PvP Major Glitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PvP Major Glitches

This is the fourth time I lost a fight due to the GAME freezing.. NO ERROR.. not my device, not my connection and def not my service provider... Due in fact, Game Crash from the program. My last fight with "Leon" I would like my points restored, as well as the other THREE I lost in this fashion. There were five other games I lost that share the same common flaw as other players. Id like to have those points back as well.
    In addition, most of my fights i have lost to players who had god like skills.... INVINCIBILITY being one of them, 99999999+ health and damage being another two, unlimited power, permanent force shields, being others... casting three immolates and 10electroballs simultaneously being examples.
    My highest rating was at 1300+,not much but at a rating now of 735...seems awe inspiring. i admit I lost a few battles fair and square.. those pts amount to less than 50 however. As for battles i personally did not fight and lost.. cannot claim fair or unfair but Ive lost about 50POINTS in this fashion.

I lose to crashes AND the super fun error message in a box, so I guess I win the "most fun had" prize. Just lost to a Mage that shot something that does not exist in the game as well, and was dealt 90% Unknown damage lol. I could only describe it as a horde of spiky cannon balls, causing instantaneous death, before I could cast Smoke Screen.... plausible.

Oh, lost to a 900 CL Naked Warrior with no weapon, literally unarmed in his Birthday Suit, who proceeded to teleport to me and literally applaud me to death... maybe he had the super secret Evolved Covid 20-Clap ability equipped, or perhaps it was a punative lethal slow clap for any one of my horrible failed attempts at humor in these hallowed halls (Also, it was Not Charge, I know how each class operates, and the Warrior can't naked teleport, nor can the Mage fire barrages of weaponized bowling balls, in under 20 milliseconds no less ).

So balanced, but regardless I'm the idiot playing a 2150 CL+ BH in almost entirely level 77 celestial gear with perfect jewelry, in the arena of all places, over and over and over soooo....

Since a lucky and quite stable day one, I've dropped from rank 50 to 700 something lol... due to a string of cheaters, crashes, errors and whatever cursed category instances such as those described above fall under... maybe "Acts of Digital God"?

So note to my forum friends, if you see a grinning naked man moving around like a stop motion monster girl in a horror film, with a proclivity for getting handsy... just log out and save yourself the humiliation and possible super Covid. So glad this isn't COD... I'd of been SO incredibly teabagged.
    Last edited by DethStrike; 02-18-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

D W You can select one of three heroes to fight in the Arena. If you click on their names, you can see their stats before selecting which one to fight. Typically, there is one elite, one somewhat evenly matched, and one easy opponent to choose from. You can start with the easy opponents to get the hang of which abilities give you the most trouble.

If you run into a player with skills that seem out of line, you can screen shot that opponent and send it to: help@makingfun.com so the game manager can remove any cheaters.

It is frustrating when the game crashes during an Arena fight because you lose one of your free tickets. I lost out on three matches yesterday due to screen freezes. If you screen shot the frozen page and post it to Bug Reports or the email above, the game manager (Travis) may be able to help.

Comment

• DethStrike
        DethStrike commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's the only happy moment I had in the last 2 days of arena hell, knowing that I had their mugshots. Kinda takes the fun and purpose out of the whole mode though.

Also, I get charged a loss along with -16 rank when I get a screen freeze or error.
        Last edited by DethStrike; 02-18-2021, 03:05 PM.

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        DethStrike Ouch, I had not noticed that you get charged for a loss when the screen freezes. That definitely sounds like a major bug that needs to be fixed.

Ozymandius Well, it technically says something similar to "Awaiting Results" if you view the history. But I've discovered no method to re-enter the lost arena fight, and it shows a loss once you complete a new Fight, or glitch out again lol. Maybe that's hope for the future though. at least.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, when my screen freezes in the Arena, I get a black "out of memory" box with check box to continue. Of course, when you check the box the game crashes and you lose the fight ticket.

Warriors with the Fury armor are way, way too powerful in this. I've taken to avoid then, even when they're well below my level, because they rompastomp you almost every time. Also, I have had shutdowns and that box show up.

