Trial progress in ANB gold is lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial progress in ANB gold is lost

As mentioned first by Paul123 , trial progress is lost in ANB gold. See his thread here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...progress-level

I also can confirm this. Played on an iPhone X with iOS 13.2 and finished trial #24. Was reset to trial #7 this morning.

First, you changed trial difficulties and failed to reset trials on non-ANB heros. Then you reset progress on ANB characters. Good job. /facepalm

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	154775
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Matrikor, Stalker BH, TL 121 post-patch (143 pre-patch)
    Matrikor, Stalker BH (Exp), TL 122 (pre-patch)
    Ruwiel, Exp Mage, TL 103 (pre-patch)
    Avit, Noob Warrior, TL 101 (pre-patch)

Mobile only

I re-fought my way to TL 29 today, just to check if progress is again reset tomorrow...
    MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

• Christian Lamine
      Christian Lamine commented
      Editing a comment
      I stayed at #29 overnight, so fortunately it was obviously a one-time occurence

• Fish knife
      Fish knife commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear that!

• Christian Lamine
      Editing a comment
      Well, even fighting back up to catch up for the reset suffered did cost me playing time that lacks now when it comes to fight for a good placement on the final leaderboards. I guess I lost like 15-20 minutes only to fight my way back up which could make a difference of two more trial levels in the finals. And when I look at the leaderboards just now (currently I am at trial #99 with 30 minutes playing time left) this lack of two more trials could cost me like 20-30 positions on the final score...

I was just looking at my ANB BH. Last night I finished T25, and it showed that when I closed, reopened and checked. This morning my ANB hero had been reset to T7, and I can't access any CL pt info. So now after I spent more than 2 hours of my 6, they reset my position to T7. Getting effed around like this during ANB sucks. Never saw devs try so hard to loose players.
    Last edited by RockDoc; 11-16-2019, 08:48 PM. Reason: Corrected level of trials completed. Getting completed levels confused with 8 different heros open.
    Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
    Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
    Magenta - mage (ELR)
    Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
    Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
    Rageon - Warrior

Comment

What's so frustrating is this is a super old bug that's been reported repeatedly. It's not that big a deal in Bronze or even Silver, but with only 6 hrs in Gold, it really sucks. I've been affected by the bug multiple times in previous ANBs. Coupled with the harder trials, it's a significant waste of time. I haven't gone to trials yet, but hearing that this goof is still happening is the opposite of motivational...

OT: has anyone verified if the Cboxes are still only lvl 70s? I know what the description says (+90 Vit = L70), but I never believe descriptions in this game anymore. Having to fight harder, in less time, for something that's merely a small stepping stone to end-game gear doesn't feel like progress for the game.

Comment

If I ever get a Cbox in this ANB I'll let you know.
        Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
        Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
        Magenta - mage (ELR)
        Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
        Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
        Rageon - Warrior

Comment

• ScabbyNuisance
          ScabbyNuisance commented
          Editing a comment
          "If" -- Yeah, this is the first ANB where I think my lack of skill will be made obvious & undeniable. Gonna do my best to get that one at 80, but 100 feels out of reach. Sigh... just trying to collect 3 CEs, in case I ever get a lucky 77 weapon (probably just before they announce the new cap is 80).

Now with just one and half hours left of anb playing time my progress reset to trial lvl 7. I was at trial 77 and could have easily passed 80. Looks doubtful now.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Lamine View Post
          As mentioned first by Paul123 , trial progress is lost in ANB gold. See his thread here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...progress-level

I also can confirm this. Played on an iPhone X with iOS 13.2 and finished trial #24. Was reset to trial #7 this morning.

