Celestial Gear Reset Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celestial Gear Reset Option

After an update, mail out an item or add a 1-use option on celestial gear that reverts all celestial equipment back into boxes. Gems spent on sockets and reforge are not refunded. This is for situations that change the set bonuses for equipment in existence prior to the patch. There have been only 3 times to get celestial gear, and each window was about a week long, spread out 2-3 months apart: ANB 1, 2, and 3. If the situation was different, and there was a guaranteed way to acquire new celestial gear at anytime playing the game, not dependent on events, then this wouldn't be needed since players could just farm new gear or try reforging current gear.

Playing the ANB events doesn't even guarantee that players will even get the trial level 80 celestial reward. Add in the competitive ranking requirement to acquire more, and you can see how changes to the set pieces, class abilities, adding new set pieces, etc., conflicts with keeping hard-earned gear relevant to players (I remember reading something along those lines but the topic was discussing not raising the level cap past 70 - so that the effort put in to getting rare exclusive equipment wouldn't be wasted).

I remember WoW would incorporate obsolete-ism as part of their whole plan with regards to legendary gear, and it's just a turn-off to even deal with that considering the sh*t people went through to get a piece of legendary gear. I got a warglaive, farmed black temple for a year, then 2 weeks before they released Wrath of the Lich King, I got the 2nd warglaive to complete the set. Then Blizzard was like, "Sucks to be you!"

It's like meeting the most amazing chick who is exceptional in every way possible, and she's like, "Hey, I'm moving in a week, never to return or see you again."
    Yes, the real world is cruel and unjust, impermanence is a b*tch, then after a huge let down like that, we finalize the downward spiral and marry one (I made this all up, btw. Not my life story!"

A big part of the appeal of playing this fantasy game is to get a break from all that crap and gobble up the fun made by Making Fun. Blizzard put the FU in fun. I get the impression that you guys aren't cool with a philosophy that establishes its foundation on being a d*ck.
Working...
X