Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky: How to receive submitted Bug reports (a guide for developers and support)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticky: How to receive submitted Bug reports (a guide for developers and support)

Out of respect towards your players and to save their time, by preventing them posting known bugs, I suggest the following:

Make a sticky thread with a name: Sticky: List of known bugs - Read before submitting

In that thread provide a list of bugs, that you know, exist in the game. Provide as detailed description of them as possible. Also add your comment about your plans fixing them. If there are restricting factors, explain them as well.

It is not much work for one support person to maintain, but it would build a bettar and more transparent system and it will save a lot of time for players, who are trying to help you out, by submitting the bugs.

Also it is not much to post a reply to the submitted thread, that you have received it and will give it a review, or if you are aware of the issue already.
    Last edited by Heikki Gross; 05-12-2021, 08:29 AM.

That would be a long list and I don't always know when bugs get fixed, so maintaining the list would prove difficult.

Comment

• Turgeon
      Turgeon commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean a very LONG LONG list. Haha.

• Heikki Gross
      Heikki Gross commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure players can help you on that matter very well and this is an opportunity for you to demand proper patchnotes from the devs each time one rolls out. Communication is the key to a happy community.
Working...
X