What is wrong with this picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with this picture?

And, while only the full portal is operational (the other one opened automatically) there is another fully operational portal that opened when I defeated the big boss. I had not cleared this area yet so I went there and the top portal opened (making it the 2nd one) but did not work. I created the lower one manually but both it as well as the first one remain operational.

The top portal is part of a quest to establish a portal to that level. It looks real, but I think it is only cosmetic and it appears automatically, but only at that spot in the level. You still have beat the boss or call up active portal in order to return to hometown. It is more of a level quirk than a bug.
    Mobile & PC player: Android, Win10
    (CL 2000+)
    Ravenstar - BH (Stalker)
    Magenta - mage (ELR)
    Greystone - BH (Assault, Au miner)
    Rageon - Warrior (Jugg, Exp miner)
    Rageon - Warrior (Defender)

Comment

• Fish knife
      Fish knife commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, beat me to it!

This is Scartree Forest?

Isn't there a story line quest where you have to create a town portal just there?

So, just went trough Scartree Forest again. Cleared that area in your picture, opened a town portal in that location, went on to defeat the end boss, went back to the area in your picture, opened a second town portal and got exactly what you show in your picture. The first portal doesn't work anymore but the second one does...

Too lazy to post a screenshot
    KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2100
    Anisaz, Extra Gold BH, TL 7 (too lazy)
    Keril, confused Mage, TL 7 (can't be bothered)
    Ohad, shieldmaiden, TL 115

Comment

I can understand a non-working portal being part of a quest but is it normal to have 2 working portals (one at the end of the level and then the manual one I created) on the same level? Both of them remained active for a while and I made trips back and forth to town in both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar View Post
        I can understand a non-working portal being part of a quest but is it normal to have 2 working portals (one at the end of the level and then the manual one I created) on the same level? Both of them remained active for a while and I made trips back and forth to town in both of them.
        No, having 2 actual portals active is not normal. Normally, when you finish the level, a portal is automatically opened and you can use it to return to Hometown (I've stopped using this and simply press the back button on the phone to abandon/finish the level - annoying bug with game restarting back into the level, haven't retested in a while...)

If you go and manually spawn another portal, then the initial one should have closed - I haven't tested this much, since I avoid the portal now, unless I need to return to town mid-map to salvage items...
        Eternium Files - links and details (13 Dec 2019 - Changed links to file, please update if you have them book-marked)

Eternium Guides:

Comment

Working...
        X