X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with Game Log in

Windows 10 PC
    Game version 1.5.45

It often takes 3 or 4 tries to log into the game these days. I tried resetting the App and restarting my computer. The log in process crashes when searching for the log in server, sometimes I get a "cannot connect" message but more often the log in screen just disappears from the screen so I have to start all over again. I thought it was because the server was busy during ANB event, but it is still happening after event ended.

There were two events that weirdly coincided (at least for me) on June 11

One was the Windows 10 update:

June 8, 2021—KB5003637 (OS Builds 19041.1052, 19042.1052, and 19043.1052) (microsoft.com)

And the other was the weird Server outage.

Like You - and since - I have this really flaky experience of often hitting the "Synchronizing Profile" on my Win10 system and it crashing out - requiring multiple retries (and holding my breath and hoping for the best each time) before it finally grabs. I actually can't consistently reproduce it. Sometimes it works fine, and other times it seems super flaky.

I have no idea if any of these are related, but I would be interested to know if anyone (everyone?) else who has been experiencing this has also had the June 8 Win10 update installed.

... KTB

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      Teebs maybe it was the Windows 10 update. My problems seemed to start about that time.

• Teebs
      Teebs commented
      Editing a comment
      Ozymandius , do you cross-platform play as well?

If it is a profile synch issue - this seems a more likely source for creating the crash (perhaps?!)

Again, I am trying to be able to consistently reproduce the problem, and I can't seem to nail down a way to always make it crash out. It just seems 'flaky' more than consistent.

After 1.5.42 got live I saw an improvement regarding this matter. Even posted something in Feedback&Suggestions back then.

However the issue came back yesterday. After purchasing the season pass on my Android device then trying to log on to my PC. The game crashed several time before finally connecting.
    Is it because I did a purchase (on another device) or does the game have trouble synchronizing between devices?? I always log off before swtching device.

Have you guys noticed something like this?
    Last edited by Grand_Wazoo; 06-16-2021, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Grand_Wazoo
      Grand_Wazoo commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not entirely sure mine is purchase related either. Just trying to point out possibilities as this issue is not new.
      Usually it will crash after entering credentials.(at synchronizing profile). Or you'll get a ''check your internet connection'' message even if there is no problem with it.
      Last edited by Grand_Wazoo; 06-16-2021, 06:24 PM.

• Teebs
      Teebs commented
      Editing a comment
      I am curious if this happens to anyone who exclusively plays on PC (or ... if it ever happens between consecutive plays on the PC - I play on the PC ... go away, then the next time I play, I also play on the PC). It seems (to me) the only time this is happening is after I have played on my tablet so that the server profile is Newer than my local PC profile - and the synch error glitches.

Also it seems like JUST playing on the tablet isn't enough - it seems like something more (eg - purchasing the Season Pass in your case) which has Account wide ramifications.

For example - if I run a story level with a character (on my tablet), then I seem to login just fine next time on PC. However, if I run a daily quest with that same character - then I DO have the crash out on Profile Synch.

BUT - that said, I still can't seem to consistently reproduce it (though the longer this goes on and the longer I obsess over it, the more likely I might be able to!)

... KTB

• Grand_Wazoo
      Grand_Wazoo commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree that some actions seems to have more impact for the next logging on PC. And your idea of things that have an ''account wide ramifications'' is interesting.
      If I recall I once had the game crashed several times on PC after collecting medals on my mobile device. Same thing happened with my last season pass purchase. As you righfully mentionned these issues are hard to reproduce.

Really look like some things are harder to synchronize...

Thanks for the report and the details provided. I have made the team aware of this issue. Please continue to provide details (clues) as you think of them.

Comment

• Teebs
      Teebs commented
      Editing a comment
      I can tell you that I did a full (and proper) uninstall / reinstall of Eternium on my PC on June 13, since I thought it possible the June 8 WIN10 update might have glitched the install somehow.

What I have not tried (and honestly, I am not going to) is rolling back the June 8 update (I like Eternium a lot, but I use the computer for more than just Eternium!)

