Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning! Do not ever put one piece of gear or jewelry on top of another!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• martosss
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristoff View Post
    You might not recall, but I recently lost a bracer of mastery. As in, it suddenly disappeared from my character's inventory. Today, I was able to replicate the bug or glitch when I placed an integralas mantle on top of a talisman of storms.

I got a split-second message that went something like, "Marmalade error: placing item on another" or a similar statement, and the mantle just vanished. Anyway, it's actually pretty easy to make this mistake when removing or trying on new gear, so please be careful.
    After some more "research", I might've reached an insight into why that happened.

1) you crafted a new Pythia item - the Integralas mantle.

At this point you need internet connection and the game syncs ONLY your resources, so it knows you used resources for something, but it doesn't know what. You need to sync the game to save your item.

2) then the game crashed, for whatever reason
    3) you restart the game.

At this point ithe game reverts to an earlier state(last time you did a full sync), but it also partially synced your resources, so the resources you used for the mantle are missing.

Practically the game deletes both the mantle and the resources you used to craft it.

I'd call this a sync bug :
    - the game should either make a full sync - take resources and give you the item,
    - or revert back completely and not delete your resources because of its own crash.

Leave a comment:

• davidz
    replied
    Thanks for sharing. It will be great if that can combine the two.

Leave a comment:

• martosss
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristoff View Post
    You might not recall, but I recently lost a bracer of mastery. As in, it suddenly disappeared from my character's inventory. Today, I was able to replicate the bug or glitch when I placed an integralas mantle on top of a talisman of storms.

I got a split-second message that went something like, "Marmalade error: placing item on another" or a similar statement, and the mantle just vanished. Anyway, it's actually pretty easy to make this mistake when removing or trying on new gear, so please be careful.
    Where were piece A and piece B located?
    - A was equipped, B was not equipped? - The game doesn't allow me to do that for incompatible items? For same types of items they should swap positions?
    - B was equipped, A was unequipped? - The game doesn't allow me to do that for incompatible items? For same types of items they should swap positions?
    - A was equipped, B was equipped? - The game doesn't allow me to do that for incompatible items? For same types of items they should swap positions?
    - A was unequipped, B was unequipped? - A and B always switch places, unless you can "apply" item A on item B in case of gemstones/enchantments?

So ... maybe you dragged the item outside of the inventory(top right or bottom right corner) and you dropped it? And then you exited the game and the item got lost because it wasn't picked back up again? But you wouldn't get any type of error in this case.

I don't have another explanation.

Leave a comment:

• Medamanaman
    replied
    Hi,

can you give specifics of your installation?

I tried on my mobile (Android 8.1, current app version, ELR Mage) a number of things:
    -dropped various items within the 7x8 grid on one another,
    -dropped a newly crafted Green item on a second Equipped Green item,
    -dropped an equipped item onto one on the grid,
    -dropped the same type/different types onto one another,

No "success"; maybe it's platform specific?

Leave a comment:

• chessmaster58
    replied
    Thank you very much for this Probably even easier to do on Mobile

Leave a comment:

• Kristoff
    commented on 's reply
    You're welcome!

Profit from my misfortune...

• Ozymandius
    replied
    Ouch, thanks for sharing...

Leave a comment:

• Warning! Do not ever put one piece of gear or jewelry on top of another!

Last edited by Kristoff; 06-20-2022, 10:10 PM.
Working...
X