The Elven Dud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Elven Dud

So I created a new account to test some things, and discovered an ultra-annoying popup called "The Elven Deal."

Not only will it stay with you for over 40 hours, but the most infuriating thing is that the icon is located right beside the "x" button, so practically every time you use that button, you call up the "Elven Deal" thing which then fills up your entire screen.

Does anyone know how to get rid of it, aside from waiting 40 hours or paying the 20 bucks?
    Attached Files

I don't remember seeing that before. Did you open new profile in Steam? It could be one of their "specials" that isn't offered outside of Steam.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      It's offered to every new profile, even yours back in 2018.

• RockDoc
      RockDoc commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm lucky to remember what I did or didn't have for dinner last week, let alone a game reward from 3-1/2 yrs ago.

Originally posted by Kristoff View Post
    Does anyone know how to get rid of it, aside from waiting 40 hours or paying the 20 bucks?
    It's a known problem with the UI changes that were made awhile ago. The only way to get rid of it is to wait it out, or buy the Deal.

Comment

• Kristoff
      Kristoff commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok. Thanks, Travis!

Oh this is fresh for me lols so annoying lol

Comment

Maybe they could just add this deal icon into the new Store inventory instead of on screen.

Comment

Now isn't that a novel idea, putting onsale deals in the store instead of on screen. That seems so . . . obvious! Great idea Ozy!

Comment

Working...
        X