Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC - Very slow looting of items?

Hi

I've been playing the game on my phone (galaxy s7) for a week and just now installed the game on my windows 10 computer. My problem arises on the PC version where loot gravitates to my character very slowly, so slow i can almost out run it without any speed equips. At the end of a level or trial when the boss is dead it can takes minutes for the loot to get to me. This only happens on PC. I've tried all the relavant solutions from the basic troubleshooting thread but nothing worked.

Is this an easy fix/known problem?

Been that way for awhile now. I never tried to tweak out video settings to see if it had to do with the higher resolution or something like that.
    POPO ROBA NODE 1088

Sarcasm is my weapon of choice. It's like aiming a nuke. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Try exotic stuff, sometimes it works. I got glitchy textures that keep blinking, so i can't see enemy aoes, but if i tae off necronomicon (even if it doesn't proc textures keep blinking) and put another tome everything works fine.
      BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

Comment

I figured out what the problem was. It turns out that the game doesn't fully support 144hz monitors. Turning the display to 60hz fixed it. There was another huge difference in how the game plays on 144hz vs 60hz. latency between clicking and the action being performed in game was noticeably slower/unresponsive at 60hz. Often when doing heavy micro on 60hz the button presses and mouse clicks won't even register. There appears to be alot of additional input lag on 60hz as opposed to 144hz and its not the monitor because it feels like several hundreds of milliseconds, and the difference between 144hz and 60hz is about 10ms per frame. The high input lag on 60hz might be intentional and that "feature" gets broken on 144hz along with looting speed.

Comment

There are a lot of weird things about speed and frequencies in this game. I don't know it it's been patched since, but someone had found out that the broken dragon does as many hits/second with his breath as your processor can manage. So he said starting a video compression helped him take less damace.
          BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

Comment

I actually think i've had that bug with broken dragon, it would sometimes instagib me with its breath, although it stopped happening a few days ago. While we wait on proper 144hz support i've discovered that i can just drag my game window over on my secondary 60hz monitor after the boss dies and loot comes flying real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Myself
              Try exotic stuff, sometimes it works.
              Originally posted by sjo
              i've discovered that i can just drag my game window over on my secondary 60hz monitor after the boss dies and loot comes flying real fast.
              I may have lacked precision in my prediction but you can't deny i had a solid point
              BUZE TALO PEBA 0409

Comment

Looting very slowly on anything above 60hz screen refresh rate.

I'm making this thread to make sure the admins have seen and recognize (https://forum.makingfun.com/showthre...oting-of-items) as a bug that could need fixing. As stated in the previous thread, the game does not function properly at any screen refresh rate higher than 60hz. Loot travels VERY slowly on higher refresh rates. I can make a short video demonstrating it if you need it. Thanks!

Comment

...threads merged. I read every single post, so if you post it, I see it (and report it as needed).

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
                    ...threads merged. I read every single post, so if you post it, I see it (and report it as needed).
                    Thanks!

Comment

Wow, I can't believe monitor refresh rate affects how fast you auto-loot after completing a level.
                      This has fully broken my mind that I can drag the game from one monitor to the other and suddenly the loot comes flying at me...

Any news on fixing it?

Comment

After a bit of testing I've concluded this is an FPS related issue.

Essentially, when playing the game on a high refresh rate monitor the Win10 game-client will uncap your frame-rate entirely. I noticed that when I dragged my game client between my 60hz monitors, it capped my frames at 60fps, then I dragged it back to my 144hz monitors and the fps became uncapped and leaped up to 5000 odd.

So to get around this issue; all you do is enable the in game setting called 'Framerate Limit" which should then sit your fps around 65-68. Problem solved, loot will then fly at you once again

Comment

Originally posted by scrax View Post
                          After a bit of testing I've concluded this is an FPS related issue.

Essentially, when playing the game on a high refresh rate monitor the Win10 game-client will uncap your frame-rate entirely. I noticed that when I dragged my game client between my 60hz monitors, it capped my frames at 60fps, then I dragged it back to my 144hz monitors and the fps became uncapped and leaped up to 5000 odd.

So to get around this issue; all you do is enable the in game setting called 'Framerate Limit" which should then sit your fps around 65-68. Problem solved, loot will then fly at you once again
                          I have a 144 hz monitor and have never seen the framerate go above 60 with the framerate limit off.
                          ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
                          ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
                          Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post

I have a 144 hz monitor and have never seen the framerate go above 60 with the framerate limit off.
                            Sorry for the slow reply.

Yeah man, mine sits around 400-500 in-game and around 5000 in menus uncapped. As soon as I capped my frames, the loot issue went away completely.
                            If I shift the game client to a monitor running a lower refresh rate, my fps doesn't ever go above 60 - but if I cap my frames on the 144hz, my frames sit around 67-68.

See pic of uncapped frames.

Comment

you can turn on the option "Framerate Limit: ON" and it works fine again tested it on my 144hz monitor.

Comment

Working...
                              X