door glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

door glitch?

In the grand scheme of things, this is not a game breaker of a bug, but more a glitch I thought you might not be aware of but should be. As you can see, that door is closed, and will remain so until an enemy deeper in the dungeon is killed, at which point the door opens, allowing access to the chest. I have opened the chest by simply clicking on the ground in front of the chest (from outside the enclosure), which took me around the door and through the wall. As far as I can tell, the other enclosure (further into the instance) functions properly.
    Bug Reporting Template

Game version: __ (Tap "Menu" until the main screen loads and read the version number below the ETERNIUM title)
    I do not have a menu button. I am guessing that is a mobile thing. I play on my pc, through Steam. I have, I assume, the latest version.

Windows/IOS/Android + version: __ X: Apple iPhone7) : __ Gaming laptop. 32 gigs RAM, 1660Ti Nvidia graphics
    Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): __ Dragon's Crag
    Player Type (EX: Mage): __ This is a warrior, it seems to malfunction the same on all 3 classes

Player Gear: __ (Include if the bug is encountered in game) Razer Tarterus Pro
    Abilities: __ (Include powers, passives and utilities if the bug is encountered in game) N/A
    Reproducible: __/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always) 5/5

Current situation (bug):
    Game allows premature looting of a treasure chest
    Click image for larger version

Name:	door glitch.png
Views:	986
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	213550

Expected situation (working):
    Game should not allow chest to be looted until a certain enemy is slain.

Steps reproduce the bug:
    1. click in front of the chest without killing the correct enemy.

Screenshots or Video of the bug: (add as many screenshots as you need)

Yes, many of us are aware of these "holes" in the game design that have been around a long time. It is hard to say if they are intentional or a glitch (bug), but since the door is there for a reason, I suspect the latter. The Devs will not fix this instance (perhaps in Eternium 2).

And if you ever play the Warrior with Leap ability, you'll find you can simply jump over this and any other door guarding a chest. So there are legitimate circumstances where you do NOT have to slay a foe further upstream to secure a chest behind a locked door.

Also note there are other areas where your toon can simply pass through a wall, as in III.39 The City of Malador, as yet another example and variation of this kind of glitch.

I would say if you encounter (or try to find) any of these seemingly unintended effects, simply play through them and note where they occur so you can take advantage of them in your normal gameplay. No harm, no foul!
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Japanese proverb

Comment

Is there a list of all the "known but not cared about" bugs and glitches, so I know which ones not to report? Or should I just assume that any glitch or bug is well known and not bother?

Comment

• WarriorSeven
        WarriorSeven commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately, there is no such compiled list of bugs (what an interesting idea, sarcasm intended). There is a chance you can use the Search feature to find one, if you're lucky. Otherwise, these small potato bugs are simply known to us through experience, but there is certainly no harm in your reporting them here.

These "smaller" glitches are not as much of a bother to us during normal gameplay. But if you do encounter a bug that HINDERS gameplay, do feel free to report it. Examples of these are found in this thread as well as the Archives.

Well, I have to say that, being an engineer, if I made something and it did not work as it should, but that fact somehow slipped past me, I would not only appreciate someone pointing out the error to me, but being a perfectionist, I would do my utmost to correct even such a "small" imperfection. But then, I am an engineer, not a programmer. I will, in future, assume that y'all already know and do not care. Thanks for your input.
      Last edited by Oakminde; 07-20-2022, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Oakminde with the glitch you show you can simply run around the door on its right side to access the chest. Been using that shortcut for a couple of years. Saves the small amount of time running forward to kill enemy, then running back for treasure. Plus, how do we know they didn't plan that shortcut so that non-warriors weren't purposely disadvantaged over warriors?

Comment

RockDoc you know, you are probably exactly right! I bet money (not real money, mind you) that the programmers spent hours adding that door and the mechanic to open it, then purposely left it open so it was a useless mechanic. then made sure all the OTHERS like it in the game worked properly.

Comment

Bill Gates once famously said (when asked why a new version of some Micro$oft product still contained a large number of well known bugs from the previous version) something like "The users care more about new features than about old bugs".

Who knows - maybe the devs were those users that Billy-Boy was talking about.

They certainly don't give a s**t about old bugs, not even those it would take (I think) mere minutes to fix, such as "Breaking their Resist_e_nce", which someone reported years ago.

If so, the new features that we can expect any day now will be AWESOME!

Comment

Working...
            X