Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Arc Lightning Attack Speed and Damage suppose to stack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Arc Lightning Attack Speed and Damage suppose to stack?

Game version: 1.2.88
    Windows/IOS/Android + version: Android (4.4.4)
    Device Model (EX: Apple iPhone7) : Samsung Galaxy J1 (SM-J100Y)
    Map or Trial (EX: Trial Level 92): Training Ground (but pretty sure it applies everywhere
    Player Type (EX: Mage): Mage
    Player Gear: None
    Abilities: Arc Lightning
    Reproducible: 5/5

Found a number of interesting things while testing Arc Lightning for Haste interaction with %based modifiers?

Click image for larger version  Name:	arc lightning.png Views:	1 Size:	199.2 KB ID:	85973

Arc Lightning appears to be giving 50% Attack Speed bonus

Searching through the forum resulted in the following notes on Arc (Chain) Lightning:

1. Upcoming changes in 1.2.11
    Chain lightning attack speed buff has a maximum stack limit of 10.
    Chain lightning attack speed debuff has a maximum stack limit of 5.
    But there's no "attack speed debuff" - so I'm guessing that it have since been changed to the Damage bonus one, couldn't find any mention of this though...

2. Also, just realised this from 1.2.65 game update notes
    Arc Lightning (rank 10) now deals 180% weapon damage (was 140%).
    But the abitlity's description says 185%

I couldn't find anything else that mention Arc/Chain Lightning specifically, so don't know if there are any other intentional changes. Please see the linked thread at the start for more details of the test, didn't want to repost too many things.

So, is this a typo in the description, or a left over bug when the ability was updated?
    Last edited by Nhat; 02-13-2018, 01:21 PM.
    Eternium Files - links and details

Eternium Guides:

Based on the above, something like this may be occuring:
    • Let's assume Attack Speed is exactly 6.667. Therefore 10 attacks are completed in 1.5 seconds.
      ~
    • In the first 0.75 seconds, which are the first 5 attacks (attacks #1 to #5), each attack adds +5% Attack Speed and +5% damage received by enemies, and then the damage received at that point is at max (+25%), while the AS boost is also at +25% but has room to stack more.
      ~
    • Then during the next 0.75 seconds, the second set of 5 attacks (attacks #6 to #10) each attack adds only +5% AS until it also is at max = +50%.
      ~
    • In other words, during the time period 0 to 1.5 seconds, the overall boost is ramping up and after all 10 attacks reaches
      +87.5% max =100% * [1.50*1.25 - 1]
      ~
    • Then if one were to switch attacks at that exact moment (in other words, time = 1.51 seconds, with 10 attacks for arc lightning completed) - - like let's say, switch to Arcane Bolts - - the +87.5% "fully boosted at max" will run for the time period from 1.51 seconds to 5.0 seconds = 3.5 seconds in duration
      ~
    • Then at 5.0 seconds, assuming one is still attacking with something other than Arc Lightning, the boost would start ramping back down over the next 1.5 seconds, the reverse of above, because each individual +5% boost lasts only 5 seconds.
      ~
    • Or, at t=5.01, one might switch back to Arc Lightning for 1.5 seconds, and repeat the process.

Red (Developer) or Adrian (Developer) ...i​​​​​​s this correct :
    Arc Lightning causes (up to) 87.5% more damage from Attacks
    (note, only 25% more from Utilities)

... if used "exactly properly" according to the above ?

To me this is a huge question, thus apologies for the rare "Dev-Tag", to hopefully please request a better understanding.
    Last edited by Coda; 03-24-2018, 04:21 PM.
    VUFO ZEBE ZAQI 1381
    ~ Gethi, mage, TL109 mobile & TL121 PC
    ~ Kisheli, XP mage, TL112
    ~ ANB-beta, TL100 (#1); ANB-1, TL116 (top 10); ANB-2, TL110 (top 10)

Comment

From brief testing a while back in the training room the buff/debuff are single stacks, not individual item. I.e. only a single arc hit/use is required to keep them refreshed but if the timer expires then the whole stack drops and you effectively start from scratch.

To me this seems more 'standard' behaviour for such things in rpgs?

Comment

Working...
      X