Resume auto-attack after moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I'd like it back also. Unless it's broken, don't fix it.
    Is there something I'm missing. Has anybody given any negative feedback regarding it. We always had the option to turn it off.
    What baffled me was I didn't see it mentioned in Adrian's OP about 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, seems significant enough to note or a least reply to.
    BTW, what's the point of the Helm setting?

Leave a comment:

• yaddab
    replied
    I am thinking for the Devs to have disabled it, rather than leaving it as a choice, there must be some sort of sploit out there we have not picked up as common knowledge as a community.

Yes I want it back too, but yes at this moment in time I am prepared to trust the Devs on this one.

Just my 2cp

Leave a comment:

• Chosen
    replied
    To be honest, this has to be the only game where your hero won't attack a mob that's attacking him/her.

Leave a comment:

• MarkHark
    replied
    Originally posted by n01an View Post
    My suggestion for resume autoattack:
    After moving to a point, resume autoattack on the target enemy if within attack range. If the target is out of range, resume autoattack on the nearest aggro'd enemy within attack range. Else do nothing.
    Another option is to use a scan radius instead of attack range.

My reasoning is that when you are trying to disengage, you would want to move far away from mobs. If you are just dodging/strafing, you only move a little and try to keep the target within attack range.
    Exactly!

Leave a comment:

• n01an
    replied
    My suggestion for resume autoattack:
    After moving to a point, resume autoattack on the target enemy if within attack range. If the target is out of range, resume autoattack on the nearest aggro'd enemy within attack range. Else do nothing.
    Another option is to use a scan radius instead of attack range.

My reasoning is that when you are trying to disengage, you would want to move far away from mobs. If you are just dodging/strafing, you only move a little and try to keep the target within attack range.

Leave a comment:

• LStab
    replied
    I can turn off it if i dont want it work.so,i d like it come back.

Leave a comment:

• NoSuchReality
    replied
    JIMHO, I appreciate they want to improve it. It seems completely unnecessary to remove a function they want to improve that we can already simply turn off if we find the lack of needed improvement too problematic until they are fixed.

Leave a comment:

• lmcelhiney
    replied
    :-(

(This means that I will be developing callouses on top of callouses on my fingers! :-)

Leave a comment:

• MarkHark
    started a topic Resume auto-attack after moving

Resume auto-attack after moving

Originally posted by Nhat

Red's response in Discord, times are GMT+10

If you want to make this feature more useful and less annoying, I would suggest adding a small delay (maybe 0.5 second) before resuming autoattack, and limiting its chargeback effect to enemies within a small radius of hero, so they won't insist on running half the map back for that lone skeleton who survived.
    Last edited by MarkHark; 04-18-2019, 01:35 PM.
Working...
X