Windows 10 - Version 1.5.48 - Immersive Mode and Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 - Version 1.5.48 - Immersive Mode and Crashes

I really dislike the new position of the UI. On Windows, the vertical space is precious and losing a fair amount by having the controls at the bottom is poor design. I thought that I could work around the issue by turning on the immersive mode, but it does not work properly. When on, it does hide some (but not all of the icons) on the bottom, BUT the area is still active so you cannot click there which makes the option pretty pointless. My first choice would be an option to return the UI to the left and right, but if that is not possible please fix the immersive mode so that actually removes the UI elements completely.

Thanks.

With the new UI the screen looks even more cluttered than before. So I thought trying full immersive mode. But the screen goes from this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.5.46.jpg Views:	0 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	198950

To this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.5.46a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.9 KB ID:	198951
    As you can see the skills disappeared but that big rectangle is still showing (empty)....

BUT......when I mouse over the empty rectangle the skills description pops!...not very handy and definately not fully immersive.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.5.46b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.6 KB ID:	198952

And this is also the case when you are in a map fighting mobs.
    Last edited by Grand_Wazoo; 06-28-2021, 07:53 PM. Reason: added 1.5.48

Comment

• Peter Clough
      Peter Clough commented
      Editing a comment
      I know that is hilariously bad...

I am also finding that this new version is VERY unstable. It crashes 2 out of 3 times on startup and does not seem to run for more than an hour or so without crashing. At one point, the crashes seemed to cause some other problem and I was unable to start the game at all. It always gave me an 'corrupt file' error on startup. I was able to get it working again by uninstalling and reinstalling but that is clearly not very optimal.

Comment

couple of crashes today while running story mode, this also seems to be the error reported while starting the app
      Faulting application name: Marmalade.App.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5863d305
      Faulting module name: Eternium.s86, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60d5dd47
      Exception code: 0xc0000005
      Fault offset: 0x001787ef
      Faulting process id: 0xe28
      Faulting application start time: 0x01d76dcd422fd680
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MakingFunInc.MageandMinions_1.5. 48.1_x86__9zmfew2yj4s18\Marmalade.App.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MakingFunInc.MageandMinions_1.5. 48.1_x86__9zmfew2yj4s18\Eternium.s86
      Report Id: 425939d9-37b7-46e7-b83f-74c412653fe5
      Faulting package full name: MakingFunInc.MageandMinions_1.5.48.1_x86__9zmfew2y j4s18
      Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Comment

• Grand_Wazoo
        Grand_Wazoo commented
        Editing a comment
        Finally updated to .48? I am still on 1.5.45.

• papa jim
        papa jim commented
        Editing a comment
        I updated when they first released .48, who knows if you will be able to participate in anb or anything else without updating and, regardless of the poorly designed ui we need to know if the release is stable. Unfortunately we seem to have a lot more crashes with .48 so will gold start htis friday?

• Grand_Wazoo
        Grand_Wazoo commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah will probably be force to update before Gold. No clue if it's gonna start this friday. With all the issues I wouldn't be surprise if it's delayed.
        Received medals from last season (was afraid they would not come with an older game version).

Originally posted by ZackerySmith View Post
      I am also finding that this new version is VERY unstable. It crashes 2 out of 3 times on startup and does not seem to run for more than an hour or so without crashing. At one point, the crashes seemed to cause some other problem and I was unable to start the game at all. It always gave me an 'corrupt file' error on startup. I was able to get it working again by uninstalling and reinstalling but that is clearly not very optimal.
      I am having exact same issue, but I did not try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Comment

FYI, they just posted a new game update 1.5.49 that corrects the UI and thus far has proven to be more stable.

Comment

Everything nice again! 1000THX to the team! Can we have a say next time BEFORE such changes go online? (Beta test or similar?)
          Last edited by BarinaSid; 07-02-2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Hmm... I am not seeing any update available. Are you using the Steam version or the Windows Store version?

Comment

I checked multiple times yesterday and uninstalled and reinstalled game from Windows store and it never updated. Thank you Tin Man for making the files for new version available.

Comment

• BarinaSid
                BarinaSid commented
                Editing a comment
                Strange that it doesn't work for you. The Microsoft Store immediately started the game update on request yesterday. (Win10.)

I was able to update to 1.5.49 through Microsoft Store yesterday.

Comment

I was still not able to upgrade as of about an hour ago. However, using the link provided by Tin Man I was able to upgrade.

Much thanks.

Comment

Still have at least one shut down during startup every time I start game. Yesterday I was in midst of fighting mobs on T70, about 2 min into trial and it shut down. Lost time from event timer and got nothing else! PO'd to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                  X