and restoring 10 Champion Points to MS. This is a 4% increase.

Other numbers:

15.0 fps --> +52 MS --> 18.2 fps --> +10 MS --> 18.9 fps which is +3.9% roughly
                    15.0 fps --> +108 MS --> 21.8 fps --> +10 MS --> 22.4 fps which is +2.8% roughly

You just had to get me to go down that rabbit hole. JERK!

Keep in mind that all those numbers are from v1.4.16.

WOOHOO!

Comment

Nhat

I loaded up my existing profile into beta v1.4.20 and found that I could not simply ignore the very first quest. I had to accept the quest or it just kept coming back and wouldn't let me even access the hero page. I have not played yet and assume that you can ignore completing the quest but you. at a minimum, have to accept some quests.

After accepting that quest prompt I was able to reach the hero screen and do typical playing things like modifying the hero. There is an alert that Alarion has a new quest for me, which I have ignored. When going through the Gate to Adventure you receive a warning that Alarion has a quest for you and you may choose to either Return or Leave Without Quest.

Will take some playing around to figure out what may or may not be ignored.

WOOHOO!

Comment

Thanks for the detailed notes, great job with reviewing the beta changes.

I agree with the separation of the quests: Story based, Tutorials and Repeating.

Story quests you have to take, so there's no way around that, and it'll keep bugging you until you finish them. Same thing happened when these were added: Welcome Home, Skeletons, Marcus

Then there are the Tutorials, which were meant to be "once per profile", in order to introduce players to the game: Upgrade Skills, Crafting, Jewelry
                        - Would someone mind retesting the bug: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...file-on-device

And then we have Repeating quests, which most of us are assuming will be the replacement for the existing Daily Quests.

Guess I'll just get stuck with any Act 4 quests until I upgrade my phone (or my wife's one), apps are slowly dropping Android 4 anyway, so I'll probably need to do it soon...
                        Eternium Files - links and details (Updated: 21 May 2019)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

So, I have figured out the biggest problem with betas. They cause Forum traffic to spike so I can not get any meaningful progress with events!

Nhat

My beta hero is only level 24 presently and am only half way through Levania. I plan on populating slots with the rest of the hero classes so I will be starting new heroes in the same profile and will be able to see what happens. This is going to take some time though as there are so many quests that doing all my usual documentation is taking some time.

There a A LOT of quests!

WOOHOO!

Comment

I'm slowly growing to the opinion that we (the players) should stop beta-testing new content as long as old bugs on 1.4.16 aren't fixed.
                            The LB bug that hit many of us yesterday is an old one, there is a Discord post by @aQua#9104 on 06/21/2019 about it.
                            A lot of old bugs are still pending: the Cleaver bug, the Auto-Snipe L15 bug, not mentioning the various bad effect description such as the "+x% movement speed" etc
                            Last edited by LodWig; 09-24-2019, 09:20 AM.
                            Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen)

Comment

The game will always have some bugs no matter what. Every game has them. They usually go unnoticed as not many games have as passionate player base as this game does. Let a new player play this game without getting into discord, forums, reddit etc and I'm sure 99.9% "bugs" will remain unnoticed. How many of us actually tested Cleaver or Auto-Snipe damage? You know they exist coz one of the guys, the enthusiastic ones, did a testing as they do for everything. And to be fair, these bugs affect everyone equally. Yes I know it's a bad time for LB bug to make an appearance and many of us push at very last minute but not adding new content ain't going to fix anything. The new content keeps the old players interested and helps in adding more players. This update is very much inline with what people been requesting, an attempt to make story mode great again. I started a new player (deleted the old farmer) today an I enjoyed leveling to 70. Of course it need polishing. Let's give them some time.

Comment

Originally posted by LodWig View Post
                                I'm slowly growing to the opinion that we (the players) should stop beta-testing new content as long as old bugs on 1.4.16 aren't fixed.
                                The LB bug that hit many of us yesterday is an old one, there is a Discord post by @aQua#9104 on 06/21/2019 about it.
                                A lot of old bugs are still pending: the Cleaver bug, the Auto-Snipe L15 bug, not mentioning the various bad effect description such as the "+x% movement speed" etc
                                The leaderboard issue is not a bug. It is also impacting v1.4.16. More than likely their server is just offline so there is no way for the leaderboard to update. Yes, I know the game is showing online and yes, I know that profiles are being updated. It is a server issue not an issue with the app.

This type of leaderboard issue has happened in the past and was resolved reasonably quick.

WOOHOO!

Comment

Working...
                                X