Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teebs
    commented on 's reply
    This might be because only some of Morgan's quests aren't completable within a single run.

You could test this with Alarion's Crystal Mountain Void infusers by just collecting a few and then teleporting out then exiting the game and see if it resets?

Or not!?

... KTB

• spartanhooah
    replied
    Originally posted by Teebs View Post
    As I recall this 'reset' of the number of items counted for the various Morgan quests happens regardless of how you exit the game (so, even if you intentionally exit the game in the middle of your collecting, it will get reset back to zero). I don't know if you want to call THAT a bug, but the 'bug' which can't be mitigated against by simply not exiting in the middle of a quest, is the memory crash you are experiencing.
    Yeah, this definitely seems to happen only to Morgan's quests. This morning I had the Elites quest as well as the Proving Ground quest, so of course I got the 10 elites in that one level. I didn't turn in either quest right away, but later in the day when I picked the game back up again (and it needed to completely restart), only Morgan's quest got reset. It really seems like a bug or missed requirement to not save the progress of those quests when returning to the town. I agree that not saving progress during a level isn't something that should be as expected, though.

Leave a comment:

• Nhat
    commented on 's reply
    "Kill # mob" types of quests get reset if you restart the game normally, no need for crash. Even those collection quests got reset a while ago too, but I think it was fixed lately...
    Never bothered reporting, since it's only a minor annoyance, when compared to everything else...

Actually, was reported when the quests first came out 2 years ago...
    Last edited by Nhat; 11-18-2021, 08:54 AM.

• LodWig
    replied
    This happens also if you just switch to another device

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    replied
    When the game crashes or exits unexpectedly, it's not surprising that some progress isn't saved.

Leave a comment:

• Teebs
    replied
    As I recall this 'reset' of the number of items counted for the various Morgan quests happens regardless of how you exit the game (so, even if you intentionally exit the game in the middle of your collecting, it will get reset back to zero). I don't know if you want to call THAT a bug, but the 'bug' which can't be mitigated against by simply not exiting in the middle of a quest, is the memory crash you are experiencing.

... KTB

Leave a comment:

• GAMEPLAY: State not saved well for dailies with collections

Game version: 1.5.80
    Android 12
    Device Model: Pixel 5
    Daily quest with collect or destroy n:
    Player Type: Bounty Hunter
    Reproducible: 5/5

Current situation (bug):
    When one of my daily quests involves collecting or destroying a number of things (e.g. Clear the Pond, the absolute worst), if the game gets kicked out of memory for whatever reason, any progress I've made on that quest is reset. Any quests that I've completed but not yet turned in are still in that state.

Expected situation (working):
    All progress should be saved (at the least upon returning to the village).

Steps reproduce the bug:
    1. Start a daily quest with collect/destroy n objective.
    2. Make some progress (e.g. kill 20 Merlok Toads).
    3. Cause the game to be kicked out of memory (either force quit it or open several other apps).
    4. Re-open the game.
    5. Progress on that daily quest has been reset.
Working...
X