Trial combat stats not serving its purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trial combat stats not serving its purpose

The stats is supposed to give a good summary of which skill delivered the most damage and DPS in general offers a better score than the total damage. However, DPS is currently calculated with the total damage divided by the total time instead of the time that the ability is actually causing damage. If I sit idle for 1 minute, the DPS drops. This basically makes that stat useless. If determining when the character is actively causing damage with a skill is too complicated, just do it like the training map. Every time it is used or triggered it gets counted.

Prefer it the way it is myself. The way it is now basically accounts for movement speed or lack thereof because its not about how much damage you do to one pack, its about killing the boss as fast as possible. So if you don't have movement speed for example your overall dps should be lower because the clock still counts down wether you are attacking or slowly moving your bum to the next pack.
    WORU DIXA XAVE 1003 - 2183 CL
    BH: Farlina - TL154

Comment

My mage always moves while waiting for cooling down (standing = instant death), so it is difficult to distinguish whether the duration between attacks are caused by cooling down or empty movements. Anyway, showing the total number of each kind of attacks in statistics would really help.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Davies View Post
        Prefer it the way it is myself. The way it is now basically accounts for movement speed or lack thereof because its not about how much damage you do to one pack, its about killing the boss as fast as possible. So if you don't have movement speed for example your overall dps should be lower because the clock still counts down wether you are attacking or slowly moving your bum to the next pack.
        I agree with the timing part, but the total dps provided in the training grounds would give you enough information for that. The only reason we would want a per-skill break down is to determine if we should swap one skill out for another. If all skills do not have a chance to trigger, then they would all be equally affected by walking time, and it would be fine. But for explosive shot and many others that have a chance to trigger, the idle time affects these skill's dps values more than the flat damage skills. So the information would be inaccurate

Comment

Working...
        X