The Old Switcheroo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest commented on 's reply
    All I've been able to do is confirm the crafting exploit is still there, but I knew that already! I may have been mis-remembering an old bug where items going mail due to a full inventory would then come back with worse stats - I do wonder if there is still an underlying code problem that caused that problem, and the easier fix was to just not allow crafting once the Inventory was full...

Guest commented on 's reply
    I have an idea about what is happening and why it's rare to see. I'll attempt to recreate the issue later (3:43am and I need sleep). If it is what I think, I'll email the steps to Travis because I think it's related to some anti-exploit stuff which can result in a mis-match in an item between the client and server and ultimately the server item will replace what you see on the client side - hence different bonuses, item levels and stat values. If it is that, then maybe one of the future updates for Eternium could be a proper re-work of the crafting process, since multiple "sticking plaster" patches have been applied in the past making it much harder to accidentally find / deliberately execute without properly addressing the core underlying process flaws. Anyhoo, sleep now and rabbit hole later

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for trying to figure it out. Feel free to get rid of the extra BoMs. Without reliable steps to reproduce the issue, all I can do is file a ticket and see if QA can get it to happen.

• DaDeeDum
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, so I just bit the bullet and did the following:

— unloaded eternium from my iPad
    — did a complete shut down
    — waited a few minutes before restarting
    — reinstalled eternium
    — loaded and proceeded to roll BoM’s.
    Rolled 11 times before I got a shockwave 91
    It was a level 76
    — did a complete shut down
    — waited a few minutes before restarting
    — opened eternium and tried for trial 158
    No switcheroo happened and tried 158
    A second time defeating the trial

If you want/can check my character inventory (Dredd), there are 20 or so BoM’s. The first one is the shield slam that was a shockwave from 10 days ago and the last one is a shield slam that was a shockwave three hours ago. Maybe you can do the matrix thing and see the code and determine what happened. I’ll keep the inventory overnight and make a push tomorrow.

Nothing can ever be easy, can it? Sometimes I feel like I’m Charlie Brown. (Damn you Lucy!)

Thanks for the look-in and I’m sorry if I’ve wasted your time.

• Tin Man
    commented on 's reply
    I once crafted a 76 item and it was completely unexpected because I already had two and was the third in my first 64 crafts. I even commented about it on Discord. I happily equipped the piece and went my merry way.

A bit later? I was crafting more pieces but my sequence was off. I went looking for the issue with my sequence and crafting history did not show the third 76. I looked back at the item that I had equipped? Was no longer a 76.

I know that I was not imaging things. The item showed 76 when I crafted it. Was not actually a 76 though. No way that I can reproduce it and happened only once about 4 months ago.

I am curious is DaDeeDum was using Antikythera at the time and, if so, what did Antikythera predict that suddenly changed BoM would be.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    commented on 's reply
    I must be missing something. Here's what I just did:
    1. Craft a Shockwave BoM with CR, CD, physical, and fire.
    2. Start a Trial.
    3. Checked the BoM...and no change.

Am I missing anything?

Has anyone else around here seen this happen?

• DaDeeDum
    commented on 's reply
    All I did was roll a BoM until I got the shockwave buff. It was like an 89 or something at lvl 72. I had both crits on it and I did that little trick nearly everyone does where you get the fire and physical bonuses (My current fury/warlord build BoM has just the physical buff). I slotted it, went for a trial lvl 158 and I was getting nowhere. Looked at the BoM and it was showing shield slam buff. Same thing happened around 10 days ago except I was trying for lvl 157.

I even tried using a rolled shield slam and a whirlwind BoM that I rolled trying for the shockwave, thinking it might switch to a shockwave in the trial but no such luck.

I’m tempted to do a reinstall with a complete shutdown and try to reroll a shockwave BoM but I’m a bit of a hoarder and hate to waste mats even though I’ve got a tonne. I know I’ve done a full shutdown this past week though.

I was really hoping to crack top 25 before trial ends tomorrow but I hope my lvl 156 is good enough to keep me in the top 50.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    replied
    Any chance you have steps to reliably reproduce the issue, so I can walk an engineer (who may not play the game) through it?

Leave a comment:

• DaDeeDum
    started a topic The Old Switcheroo

The Old Switcheroo

Ok, so I’m in the process of switching over my trials build to the Juggernaut set. I need a few more 77’s including a BoM with shockwave. To make do I’ve rolled just any shockwave that comes along and used that to make my final push. Easy enough. The problem is that when I go into a trial my low level BoM shockwave suddenly turns into a low level BoM shield slam. Permanently. This has happened to me twice! The first time was about 10 days ago just before the latest event and I thought, did I make a mistake? The second time was about a hour ago and I was very - eyes - wide - open - but the same thing happened. I mean come on!! I can’t throw away mats and hope that the next one sticks. And what happens if I bring a final gear BoM shockwave over from the next event? Is it gonna switcheroo too?

Anyways. Here are the particulars:

— ipad9
    — iPadOS 16.3.1
    — Eternium ver 1.5.95
    — I am not drug addled
    — I am currently not drinking
    — nor am I delusional (last time you checked) (who said that?) (not me) (SHUT UP!!!)

Seriously though, wtf!
Working...
X