• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heap 0 out of Memory at first start + Friend list

Game version: 1.2.75 / 1.2.88
    Android version: 6.0.1
    Device Model: Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 / YT3-X50F
    Reproducible: 5/5, Almost always. In fact this morning was the first time i had no crash since several weeks, playing every day.

Current situation (bug):
    Always at first start i get a.m. error message after some seconds up to a few minutes.
    No matter where i am in game or what i am doing.
    First start
    = fresh start of device after several hours off
    = closed Eternium for several hours, device on
    After closing app (NO force close, NO clearing cache!), restart app, i can play without problems, even several hours.
    Eternium will also crash as soon i try (online!) open friend list/ tab, after some minutes loading.
    Not sure, when problems started, but i think it was not with update to version .75, just a little bit later (mini-update in game?), somewhen around beginning of january.

Edit: in ver 1.2.88 i also had one or two crashs after playing a while - refer to pic no. 4 and the values for bytes differ way from the other error messages.

Tried so far:
    Same behaviour with fresh booted device, doesn't matter if other apps running.
    Start offline, without WiFi > Eternium runs, until i switch WiFi on > crash, after restart works.
    Force-close Eternium, clear cache (even after first boot) > crash.
    Turn off multicore at Eternium - no change > crash at first start.

I found no way to provoke crash (except friend list), after first crash and successful restart of app.
    Not after restart of device, no matter if i force close, clear cache, whatever.
    I need to close Eternium some hours to get another error at first start again.
    Also experimented with Logout in Eternium - no change.

I would try reinstalling Eternium, but would like some feedback from staff before. Maybe i should also try something else?
    Although i am not sure, if new install will help, as it seems it has to do with friend list?!

Expected situation (working):
    Start Eternium => play

Steps reproduce the bug:
    Start Eternium first time of the day / after some hours...
    Try to open friend list.

Screenshots:
    Last edited by Mohawk; 02-13-2018, 07:31 PM.
    Champion Lvl 1800+
    Mohawk - Warrior
    Muhawk - Bounty Hunter
    Merlina - Mage

(only Android on tablet, for friend code - please ask)

I can probably alleviate the crashes a bit by clearing out your friends list. Want me to do that?

Comment

Whoah... i am popular with so many friends!
      Already thought in that direction, but couldnt imagine i am the only one with many people ​​​​on the list...

Okay, if it helps or at least is worth trying...
      Maybe you can divide inactives? If not, do what you can.
      I will report tomorrow for results?!
      Champion Lvl 1800+
      Mohawk - Warrior
      Muhawk - Bounty Hunter
      Merlina - Mage

Comment

Ok, I purged your friends list. Please let me know if that reduces the crashes.

Comment

Many thanks Travis!
          It seems to work, started Eternium twice today with roundabout twelve hours off between. App is working, played a little bit, no error.
          And i have a empty friend list now... ^^

Any reasons why it it happened?
          As written, i don't think, i am the only one with many friends in list and so i am curious...
          Low specificatons of my device maybe?
          Champion Lvl 1800+
          Mohawk - Warrior
          Muhawk - Bounty Hunter
          Merlina - Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawk View Post
            Any reasons why it it happened? As written, i don't think, i am the only one with many friends in list and so i am curious...Low specificatons of my device maybe?
            It's a memory leak (which basically means memory used piles up until the app crashes) having to do with your friends list. Clearing the list alleviates the problem (until your list gets too full again).

Comment

Working...
            X