Typos, description errors, and other text mistakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Typos, description errors, and other text mistakes

I didnt see a dedicated thread for this, so i figured i would start one.

First examples that i can think of off the top:

1.) Anderra, story mode: hero says, "what has 'posessed' this farm equipment to guard the apples." Or something like that... the word should be "possessed."

2.) Rylocke's Deflector, item description: says level 71 legendary "cape"... it should be "shield"

There are a few other small errors in the dialogue in story mode but i cant think of any others at the moment... if i run across them, i will keep posting them here. Will you all help me out?

In the going with the flow level, after the hero checks one of the tanks (the third of the sequence) he/she says something about hallucenogenics and then says, "provenance: the seeds of life 'instalation'."

That should say, "installation"
    Last edited by Beercules; 12-26-2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I have one: it really bothers me that resistance is misspelled resistence in the quest dialog for breaking the resistance, and in the title of the quest.
      I also wonder if the Gorillian Browlers are supposed to be Brawlers.

Comment

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        I checked, it’s “brothers” for me

• Beercules
        Beercules commented
        Editing a comment
        MightyPen can you confirm where you saw "browlers"? The daily quest definitely says "brothers" but i remember seeing "browlers" somewhere as well... its either is the intro to that level or in the enemy name in the health bar or something like that... i will try to find a screen to snap and add it here
        Last edited by Beercules; 12-26-2020, 11:23 AM.

• MightyPen
        MightyPen commented
        Editing a comment
        It's in the enemy health bar. I've been trying to get a screen capture, but I can only find the higher Gorillians, like Chargers. The Browler is the base level.

Came across one today. Completed the quest Vandalism on the Streets, and Ingrid said this:

Comment

A couple minor ones: in the intro to scartree hold - "to construct their settlements undergrounds" = underground should be singular there.

In the intro to the catacombs - "sivari fled in the catacombs" should read either sivari fled "to" or "into" the catacombs
        Attached Files

Comment

Punctuation error: this should say "minotaurs' savage attacks" with an apostrophe.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Beercules; 01-05-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Should be "abilites 'are'..." not "is".
            Attached Files

Comment

• MightyPen
              MightyPen commented
              Editing a comment
              I think this one comes from the way the game is coded. It may be in the format "ATTRIBUTE is increased by ## PERCENT" It works for Damage, Power, etc. What they could do is change abilities to ability to make it fit better. Sounds better to me, too.

Did anyone mention "double XP" in ANB yet??

Comment

• Beercules
              Beercules commented
              Editing a comment
              No, i dont think so. But, i dont follow... what would be the error in that case?

• Stusmith50
              Stusmith50 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's a 50 % bonus. Next time you start a new character hit the first mob with floating numbers switch on. You'll see you get 4 XP. On first level of ANB you get 6 XP. 4*2=6 ?? Really!

• Beercules
              Beercules commented
              Editing a comment
              Ooohhh, i see. Yes, definitely a description error!

Some of the buff descriptions are pulling right out of the code... or there is broken or non existant aliases or something. "talisman_of_storms" and "in_the_zone_dmg_buff" and maybe others?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Medamanaman
              Medamanaman commented
              Editing a comment
              In the same area of "Effects Description": for Mages, there's one called "Glory", complete with the Glory icon; I think this should be renamed (or does it make any sense that I simply can't see?).
              Last edited by Medamanaman; 03-09-2021, 11:54 AM.

• Beercules
              Beercules commented
              Editing a comment
              No, you are right - i have seen that. Pretty sure thats the build up of the vial of wind spirit as it accumulates and gives you haste... i agree that it is confusing to have that particular buff share the name with the currency

Small punctuation error: there should be a comma between "water" and "we" in the first sentence.

Also, saying "river's water" is not technically wrong but, it doesnt sound natural either. It should likely just be a simple adjective instead of a possessive noun, "after drinking the 'river water'"
            Attached Files

Comment

With this intro, the conjunction should be "and clothes" instead of 'or.'

But, there is also the fact that this sentence means that architecture and clothes are literally sprouting legs and running away from the brutal warriors in order to escape, or elude them... to be coherent, this should read: "they look like brutal warriors, but the concepts of architecture and clothing seem to elude them."
              Attached Files

Comment

Not entirely sure if this one is a mistake, but shouldn't it be "special" rather than "school"? The message popped up when I already had frost damage added and then accidentally tapped one of the grayed out fire/arcane/etc. damage buttons as well.

​​​​​

Comment

Maggie, the Potioncaster's first dialogue asks the player to arrange a meeting. Her conversation uses the word "arrage" rather than "arrange".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapshot 2021-03-08 05.22.14c.png Views:	0 Size:	318.3 KB ID:	194113
                  Last edited by Stig; 03-11-2021, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Not a typo, but something I find mildly annoying:

amongst the Daily Quests there are some which show the same text from the character issuing the quest after it has been completed as before it was begun [only with a few does it change to something like "Well done! You have...."]
                    Last edited by Medamanaman; 03-13-2021, 05:58 PM. Reason: Typo in the word "typo"

Comment

Morgenheim intro: "...most of the ursoc begun reverting..."

That should be "began"

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X