First, you changed trial difficulties and failed to reset trials on non-ANB heros. Then you reset progress on ANB characters. Good job. /facepalm

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	154775
          Yeah, me too on another thread and I see your comment there. I went from TL81 to pushed back to TL7 even tho the LB shows TL81.
          FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Before reset i wast at tl78 with 40 min left. Now im on tl79 with 5 min left. Very unhappy. Travis can I get extra time?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf86PL View Post
              Travis can I get extra time?
              Unfortunately, I have no way to adjust Trial Levels or event timers.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
                Unfortunately, I have no way to adjust Trial Levels or event timers.
                Travis, I am sorry, but I have to state that this is an very unsatisfactory answer to the problem at hand.

I accept that you don't have any means to adjust the remaining event playing time of the very specific players that have been struck by this bug without adjusting remaining playing time for those that did not suffer. BUT it is absolutely clear that there IS a way to grant playing time to ALL participants in this ANB gold event. The fact why this is crystal clear is: it has been done before!

The players that have been affected by this bug (of which at least the ones participating also in this forum can be identified by viewing the voters on the poll I started over here: https://forum.makingfun.com/forum/et...progress-reset) did effectively lose their chance to compete for a good position on the leaderboard and earning medals, if additional playing time is granted to all players, since this won't compensate for the disadvantage that they suffered compared to non-affected players. There's no way of leveraging this without having the possibility to work on affected players only.

But these players did in some cases not only lose a possibility to obtain medals. They also lost any possibility of obtaining celestials as well. And this very fact may have an impact on the outcome of their performance in the season event as well and therefore their chances of earning medals there!

In my opinion, there HAS to be additional event playing time granted to avoid at least this disadvantage to happen. You (MF) did it once. You should do it again, as there is a serious enough reason to do so.
                Last edited by Christian Lamine; 11-20-2019, 07:24 PM. Reason: Grammar
                MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

You (MF) did it once.
                  MF (I) did not. DP (Adrian) did. This is an ongoing theme today...

All I (Making Fun) can do is share your frustrations with Dream Primer, which I have done. The action taken to correct the issue has to be taken by the developers, Dream Primer.

Comment

• Christian Lamine
                    Editing a comment
                    Ah okay, thanks for clarifying this. I wasn't actually aware of the internal structures, so sorry for confusing them... :-)

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                    Editing a comment
                    To clarify, Making Fun is the publisher. We provide Dream Primer with resources (including my support services) to develop Eternium. Eternium is their game and they make all of the important decisions with it. It works the same way as a book deal. A writer writes the book, the publisher helps the writer distribute the book, gathers the revenue, and cuts the writer a check.

• lmcelhiney
                    lmcelhiney commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If at all possible, I would like to get in line for a small check from DP... (I would totally use it to buy gems, though! :-)
                    Last edited by lmcelhiney; 11-20-2019, 08:46 PM.

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
                  This is an ongoing theme today...
                  Any news on this issue yet?

MAJA MIBA LEGE 4951

Mobile only

Comment

Any news on this issue yet?
                    Yes, actually. Adrian will be adding 2 hours to everyone's play timers.

Comment

• Paul123
                      Paul123 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Define everyone? People that have been affected? Or everyone including people that wasn’t affected?
                      When can we expect this additional time?
                      My timer expired, will I get the 2 hours?

• Christian Lamine
                      Editing a comment
                      Does DP work saturdays? I would guess no. So, has this been forgotten perhaps? My timer has not changed...

• DazednConfused
                      DazednConfused commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My timer is still showing same time as well.

Its saturday now.
                    Most of the player have finished their ANB
                    they have recasted their EXP builds and used much time to push.
                    If + 2hours.What should they do?
                    recasted back their EXP builds?waste the time they have used to push with low champion level? then recasted again and push again with higher Champion level?
                    Its a stupid news.
                    30mins inequity become an inequity that many gems for recast and time waste with low level push.
                    Its only a good news for who is still farming.so how many players are still farming when its 2 days left?
                    No ETA/don't follow ETA
                    No reminder until last few days, even hours.
                    How can we make our plan, when you don't have a plan at all?
                    FWIW, this is a good game with talented designing.
                    but your planning sucks

Comment

• Christian Lamine
                      Editing a comment
                      "Its a stupid news." - hey, another news for you: you don't have to use the additional time at all! You don't have to reforge your equipment! You don't have to push with low cl! Spare yourself the hassle and just close Eternium!

