Steam hotkeys get scrambled after swtiching to mobile and back to steam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam hotkeys get scrambled after swtiching to mobile and back to steam

Windows/IOS/Android + version: Windows PC Steam v1.5.95 + mobile version - you need 2 devices
    Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): anywhere
    Player Type (EX: Mage): Mage(any should work)

Reproducible: 5/5​

1) open the windows steam version of the game and set your hotkeys. For example, set potion usage to be F2 and apple usage to be F1(I like apples better than potions). Also set inventory button to be " ` " instead of " I " (the keyboard key left of " 1 " for fast access). Also, set the options hotkey to be Z instead of F10(for fast access with the left hand).

2) Play, then hit escape and go to main menu so that the game gets synced with the server. Then close the game.
    [ 2.5) At this point, opening the game further on PC behaves as expected - hotkeys stay the way you set them up in (1).]

3) Open the game on mobile and play, then exit normally so that the game gets saved and synced to server.(You need to sync in this step, otherwise the bug might not occur)

4) Open the game on PC again. The game syncs with the changes made in the mobile version. However, at this point the hotkeys that you previously set in (1) are forgotten and/or scrambled.

Here's an example, here are my hotkeys after I changed them at step (1).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	216464

And here are my hotkeys after starting the game on mobile, syncing with server, exiting on mobile, and then starting the game on PC again:
    As you can see, on the 2nd picture there are 2 extra rows in the beginning of the menu, the inventory and settings hotkeys are reverted back to default (i and F10 instead of ` and Z), and also "use health potion" is unset in the middle of the menu(although it's actually set in the top, so it works in game).

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	202.4 KB ID:	216465​​

Expected behavior:
    1) hotkeys on windows Steam should get saved locally and stay the same even if I open the game on another device.
    2) There shouldn't be any weird extra rows being added here, namely the first 2 rows in the 2nd picture.
    Last edited by martosss; 02-21-2023, 08:51 PM.
Working...
X