ANB events - Bronze, Silver & Gold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANB events - Bronze, Silver & Gold

I've been away for more than a year it seems so please excuse the ignorance.

What inspired the ticket System?

I noticed in the silver event that my BH was one of only +-2500 odd players. Which kinda indicates to me that the active player base has dropped a lot since the first ANB events which ran into the tens of thousands if I recall correctly.

Browsing through the Forum it seems the events have not run all that often. And now with the ticket system it seems the events are being reserved for only the really active addicts.

Sure the Bronze league is open to everyone, but if you miss it, then it is a very long time before you can join in on the fun in the next bronze event.

RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and QIVO CUBU VEPO 8185 - The Siren

Originally posted by Coldet View Post
    I've been away for more than a year it seems so please excuse the ignorance.

What inspired the ticket System?

I noticed in the silver event that my BH was one of only +-2500 odd players. Which kinda indicates to me that the active player base has dropped a lot since the first ANB events which ran into the tens of thousands if I recall correctly.

Browsing through the Forum it seems the events have not run all that often. And now with the ticket system it seems the events are being reserved for only the really active addicts.

Sure the Bronze league is open to everyone, but if you miss it, then it is a very long time before you can join in on the fun in the next bronze event.

so can't speak as to why the tickets were started... the only reason they would do that, is specifically to stop people from entering into silver and gold without having participated in bronze... i believe the xp and gold/gemstone multipliers may change from bronze to silver, to gold... am just assuming here, but they probably are trying to keep people from skipping bronze and playing just silver and/or gold...

that +2,500 players was for bh boards, and so the total boards for all classes in silver2 was like +13,000 i believe... as most are now playing mage or sw warriors cuz ther buffs... obviously still down from old anb numbers, but i'd say a lot of the numbers you saw ther, were inflated by newbs who did not stick around... just speculations

& welcome back btw!!!
    TEHA ZONU WEFO 4599
    -mobile play only-
    bh stalker- Makina "corpse princess" -TL 129
    mage arcanist- Shadowiiix -TL 124
    gold2 -bh stalker build- Xiiift

Comment

I have noticed the BH numbers have dropped a lot in this ANB compared to the last round.
      As for the tickets I think they are trying to help the people that are a little more serious. It also keeps us motivated to play.

Comment

As a relative newb, I suspect the ticket system was introduced to stop people gaining huge advantage with rolling new accounts and getting the intro offers and abusing them in the ANB senario .. I don't know that for a fact but it seems obvious to me.

Frankly as a new player, a few months ago, when i started, there was an ANB going on but it was way over my head all I was grateful for wad the WS rewards .. which being a newb I lost in my inbox when they expired Ques Sera Sera

To be honest it is fair, how can you have A new Beginning, when you have not even had an original beginning ..

Comment

It's so easy to get the tickets really, just 5-10 hours even if you're not using boosts and don't k ow what you're doing. Seems plenty reasonable to me.

Comment

May be to push people to do some trials. TL20 is not much if you know how to play. I have no idea how a lot of people that opt in for bronze don't even get to TL20 ! May be that way they know how many real players they have and how many are "walk in" customers

Comment

Sure, the ticket is easy enough to get. But if you didn't log in during the bronze week (which wasn't announced), you just missed the entire ANB event, all leagues included.

And I admit I don't really see the point.

Especially since the ticket is so easy to get, and thus rewards presence more than achievement. Why lock people out just for the sake of it ?

Comment

MF should implement selling of ANB Tickets for people who missed the Bronze ANB. which is also profitable for the company.

Example:
                Silver Package = Silver Ticket + 1000 gems for $19.99.
                Golden Package = Golden Ticket + 1500 gems for $29.99.

People might say the price is too much. but who's fault is it?
                MF is offering you a chance to get back in the game.
                Plus you get gems.

Comment

Originally posted by Radz View Post
                  MF should implement selling of ANB Tickets for people who missed the Bronze ANB. which is also profitable for the company.

Example:
                  Silver Package = Silver Ticket + 1000 gems for $19.99.
                  Golden Package = Golden Ticket + 1500 gems for $29.99.

People might say the price is too much. but who's fault is it?
                  MF is offering you a chance to get back in the game.
                  Plus you get gems.

That is a paywall of epic proportions, and will do worse than tickets reducing playerbase for a game that claims to be not payment oriented.

​​​​​​For newbs who missed out on bronze for example, it will be like unlocking a major feature by paying up. That would instantly throw out this game's non P2W or non payment focus claim out of the window, and that will not be positive for playerbase.

