v1.4.38 Season 2 Buyback Gold Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v1.4.38 Season 2 Buyback Gold Bug

Season 2 still has the same bug where you can sell something and buy it back while still getting the gold bank credit even though you did not end up selling the item.

I can completely fill the entire 10M gold bank in a couple of minutes due to this bug if I were to choose to do so. The bank would be filled if I sold the same item 20 times.

Take note - while I'm sure you have the best of intentions, describing exploits in that kind of detail *publically* is something Developers and Publisher typically frown upon. It would be best conveyed as a PM to Travis or Liana.

... that said, this bug probably gets filed as irrelevant, since even the 10M gold bank is naturally filled over the span of 60 days from (new) daily quests alone, not even considering normal loot from Story and Trials or even dedicated farming. If it allowed the 10K gems to be filled instead, that would be a serious matter.
    Last edited by Jose Sarmento; 11-07-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I appreciate your concern and am aware that it could be seen that way but there is something that is overriding that issue in my mind.

That the problem existing and was flagged during Season 1 and still exist during the beta stage of Season 2 means that it is not a exploit but a bug. I am currently in beta for Season 2 and reporting the bugs that I find. Bugs require details so that the developer's can replicate the issue. Simple as that.

Further, I made a point to make the post during roughly business hours and Travis could have quickly removed it but it is still there during Travis' work day and the developer's work day.

When bugs are in place too long they become part of the game like with the old Daily Quest format where apparently, based upon posts in the forum, that you could clear all five heroes quests with one hero was actually a bug that was never fixed. So we were never supposed to discuss that? This isn't hacking nor is it doing gymnastics. This is a fairly in your face bug or it is a feature that should be made public like the old Daily Quest issue.

Update: Well, it does seem that the live version of v1.4.38 dropped since that update as my iOS and PC have now updated. The post was made under beata.

Originally posted by Jose Sarmento View Post
    ... that said, this bug probably gets filed as irrelevant, since even the 10M gold bank is naturally filled over the span of 60 days from (new) daily quests alone, not even considering normal loot from Story and Trials or even dedicated farming. If it allowed the 10K gems to be filled instead, that would be a serious matter.
    ^This^

The Gold thing isn't that big of a deal, especially early in the season. Adrian knows about it, but it's not a priority.

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback.

So, will players be whacked if they take advantage of it is the big question. I am assuming no since the bug report is still up.

In response to your comment. no.

Comment

Working...
    X