Trial enemies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial enemies

A few times now my trials plain don't spawn enough enemies to trigger the boss.

That's a known issue. It should get fixed by removing the data (just make sure you've got your account in mind) because on older devices it will get removed.

As far as I know, it's not easy to fix this for the team, because it's been regular issue since Trials of Valor expansion came out... let's guess it has got something to do with the generator that won't add certain parts of a trial, or shortness some. Easy fix should be to increase monster's density, idk what's the reason DP is not doing it.
    I will hunt you Ragadam, across the worlds!
    Join the wiki here: http://mage-minions.wikia.com/wiki/Page_Index

Comment

The most I got so far is 3 unfinished trials in a row bcos boss didn't spawn. 3 times in a row is just... damn...
      YICO LEXU MEFI 4872 (July 20th 2017)
      Playing on Android 7

Comment

Yeah, especially when trials take so long to load comparatively =| I wish something could be done about that

Comment

It's happening about 7-10% of the time for me when clearing trial Maps. I've had some intuitions that it has something to do with not getting credit for (on the lvl progress bar) some of the Mobs when you kill them, rather than there being some kind of error in the Map Generation of Mobs vs Progress per mob (in other words not spawning enough mobs to reach full progress.... to me it's doubtful this is the error)

I was thinking this may be occurring in one of the following scenarios:

1) You are killing 2 (or more) Mobs at the EXACT same time (within milliseconds). This could happen with an AoE type attack or a simultaneous hit, and some type of Edge Case in the code where you aren't getting "progress" credit for one or more of the Mobs death.

2) You kill a Mob at the same time it kills you. This happens fairly often for me, where I have bullets in the air (BH) at the same time an arrow is in path to kill me. I will die slightly before the Mob dies and maybe I'm not getting "progress credit" for the Mobs death while my resurrection screen is active.

These are just speculation. I'm trying to replicate to provide more info for the Dev team.... maybe they have already been able to reproduce it internally?

BALO QIZU NOQE 7632

Comment

The current dev theory is that it has to do with the random map generation. Unreachable portions of the map contain the mobs you need to summon the boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis (Admin) View Post
              The current dev theory is that it has to do with the random map generation. Unreachable portions of the map contain the mobs you need to summon the boss.
              I really like the random map generation, but not at the cost of wasting a bunch of time - am I correct in assuming the random generation is also what makes trials take much longer to load? That combined with sometimes not even being able to complete them makes me wonder if cycling through 10 different configurations might be a better solution? (i.e. Trial 10 is the same layout as Trial 20, Trial 11 is the same layout as Trial 21 etc.)

Comment

So you're saying I should do what every sane Mage would do and shoot Singularities in random directions off the map?

Originally posted by leminlime View Post

I really like the random map generation, but not at the cost of wasting a bunch of time - am I correct in assuming the random generation is also what makes trials take much longer to load? That combined with sometimes not even being able to complete them makes me wonder if cycling through 10 different configurations might be a better solution? (i.e. Trial 10 is the same layout as Trial 20, Trial 11 is the same layout as Trial 21 etc.)
                The long wait times aren't necessarily bad. Keeping me a bit from instasurrendering caverns or other maps I'd know from the start are more difficult for me.
                Furthermore it'd be pretty predictable and boring to have only ~10 maps(for example 2 for caverns, 2 for forest,...). And even more maps would consume way more memory...
                MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

maybe lowering the mobs count needed to summon the boss would be an easy fix? it happens to me very often... sometimes it only needed maybe 1 or 2 mobs to summon the boss...
                  JUBO FIQE NUYU 8857

Comment

Originally posted by leminlime View Post
                    ...am I correct in assuming the random generation is also what makes trials take much longer to load?
                    Yes.

There are a few quick and easy fixes for this problem, but fixing it is a matter of priorities.

Comment

Yes.

There are a few quick and easy fixes for this problem, but fixing it is a matter of priorities.
                      Fair enough. Its been a breath of fresh air how involved you guys are with your playerbase, especially for such a small team. Keep up the good work guys.

Comment

HI, Travis. In my account, the map for all trials has been exactly the same for some time now. I don't know if it's a bug, but for the last month or so every trial I've done (it's been dozens) has used the exact same jungle map, with the same number of mobs placed in the exact same spots of the map every run. This has been the case even in different platforms and with different characters. And still, many times there are not enough enemies to summon the boss, which seems to hint that the random map generation is not the issue here.

What I've noticed to change is the number (and type) of enemies per mob. Sometimes a group of enemies contains 10 skeleton archers, and in the next run there is also a mob at the exact same point in the map (like always), but this time it contains only a couple of summoners.

I understand you have to prioritize, but if the fix is easy, would you consider making it a higher priority? I think it's annoying enough to demand a quick solution.

As always, thanks for taking the time to listen.
                        JOXU BIBO DAPO 7014

Comment

Originally posted by Nadlor View Post

HI, Travis. In my account, the map for all trials has been exactly the same for some time now. I don't know if it's a bug, but for the last month or so every trial I've done (it's been dozens) has used the exact same jungle map, with the same number of mobs placed in the exact same spots of the map every run.
                          This discussion may not help you since you've tried different platforms, but here it is nonetheless:
                          Originally posted by vox View Post
                          Since I updated to 1.2.26, I only get one map for trials, even on different characters, different trial levels. Anyone else having this happen?
                          1st account (5/6/17): CEFO MALU HIDU 5680 Hero names: Vitari (BH), Ezos (Mage), Gallet (Warrior), Tuja (BH), Coka (Mage)

2nd account (8/15/17): WEMU KIYA KEYO 5706 Warrior names: Ares, Bromios, Cerberus, Deimos, Ether

Fear is a superpower. Fear can make you faster, cleverer and stronger. -Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Nadlor View Post
                            HI, Travis. In my account, the map for all trials has been exactly the same for some time now.
                            That's a well known issue with an easy fix: just clear the app cache.

Comment

That's a well known issue with an easy fix: just clear the app cache.
                              Now if only I could replicate it... Jk. No, but seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X