Besides why should a supposed F2P game block users from any gameplay feature and then demand money to access it? Doesn't make sense at all and is outright contradictory.

Simple solution is to just remove the ticket system, or find a alternative format for ticket system where those who miss out on tickets do not miss out too much, and ofc improve the notification system for events and other things.
                  Last edited by Primus; 06-07-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toph View Post
                    Sure, the ticket is easy enough to get. But if you didn't log in during the bronze week (which wasn't announced), you just missed the entire ANB event, all leagues included.

And I admit I don't really see the point.

Especially since the ticket is so easy to get, and thus rewards presence more than achievement. Why lock people out just for the sake of it ?
                    ^^ This. I think the tickets hearken back to the original idea to run the leagues as a truly back-to-back series - i.e. a single large event of sorts. They would be questionable even then, and are certainly "Not helping" now.

Comment

I kinda feel the solution here is to run all three leagues on the same leaderboard BUT your ticket qualifies you to a different set of rewards. The higher leagues could also be penalised with a shorter active play time - hahaha I can already feel you you guys protesting this
                      RAKO LOJA CUSE 8372 - Coldet and QIVO CUBU VEPO 8185 - The Siren

Comment

Case on point: this conversation I had 5 days ago on reddit

Newcomer> is it ANB right now ? I just started
                        Me> Yes, but not for you though. You should have been there two weeks ago for bronze
                        Newcomer>

https://www.reddit.com/r/eternium/co...anb_event_now/

Comment

Originally posted by Primus View Post

That is a paywall of epic proportions, and will do worse than tickets reducing playerbase for a game that claims to be not payment oriented.

​​​​​​For newbs who missed out on bronze for example, it will be like unlocking a major feature by paying up. That would instantly throw out this game's non P2W or non payment focus claim out of the window, and that will not be positive for playerbase.

Besides why should a supposed F2P game block users from any gameplay feature and then demand money to access it? Doesn't make sense at all and is outright contradictory.

Simple solution is to just remove the ticket system, or find a alternative format for ticket system where those who miss out on tickets do not miss out too much, and ofc improve the notification system for events and other things.
                          I don't think ANB is a a gameplay feature, it's a "competitive event". It has always been since the old ANB's.
                          I see Silver/Gold like Semi-final/Finals. You can't just jump into it, it's unfair for the people who played in the Playoffs.

I missed the last ANB, I haven't logged in for 200 days and saw Bronze#1 with less than 2 hours on the timer, I couldn't get the Silver Ticket.
                          It's no ones fault but mine, it didn't stop me from playing Eternium. I just missed out on the Seasonal Championship.

Ok let's scrap the ticket selling.
                          Should MF revert the ANB prizes where Celestials are rewarded to Top 10 and Top 25 only?
                          MF already done an awesome job to accommodate the rest of the players. A little contribution won't make it a Pay2Win system.
                          Missing Bronze is like a penalty, you either pay the Ticket or get Towed.

Comment

Originally posted by Radz View Post

I don't think ANB is a a gameplay feature, it's a "competitive event". It has always been since the old ANB's.
                            I see Silver/Gold like Semi-final/Finals. You can't just jump into it, it's unfair for the people who played in the Playoffs.

I missed the last ANB, I haven't logged in for 200 days and saw Bronze#1 with less than 2 hours on the timer, I couldn't get the Silver Ticket.
                            It's no ones fault but mine, it didn't stop me from playing Eternium. I just missed out on the Seasonal Championship.

Should MF revert the ANB prizes where Celestials are rewarded to Top 10 and Top 25 only?
                            MF already done an awesome job to accommodate the rest of the players. A little contribution won't make it a Pay2Win system.
                            1) IMO ANB is a gameplay feature as events are a type of gameplay and essential to how the game as a whole operates nowadays. Not that I support the game revolving around it as much as it does, the old eventium barb and all. Keeping it away from newbs or those who missed out on tickets, and demanding money to get an entrance is an outrageous paywall.

2) It should not be about punishing players if they want to devote time as they deem fit, not if you consider yourself F2P like Eternium so proudly announces on the very first page. A true F2P allows a player to play and devote time as he wishes and doesn't punish it by paywalling aspects of the game.

The game is more inclusive in giving out rewards to more players and above just a few elites is good in itself, not just for playerbase but by extension game as well. Yes MF has done an awesome job, but if it wants a 'contribution', there are better ways to gain it than these tickets.
                            As for the penalty, I really don't think it is right for a supposed F2P game to penalize anyone for anything apart from cheating and all. Much less asking payment to avoid penalties.
                            Last edited by Primus; 06-07-2019, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X