All joking aside: it in fact IS good news, since this is the ONLY possible way to compensate players that have been affected. There is no other way, as Travis mentioned here and there. There are no other means. Even if playing time was already used up, additional time would be able to be spent. And it is good news at least for people, that had been reset and had their cboxes therefore out of reach. At least they are now able (or, lets say they have a realistical chance) to claim their celestials.

The only thing which is noteworthy: as you mentioned: it is saturday, and the additional time hasn't been granted yet. I imagine the developers sitting at home with their families and totally have forgotton about that. This would be bad news. Only this.

• Tin Man
                      Tin Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have no guidance for you on how to deal with your particular situation. I agree with you that the primary beneficiaries are those that got whacked by the bug and those that are still farming. I happen to be one of those in both camps. I got hit by the trial progress reset but only got set back from TL 6 to TL 5 which cost me about 45 seconds of game time which was negligible. I have also yet to push the trials as I have over 5 hours on my event timer and that is before any additional time. Those that got burned for 30 minutes at the end of their timer had a big problem.

That this was coming was a pretty high probability once this issue hit the fan within the first couple of days of Gold #3. The uproar was load enough that based upon past practice the additional time was coming and probably in the last day or two.Yes, their timing stinks. Yes, that this bug continues to hunt the event stinks. No matter what the developers do there will be unhappy people.

Paul123 Everyone in the past has meant everyone that has participated in the event. When can the additional time be expected? Anytime before the event ends. It is also possible what the event could be extended through Monday but do not bet the farm on that. The event being extended though Monday would likely only happen if they do not drop the additional 2 hours on Monday.

Your timer has run out? Keep checking back on the game. Your timer will be extended by 2 hours if past practice is any indication.

For future reference? As long as you are able it is usually a good idea to do your final push on the final day so that if something goes sideways you have the ability to adjust though there has been one time that waiting to the final day can be a negative. At the end of Season 1 they dropped an update that made the trials harder. The dropped update actually hurt those that were completing their final push in the final hours.

This bug is particularly troublesome and disruptive to events which is why there are players that have spent their personal time trying to help identify repeatable steps to replicate the bug to pass along to the developers to help them determine what and where the problem is so that they may fix it faster.

My this be the last time that we have to deal with this particular issue.

I wish everyone the best with how they have to personally deal with the fallout.

• LStab
                      LStab commented
                      Editing a comment
                      im not angry with +2hours.
                      if they announce + 2hours before wendnesday,it would be a very good news.But its saturday now.
                      The bug was discovered earlier.
                      Why devs always deal with their problems so late and so slowly.
                      even no announcement yet.
                      Last edited by LStab; 11-23-2019, 12:39 PM.

Originally posted by LStab View Post
                    Its saturday now.
                    Most of the player have finished their ANB
                    they have recasted their EXP builds and used much time to push.
                    If + 2hours.What should they do?
                    recasted back their EXP builds?waste the time they have used to push with low champion level? then recasted again and push again with higher Champion level?
                    Its a stupid news.
                    30mins inequity become an inequity that many gems for recast and time waste with low level push.
                    Its only a good news for who is still farming.so how many players are still farming when its 2 days left?
                    No ETA/don't follow ETA
                    No reminder until last few days, even hours.
                    How can we make our plan, when you don't have a plan at all?
                    FWIW, this is a good game with talented designing.
                    but your planning sucks
                    I agree totally. It is so unfair that you suddenly decide to extend the gameplay by 2 whole hours while some of us already have changed our exp gears to push gears. This will benefit greatly to those that have not finished the time or changed to push gears. You cant punish us just because we decide to finish the event earlier because guess what? some of us may have things to do on tomorrow.

Seriously, plan better please, either you dont extend the timer or you dont extend the timer. Gosh this is gona affect the leaderboard so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X