X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Title "Challenger" can't be got rid of

Eternium 1.5.42 / Androud 8.1

Hi,
    I just received the Medals for Season 5 - and the title "Challenger".
    Afterwards, the first time I tapped a toon's name inside the Inventory Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210409-222817_Eternium.png
Views:	197
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	195776 , I was presented with a choice for which title I wanted to use - "None" or "Challenger". I tapped "None" and thought that was it.
    Not at all: now every tap on any toon's name - INCLUDING THE NEW ANB CHARACTER! - brings up that annoying box; the selection of "None" is obviously ignored completely.

Desired result: make my choice "stick".
    Last edited by Medamanaman; 04-09-2021, 08:31 PM.

Time for my ever-popular stupid questions.

Why would one click on a hero's name other than to change the title? Clicking on a hero's name has no function other than choosing amongst the available titles.

Are you want to make the title permanent and never able to be changed ever again? Just a one-time selection?

Have to admit that I would not like the choice to be one-time only. But, then again, I do not typically click my hero's name.

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha youre absolutly right tin man maybe we dont understand wha5 mademanaman mean. If its correct then i dunno why he would like this permanant

• Medamanaman
      Medamanaman commented
      Editing a comment
      I tap just below the name on "Champion Level" to assign new Champion points - in the current AFN after every run of TL80; however, my fingers are rather big, my smartphone screen is not, so every now and then I hit the name instead.
      From your reactions I gather that this behaviour of the game is not a bug but a feature, so I'll simply have to live with it; I suppose that I'll survive. ;-)

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not have your issue. I click on the Champion Points block, below the experience indicator, and I get the Champion Points menu. I click on the hero name block, above the experience indicator, and I get the option for setting a title.

Try clicking lower and higher. Yes, smaller screens and bigger fingers might cause an issue. The touch areas are clearly different and separated by the experience indicator.

Not a bug. Not a feature. They really are different activation areas.

Out of curiosity, what device are you using? What happens if you use a touchscreen pointer rather than your finger?

In the past few years I tried several styluses (also for my current phone, Galaxy S9), but never could find one that worked better for me than my fingers.

As for "feature": I meant the box in which "None" originally lead me to suppose that ("be gone, spawn of darkness") this would be more than "Try again later", as for me personally it is quite clear that I WON'T change my mind - I had enough contact with ranks during my time in the Army to last me a lifetime.

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      No. You can change your title any time you wish when you have multiple available titles. The "none" just means to not display a title. You can have all five titles available for selection at any time in addition to "none".

I mentioned a stylus to because I am curious whether or not you have the similar issue with a smaller point, not for playing.
Working...
X