... KTB

Just did a reset of the app on Win10. Then tried to log back in. Game crashed... Worked on third try.

Comment

Same problem here, I need to launch the windows app 2-3 or 4 times before being allowed to play.

Here are the 2 errors I can seen in Windows10 loging : (sorry, it's in french)

Code:
      Application : Marmalade.App.exe
      Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
      Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
      Informations sur l'exception : code d'exception c0000005, adresse d'exception 64FFE52A
      Pile :

Followed by :

Code:
      Nom de l’application défaillante Marmalade.App.exe, version : 1.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x5863d305
      Nom du module défaillant : Eternium.s86, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x60a7a90f
      Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
      Décalage d’erreur : 0x0055e52a
      ID du processus défaillant : 0x13b8
      Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d76a6623c485e3
      Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MakingFunInc.MageandMinions_1.5. 45.1_x86__9zmfew2yj4s18\Marmalade.App.exe
      Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MakingFunInc.MageandMinions_1.5. 45.1_x86__9zmfew2yj4s18\Eternium.s86
      ID de rapport : 89243365-fc49-4f54-99ba-ff5544e9fdda
      Nom complet du package défaillant : MakingFunInc.MageandMinions_1.5.45.1_x86__9zmfew2y j4s18
      ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : App
      Hope it will help !

Comment

One thing I can add, is that the unwanted disconnection occurs just after the first green loading bar, when the new window with "Synchronizing Profile" appears.
        I checked, my network connectivity is OK, so maybe it's an issue with your login server that cannot be reached ?

Comment

The same goes for me, a crash right at the beginning of the game, at least a second one during the session. I'm curious whether an ANB is so playable ...

Comment

Android (Alldocube, iplay20), the game always hangs up at early green bar stage.....close and restart once and everything is fine.....always thought this was a specific device problem....and maybe actually.is,, unless others experience same problem on other devices. Not a bother really, just a side notice.
            Backyard FireLily (gloriosa superba)
            [ BrokenGarm , LenniGold , LenniXP ]

Comment

When I play on PC I have the same issue with crashes when starting the game. In general, the game crashes at least twice, and always during the "Synchronizing Profile " step, before it completes the process and starts the game.

Random crashes on PC during trials and when running story levels has been happening for as long as I can remember. Stopped reporting it a long time ago. Thought I remember it being attributed to a Windows-Android-Marmelade issue!?
              Last edited by RockDoc; 07-01-2021, 11:33 PM. Reason: Moved this from a different thread.

Comment

FYI, I just installed the latest version 1.5.49 and the game switched from one account to the other without having to do a restart, so maybe things are looking up!

Comment

As a follow-up to my above post, now using v.1.5.50 and I am still experiencing starting issues most of the time, and the game freezing up as I enter levels.
                  The freezing up has happened to me twice this Silver ANB, once as I was entering Story level 10 and once when I was entering TL90. Needless to say it is rather frustrating!
                  Is there a PC version out there that is stable?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
                    Travis | Support Mgr. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tin Man is having trouble with .50, too. He's having better luck with .49.

• RockDoc
                    RockDoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, I'll give it a try to see if it works better.

I am on v.1.5.50 since yesterday and the game is crashing as often as before. At ''synchronizing profile''. 3 attempts to finally log in on PC this morning.
                  The PC version is having issue synchronizing between devices (long time problem). I noticed that this seem to happen more often if my previous session was on my Android mobile even if I always log out.. I feel like something gets stuck while syncing ...
                  Last edited by Grand_Wazoo; 08-04-2021, 12:38 PM. Reason: Merged reply.

Comment

• GKM
                    GKM commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have the same problem but now it kicks me out when i finish a trial or story mode not always but it has happened twice since i started playing today

Tin Man RockDoc Grand_Wazoo Please provide me with the friend codes for the profiles having trouble with v1.5.50.

Comment

• Grand_Wazoo
                    Grand_Wazoo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Will send you a PM.
                Working...
                X