Monster Status Bar obscured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Status Bar obscured

Click image for larger version  Name:	Optimized-30451A53-998D-473C-8612-0B42A923FB6E.jpg Views:	1 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	212214 I tried sending this directly to Support with an email but don’t know if it went through so I am posting it here to see if anyone has any answers. In the upper right corner of the screen, notice that the Monster Health Status Bar is partially covered by the small Map and the connection status bubble. I have seen screenshots and videos where this status bar is more to the left, completely visible, and you can read the entire name of the targeted monster. Gameplay is not affected. I am playing on an iPad Air 5 with the M1 chip, latest version. My screen view is at 150%. Changing it to default 100% doesn’t solve the problem; the game looks way better at 150% anyway. Thanks for any help.

Just noticed something else that has happened with the new iPad Air; again, doesn’t affect gameplay but might as well point it out. The new iPad did away with the Home Button and switched to a Swipe Bar (don’t know if this is the correct name but it’s the best way I can describe it). Notice that this white Swipe Bar is located dead center in the Experience Bar at the bottom of the screen, partially covering the experience data in the middle of the bar. Again, this is more a cosmetic thing. Let me know if you also have these screen quirks and suggestions, if any, to fix them. I realize they might just be limitations of hardware/software interactions at this time and may require “development” to fix. Thanks.

BTW, question: Can you play Eternium on a MacBook Air, or is it only playable on iPad/iPhone as far as Macs go? Thanks again.
    Last edited by Tolimar; 05-25-2022, 08:37 AM.

The covering of the foe’s status bar and portrait on narrow screens is AFAIK as old as the game. I have reported it long ago, also proposed design mock-ups but it fell on deaf ears.
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Comment

• Tolimar
      Tolimar commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried an experiment. I downloaded Eternium to my iPhone and fired it up. Unbelievable! Foe status bar fully visible. So it’s a screen aspect ratio thing. I’d rather lose the status bar to some degree than play Eternium on that itty bitty iPhone screen. I was drooling for a Nintendo Switch until I figured out that its screen is basically the same size as my iPhone. That desire evaporated faster than a drop of water in the desert at high noon. Thanks for giving me the answer, LodWig.

You can remove the mini map from settings …. Which gives you access, or at least a view … Click image for larger version  Name:	4C54A599-3E30-461E-A311-23D279656DB3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	212238
    but then you have no map, which for me is essential to the speed trial

Attached Files

Comment

• Tolimar
      Tolimar commented
      Editing a comment
      My Video Settings options are different and don’t give me an Immersive Mode On/Off toggle. Must be a platform and/or screen size constraint. Tech Support told me something like “it is a known issue that is being looked at, addressed, developed, prayed over, etc. etc. etc…” . In any event, thanks for the response and suggestion. See screenshot below, I tried to insert it with this comment but it ended up as a separate post, I guess.
      Last edited by Tolimar; 05-25-2022, 10:26 PM.

Tolimar reply to you inquiry of "BTW, question: Can you play Eternium on a MacBook Air, or is it only playable on iPad/iPhone as far as Macs go?"

Cannot play on MacOS devices - MacBookAir, Pro etc, only on Mobile devices - iPad, iPhone via Eternium App
    For desktop/laptop playing, it has to be Window OS devices only (or for now?)
    I did find out the hard way, since I have Mac ecosystem, no Windows OS base devices, had to go buy one to get on Steam, lol

Comment

• Tolimar
      Tolimar commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, I tried to download the game to my MacBook Air and it downloaded and installed no problems. It even seemed to play alright, but I just wanted to see if the status bar problem would go away. It didn’t. The App Store listed Eternium as “compatible but not certified” for MacOS. I would rather play on the touchscreen iPad anyway. Thanks for answering.

• Poppy
      Poppy commented
      Editing a comment
      I mainly play on iPad, hardly ever play on Steam. Still trying to learn how to navigate Window OS way of things and how to play via keyboard. lol
      Also I do not want to lose what I have progressed on iPad if there is a glitches when I switch to PC/Steam

• Tolimar
      Tolimar commented
      Editing a comment
      Glitches with Windows, the most stable, bug-free, easy to install and upgrade software the world has ever seen?! What are you saying!? ? LOL! I do get the feeling, however, that there are advantages to the PC platform, based on numerous posts I have seen in the forums. Better performance inherent with faster processors and hardware, greater game control with cursor, mouse, and keyboard, as opposed to touchscreen, lack of graphics problems like the status bar issue that appears to be related to screen size. Also, I am not a very skilled player, and often find that what I intend to happen with my taps and sign drawing comes down to wishful thinking at best. But I do like iPad and the touchscreen, the game is tremendous fun and plays well on it, despite my fat-fingered-fumbling at it. My only real issue is lack of new content. I have played steadily for over a year and have done the same things over and over and over to the point of insanity! But it is what it is. We can only push to keep having fun.

Here’s that screenshot, I hope, trying for the third time… Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
    X