Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile Player Stat Buffer Proposal

Hi All,

Lots has been written by players better aNd smarter than me about the universally acknowledged handicap mobile players face in comparison with PC players across every character type. The best as I understand it, PC players have two advantages inherent to platform: (1) a higher processing rate (FPS) enabling better real-time enabling of player procs and buffs, and (2) the use of keyboard spamming allowing for more rapid casting of abilities and spells, in a way that does not detract from gameplay focus on player movement (which starts to become an issue for mobile players past TL 105 or 100 or so).

In my own experience, the limitations of mobile play (I am exclusively mobile) are realized chiefly in dying to mobs at high TLs because of a failed ability cast, where the pattern I draw is unrecognized by game etc. I am sure that I experience to some extent the slower frame rate handicap that has been discussed with reference to Mage and singularity as well (even though I play BH).

My proposal is therefore that when playing on a mobile platform (and I am prepared to accept emulators here, given that most PC players say there's a big difference in performance between the windows experience and a droid emulator), the game award a bonus buffer to the player's Vitality, Ability Rate, and overall Alacrity Stats the percentage of which should be designed to enable players, once they reach a specific TL--day TL 85, 90 or whatever--to survive the kind of hits and deaths that are due to a players miscasting or too slowly casting abilities at higher TLs. The mobile player would still be at a disdvantage to the PC player when it comes to actual DPS, of course; the buffer would mainly focus on allowing the mobile player to survive a couple extra seconds, here or there, in the kind of mob situations that currently usually lead to their dying.

Forgive me if this has been proposed before. I am still not good at searching the forums.
    Mobile only player
    Assault BH Tunre TL 111 in 9:44
Working...
X