No announcement yet.

[ANB Gold 2019] Newly added companion has higher level than seasoned sidekicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ANB Gold 2019] Newly added companion has higher level than seasoned sidekicks

[Game v1.4.38, on Android]

When I took this screenshot, my ANB mage was level 41, and I'd just recently collected Eileen from Anderra:

Click image for larger version  Name:	ANB_Companions_Levels.png Views:	1 Size:	240.7 KB ID:	154921

I bought Endar at the very start, picked up Marcus at his village, then leveled them all the way to Anderra. After running Severed Mtn with all 3, their levels looked like this.

Definitely not complaining about the fast leveling, but this seems like a bug.
    Last edited by ScabbyNuisance; 11-17-2019, 08:58 AM.

That kind of difference is unusual in my experience. It is not uncommon for me to see Eileen get one or two levels higher than Marcus when Marcus is something like level 5 when I get Eileen at level 1. There definitely is some coding going on to accelerate the newly acquired companions, at least the free ones, that are at a lower level than your existing.

The difference you noted is very unusual.
    My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2019-12-14

Comment

My guess is that companions collected during the story are collected at the current level of your hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
        My guess is that companions collected during the story are collected at the current level of your hero.
        That hasn't been my experience before this, but I guess it's possible I'm mistaken.

If true, it's definitely not the case with the purchased ones, because I bought another Endar shortly after this post, and he started at level 1.

Comment

I think Eileen is the only exception, all others starts at level 1 when you get them and level up from there. In previous test runs on normal char, Eileen usually starts at level 5 for me, can't remember what level she was when I got her this ANB...
          Eternium Files - links and details (13 Dec 2019 - Changed links to file, please update if you have them book-marked)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
            I remember in this gold, my Eileen get same level with my hero(60+), and Robin is Level 1(I already Lv70 that time).

Comment

Eileen is always on level with your hero when you first get her. Robin and Marcus are not.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the explanation -- I never noticed that Eileen is unique that way! I wonder what's behind the devs' decision to make her different?

Comment

Working...
                X