Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): __ Morgenheim
    Player Type (EX: Mage): __ Mage

Player Gear: __ ELR/GMC
    Abilities: __ DfA, Glass Cannon
    Reproducible: __5/5

Current situation (bug):
    The counter goes up by one as soon as the "Chest opens..." text appears

Expected situation (working):

Irrelevant - you gain a minimal amount of time by just having your toon run past the chests and lose a minimal amount of loot; just reporting this because it IS a bug (at least in the sense that you can complete the Quest successfully without reclaiming the slightest bit of wealth - just now I actually tried it, slide guiding my Mage past five chests without fighting, until I was told to "Return to Ingrid", only then slaying the big clump of minions that had accumulated around my Mage).

Yes,you can complete the level, but did you get the coins for completing the task?

Comment

• Medamanaman
      Medamanaman commented
      Editing a comment
      I think so; I always "cash in" all five daily quests in one go, from Liana to Ingrid, as fast as possible, so I don't really check what happens with the individual quests, but as Ingrid is always last on my list, I THINK I would have noticed if something had been missing.
      I suppose I'll just have to try this run-by again the next time I get this quest.

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, you will get the gold for completing any quests. The trigger for getting the rewards from a quest whether that be experience, gold, gems or other items is the process of completing and claiming that quest.

You will not, however, get any gold or other goods from unopened chests.

That is indeed the question. Since this quest requires that you 'retrieve' 5 chests, do you get the quest rewards for what is basically a speed run? And since this wasn't on my quest list today, I wonder.

Comment

• Tin Man
      Tin Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I did have a Reclaiming Their Wealth daily quest that has been sitting there for some time and available to run on demand. So, I ran the daily quest.

Like I said previously, you get the gold, gems and experience for completing the daily quest as usual for a daily quest even though you never actually opened the chest.

Before:
      Gems -- 35 892
      Gold -- 20 574 989

After:
      Gems -- 35 912
      Gold -- 20 584 989

After claiming the cleared daily quest? I even went back into SL 4-47 through the portal and opened all the chests after the fact and claimed all the contents from inside the chest.

Anything else that you wish me to do in order to verify whether or not you get the experience, gold and gems?

Tin Man to the rescue - as usual; thanks!

Comment

Cool. Another great speed up for my rinse & repeat. Lol

Comment

On the Other Hand.... I just ran it, and once I killed the boss exited. And that little message down at the bottom said I only had two of five chests. Apparently when I jumped him I got them when I jumped. So maybe it only works if you don't claim any???? Oh well, more mats!

Comment

• Tin Man
          Tin Man commented
          Editing a comment
          It works if you open some chests or if you open none.

You do have to at least run next to the chest for the chest to count towards the count. What Medamanaman found is that when you run by the chest while in combat, remember that you can not open the chests while in combat, that the chest will count toward the quest.

Do not run by the chest? Will not count.

Sounds like you went straight to the boss without detouring to any of the chest.

Did you run by the chests or just ignore them?

With Gold ANB to start today, I've been doing speed runs the last couple of days. Just hit anyone directly in my way if I had to. Ran straight to the boss and hit leap, landed between him and those two "final" chests. They popped open before I even hit him a second second time.

Comment

Working...
        X