The Old Switcheroo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Old Switcheroo

Ok, so I’m in the process of switching over my trials build to the Juggernaut set. I need a few more 77’s including a BoM with shockwave. To make do I’ve rolled just any shockwave that comes along and used that to make my final push. Easy enough. The problem is that when I go into a trial my low level BoM shockwave suddenly turns into a low level BoM shield slam. Permanently. This has happened to me twice! The first time was about 10 days ago just before the latest event and I thought, did I make a mistake? The second time was about a hour ago and I was very - eyes - wide - open - but the same thing happened. I mean come on!! I can’t throw away mats and hope that the next one sticks. And what happens if I bring a final gear BoM shockwave over from the next event? Is it gonna switcheroo too?

Anyways. Here are the particulars:

— ipad9
    — iPadOS 16.3.1
    — Eternium ver 1.5.95
    — I am not drug addled
    — I am currently not drinking
    — nor am I delusional (last time you checked) (who said that?) (not me) (SHUT UP!!!)

Seriously though, wtf!

Any chance you have steps to reliably reproduce the issue, so I can walk an engineer (who may not play the game) through it?

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
      Travis | Support Mgr. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for trying to figure it out. Feel free to get rid of the extra BoMs. Without reliable steps to reproduce the issue, all I can do is file a ticket and see if QA can get it to happen.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I have an idea about what is happening and why it's rare to see. I'll attempt to recreate the issue later (3:43am and I need sleep). If it is what I think, I'll email the steps to Travis because I think it's related to some anti-exploit stuff which can result in a mis-match in an item between the client and server and ultimately the server item will replace what you see on the client side - hence different bonuses, item levels and stat values. If it is that, then maybe one of the future updates for Eternium could be a proper re-work of the crafting process, since multiple "sticking plaster" patches have been applied in the past making it much harder to accidentally find / deliberately execute without properly addressing the core underlying process flaws. Anyhoo, sleep now and rabbit hole later

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      All I've been able to do is confirm the crafting exploit is still there, but I knew that already! I may have been mis-remembering an old bug where items going mail due to a full inventory would then come back with worse stats - I do wonder if there is still an underlying code problem that caused that problem, and the easier fix was to just not allow crafting once the Inventory was full...
Working...
X