Comment

Yeah the 6 piece Fury bonus of double charge/leap pretty much negates the BH's keep away tactic entirely. Coupled with the Anti Control Belt whatchamacallit gives them pretty much free reign over your butt region assuming they survive the Initial Barrage you are "Allowed".

Comment

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you should just switch over to Warrior. You do get to choose which of your heroes to fight in the Arena. For me, I tend to avoid battles against powerful Mage because they can stun you and kill you with Frost Bolt before you can even move your BH out of the way, but I also skip battles with powerful Charge/Leap Warriors as well, especially if they have the life drain Vampirism charm. They should just add a setting so that you only fight within your hero class.

• DethStrike
          DethStrike commented
          Editing a comment
          I already have since posting, just short on the extreme amount of materials needed to get a warrior running fully after so much neglect. Ozymandius

The bad news is that I cannot edit player rankings. The good news is that all players see the same errors and crashes and lose rank just like you, making the playing field level. Another bit of good news is that your ranking is somewhat arbitrary since there isn't a rewards system in place for ranking yet. Before a rewards system is added, crashes and errors will be fixed and rankings will be reset.

Also, please stop double-posting everything in multiple sections.

Comment

• DethStrike
          DethStrike commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Travis, that's a relief, after all. I suppose though if the new rewards system is added, prior to the PVP class imbalance being addressed, Bounty Hunters will be foaming at an even greater rate. Reading mages in the top tier begging Bounty Hunters to show up, as the warrior's all around them take forever to kill, made me laugh though. Then looking at the global LB and seeing the top BH is rank 25 globally, trailed distantly by a rank 40 at 2nd place, and rank 53 at 3rd place, really lays out the gravity of the current balance perception.

Maybe we BH's can get a smaller dedicated arena, like a kid's section at a fancy country club, where we can just beat each other up while the adults get down to business.

I know I'd beat up countless children for even a token prize, like the Glass Hand Cannon pistol cosmetic of my dreams, that I would rock until the day this game goes offline. --edit-- Hopefully a long, long time from now lol, no snarky inferences intended as I read my own post
          Last edited by DethStrike; 02-18-2021, 09:00 PM.

ive played against BHs that stun me as soon as the start counter hits 0... there was one player had stunned me for more than 5seconds... same power as Eban. and annihalated me within 20 seconds.. funny thing he was only lvl 64 hero rate less than 100, with stats well below mine, avg equip lvl of 60+, no legendarys of any kind, skill lvl avg of about 5. and he could stun...BEFORE THE FIGHT COMMENCED. MY HERO, A BH. WAS AT LVL 70, ALL LEGENDARY EQUIP, WITH AVG LVL OF 72, ALL SKILLS USED MAXED OUT... the reason i chose to fight him was bcos i didnt want to lose a ticket... the other challengers had stats in the 2- 10MILL range,
        Id also like to know what the "+" is ive seen on some player stats, and trying to read their info is confidential.. I dont know but the pvp is weird

Comment

Originally posted by D W View Post
          ive played against BHs that stun me as soon as the start counter hits 0... there was one player had stunned me for more than 5seconds... same power as Eban. and annihalated me within 20 seconds.. funny thing he was only lvl 64 hero rate less than 100, with stats well below mine, avg equip lvl of 60+, no legendarys of any kind, skill lvl avg of about 5. and he could stun...BEFORE THE FIGHT COMMENCED. MY HERO, A BH. WAS AT LVL 70, ALL LEGENDARY EQUIP, WITH AVG LVL OF 72, ALL SKILLS USED MAXED OUT... the reason i chose to fight him was bcos i didnt want to lose a ticket... the other challengers had stats in the 2- 10MILL range,
          Id also like to know what the "+" is ive seen on some player stats, and trying to read their info is confidential.. I dont know but the pvp is weird
          One issue I have noticed is that the AI is allowed to attack you from offscreen, giving it a decided advantage in all encounters. Some warrior players have seemed to figure out a way to be invulnerable, too. I just lost to one with a third of my champion levels; I was only once able to make the smallest of dents in their health bar.
          Last edited by Windthin; 03-04-2021, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Ozymandius
            Ozymandius commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, you should be able to move your hero during the countdown to avoid the AI player's advantage of having the first attack Right now, you have to avoid matches against players who can one shot you before you ever get to respond.
        Working...
        X