Two bridges are almost uncrossable

Game version: __ 1.5.32 to 1.5.35
    Windows/IOS/Android + version: __ Android 8.1
    Device Model (EX: Apple iPhone7) : __Samsung Galaxy S9
    Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): __ Going with the Flow, ...Aether
    Player Type (EX: Mage): __ Mage, BH

Player Gear: __ Mage: ELR/GMC/Fire Lily: BH: Assault
    Abilities: __ differwnt for both toons
    Reproducible: __5/5 (Flow), 4.5/5 (Aether)

Current situation (bug):
    The toons won't cross the two bridges on their own and have to be "persuaded"

Expected situation (working):
    Brifges functiining like all others

Steps reproduce the bug: Flow....
    1. From the start move to the right

2. On the last platform fefore the Quartermaster move the toon so that part of the QM's platform is visible
    3. Tap anywhere on the QM's platform
    4. If there are minions beneath the tap, toon fights as expected
    5. Otherwise it turns and runs the long way around.
    The only way I have found that always makes the toon use thus bridge is tap on a point of the bridge just a few.millimetres away from the toon's platform; once it is on the bridge, everything works as normal.

Steps reproduce the bug: Aether...
    1. Proceed to the point where therw are two bridges leading to a closed-off area on the left.

2. Position the toon in front of the first bridge
    3. Eliminate the minions on the othee side
    4. Tap on the ground beyond the bridge (both directions work the same way)
    5. Toon (and companions, if there) will turn and run across the second bridge
    5a. If I "force" the toon to use the first bridge the same way as in Flow, the companions will mostly, but not always, use the second bridge - more often with the Mage than with the BH.

Screenshots or Video of the bug: (add as many screenshots as you need) Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridge_1.png
Views:	741
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	194383Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridge_2.png
Views:	930
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	194380
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridge_3.png
Views:	740
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	194382Click image for larger version

Name:	Bridge_4.png
Views:	733
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	194381

Please note: screenshots 3 and 4 have been switched around

Fully agree, this is very painful while doing story modes...

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man
      Out of curiosity, do you tap the screen or drag your finger across the screen?.
      Thanks - a good suggestion in that question.
      I slide guide my toons nearly everywhere, but for some inscrutable reason have so far never done so to cross bridges.

It's nice to have a functioning workaround - this still doesn't change the fact that these bridges are "broken".
      This is especially noticeable in "Flow", where after a tap on the QM's platform the toon runs back to where it came from and then runs to its destination the LOOOONG way around.

Comment

The pathfinding in Marmalade (the engine the game runs on) is terrible, hence the "not another bridge" cracks the heroes make.

Comment

Even in the map Road to Anderra, the bridge is very annoying to cross when doing gem runs. Android user here.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
            The pathfinding in Marmalade (the engine the game runs on) is terrible, hence the "not another bridge" cracks the heroes make.
            ...and I suppose this is so fundamental to Eternium that there won't be an improvement any time soon.
            Ah, well, thanks to Tin Man the problem has become much less annoying for me.

Comment

• papa jim
              papa jim commented
              Editing a comment
              Since the problem is with the engine then it will remain until they have completed the port to another, a work in progress.

I just found another bridge - with a specialty: in Canyon of Whispers there is another area to the left of the main path that's accessible via two bridges; this time the second one is the culprit, and while from right to left I can guide my Mage toon across easily by sliding my finger, any attempt to do so from left to right gives it an epileptic fit, while the whole screen shudders.

Comment

• Turgeon
              Turgeon commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah the6 are planning to switch to unreal instead of marmelade. Dunno when it will happen but it will probably fixed those issues
          Working...
          X