Screen Resolution on iPAD Pro 2018 / 2020 is not supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Resolution on iPAD Pro 2018 / 2020 is not supported

as you can see on the image there are black frames around the gaming screen.

Yes, I have both and they are very playable. With the black areas which you have identified, there is virtually no room to expand. No room at the bottom or top and so you really can not expand the image.

Comment

Is it actually cutting off part of the graphics or do the graphics not fill the screen?

Comment

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        The latter.

Top and bottom "black" stripes are OK, they are here for system info (top) or the "home" swipe-up bar (bottom). What is really annoying are the sides one. I would rather have bigger top/bottom stripes but wider field of view, compare here iPad FoV (grey) superimposed to iPhone XR FoV (color)

Click image for larger version  Name:	FoV.png Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	174541
      Last edited by LodWig; 06-29-2020, 11:15 AM.
      Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
      Eternium Files

Comment

Here is a scene from iPad Pro (11", 2020):

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_15815.png
Views:	78
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	175292

And a similar scene, captured on an iPhone 5, then placed over the same iPad Pro background:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_15816.png
Views:	77
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	175293

You can see how much more we can see of the map, and more importantly, how much more we can interact with.

Last edited by LodWig; 07-05-2020, 11:17 AM.
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

• Anjaeka
          Anjaeka commented
          Editing a comment
          This is actually really interesting. I was thinking about playing on iPad and now I’m not so sure. In terms of field of view, would PC playing look more like the iPad with less width?

I hope they fix this. I hate ipad resolution

Comment

Isn't the fundamental issue that iPads are neither 4:3 nor 16:9? The 11" screen, in particular, is almost 10% away from the standard screen ratios. I am guessing that all the graphics are designed by various pixel sizes. When you run out of pixels to display? You just flat out run out of pixels to display.

The only real fix would seem to be to lock in the horizontal to fix the screen pixels and let the vertical size float as necessary, just like 16:9 television images on 4:3 screens. That would mean black bars on the top and the bottom. The screenshot from LodWig seems to just be the alternate way of dealing with the issue of locking in the vertical and cutting off the horizontal. From a user perspective? Stay away from screens that are not 16:9 which will keep you from having issues with looks of different applications.

Anjaeka If your PC screen is 16:9? Your screen will look perfectly fine. I run Eternium on a Windows 10 touchscreen and the screen display shows the same amount of stuff as my mobile devices. However, if I run the application in a window instead of full screen? Yes, I get the same cutoffs being shown as the full display only occurs at 1920x1080 or 3840x2160, which are both 16:9.

Asking the developers to cater to even pixel dimension and ratio out there seems to be a bit of a tall order. Reducing the field of view to something less than 1920x1080 would seem to be the only real fix but then many mobile and PC players would be irritated by either stretched images or black bars on their screens.
          My Eternium Data Files Can Be Found Here:

Eternium Files

Trial Level Unlock Updated: 2020-05-27
          All Hero Type Abilities Updated: 2020-05-02

Please let me know if you find any obsolete information or errors. I also welcome suggestions for presentation or content.

Comment

Tin Man I would gladly take the black bars on top and bottom for iPad instead of reduced field of view. Especially since iPhone and iPad have the swipe up to home function. The top and bottom of the screen frequently get accidentally swiped during gameplay. The black bars would be the perfect solution to all problems.

Comment

most games fixed the resolution problem on the iPAD Pro 11inch

Comment

It s fixed. Thx a lot

Comment

• LodWig
                  LodWig commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry, to me it's not fixed, in fact it's worse now

man, way to get every ounce out energy of that battery!

Comment

Leap and charge are now widely used with be new sets - but you want the biggest fov you can get to use them.

Comment

Working...
                  X