Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative Life Steal Value and Shockwave

Hi, I'm a warrior player.

When I play PC version, I have noticed that sometimes Life Steal value goes negative. Guess this is due to exceedig some damage threshold (not 100% sure). During this "negative time", shock wave damage is zero.

This is PC (including Steam version) issue only. Phones (both Android & Iphone) don't have this bug.

I tested it at training grounds. What I did is, checking if Life steal is negative -> reset damage stats when it is negative -> perform a shock wave -> check damage stats. Shock wave damge is 0 in this case.

PS: (summer/2023, season 20) I first posted this during season 4 & my demonstration video has been expired now. Fortunately, CannibaL recorded & posted his perfect demonstration of this bug on Discord, so I attach it.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Arin; 08-24-2023, 07:00 PM.

please pay attention to this bug.... it is not possible to complete levels 160+... it discourages the game when you make 10 SW skills and only 2 of them work. I can record a video where one creep under such a bug can take up to 1 minute of time..

Comment

maybe you should pay attention to the pain of your players?? why are you ignoring? At least write down what you are doing....​

Comment

You’re asking us to invest in making fun, but what’s the point if they don’t hear us here?​

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
          Travis | Support Mgr. commented
          Editing a comment
          As Talon mentioned to you on Discord earlier this week, the devs will look into it.

As an aside, Making Fun is looking for investors to support the development efforts on the 2 new titles Making Fun and Dream Primer are working on. Dream Primer isn't working on Eternium anymore and Making Fun's devs only spend a few hours each week working on the live version of Eternium and their recent focus has been crash fixes, not bugs like the one reported here. Any time we spend on fixing things in the live version delays the launch of the new titles. You can read more about it in the announcements section here on the forum and on the Making Fun dev blog at https://www.blog.makingfun.com/.

This bug seems like something that shouldn't be too hard to fix. We'll look into it.

Also, just because the world doesn't stand still, we are considering making a renewed effort at expanding the live version of Eternium. Had a good discussion with Adrian and Marius and they are excited to support this. More to come after further meetings this week.

To Travis' point though, our #1 goal is to get the crash rate down because it is hurting installs on iOS and Android. We made strong progress on that with a build in limited rollout that should go out wider soon. Progress with crashes will let us move focus to annoying bugs as well as features.

Comment

Originally posted by John Welch | CEO View Post
          This bug seems like something that shouldn't be too hard to fix. We'll look into it.

Also, just because the world doesn't stand still, we are considering making a renewed effort at expanding the live version of Eternium. Had a good discussion with Adrian and Marius and they are excited to support this. More to come after further meetings this week.

To Travis' point though, our #1 goal is to get the crash rate down because it is hurting installs on iOS and Android. We made strong progress on that with a build in limited rollout that should go out wider soon. Progress with crashes will let us move focus to annoying bugs as well as features.

Thanks a lot!!! This is good news, we will wait impatiently)​

Comment

Maybe there is some news?)​

Comment

Did it turn out to be more difficult than you thought?​

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                Editing a comment
                The issue has been resolved in an internal build and will be included in an upcoming update.

Wow))))
              very good news))) thank you!​

Comment

Great news! Glad to hear it!!

Comment

Your waiting impatiently definitely appears to be true.

Comment

Working...
                  X