Stuck in a tree on a snow trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck in a tree on a snow trial

Perhaps this has been a reported issue before but I couldn't find a thread, maybe my searching skills aren't that good.

All that happens is that when I spawn in a (afaik) daylight snow level, very rarely I get stuck in a tree. This first happened in the 19th bronze AnB when I was playing about with BH and I was farming tl 105 and my character couldn't move. It were as if they were boxed in and tapping in any direction just made then run in the spot facing to where I tapped.

Thought that I could unstuck myself from this If I had leap and just now this happened when I was running tl 105 on my warrior. Leap I do and the result is no different. I can still kill enemies with SoS but even if I leap out of the tree then I still cannot move as if I were boxed in etc. I wonder what causes this. It'll be quite the task to record footage of this.

That lovely snafu has been around for quite some time and has been complained about more than once.

Even more lovely when you spawn into a mob that immediately starts attacking and there is nothing that you can do about it except take the 30s penalty during ANB because you can not even attack the mobs.

Typically you can immediately cast a portal to exit and go back restart the trial all over again. You just need to cast the portal on the hero.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well that's good to know I have a way out.

My toon got stuck in a cactus patch once. Ouch!

Comment

Twice now I've spawned in a fiery crater with no escape when grinding CoW. That sucks for ANB with the 30 second penalty.

EDIT: Bad news is it just happened again; the good news is I discovered that although there's no visible exit, you can simply run south out of the crater onto the path. So I guess if it looks like your stuck, it pays to take a few seconds trying to move in every direction even if it doesn't look promising.
      Last edited by Ender1970; 11-21-2022, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Tin Man
        Tin Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Act II is notorious for things like that. Casting a portal and exiting through the portal allows you to leave the story level without penalty also.

Good to know how you escaped the crater which happens all the time.

• Ender1970
        Ender1970 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Tin Man. The portal trick will be something I rely on. I keep ending up in that crater now and almost always waste what feels like an eternity getting hung up on invisible snags making it very difficult to exit the crater. Ditto with other odd corners the game throws me into when I've played a chapter too much. I suppose it's an anti-grinding feature (though I don't really understand why grinding needs to be punished).
    Working...
    X