Gold grind fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold grind fatigue

Let me preface this by acknowledging that I generally needed a break from the game and stopped playing about a week ago. I figured if I kept up with the not-playing I would post some feedback about this.

I'm not posting (I hope) in a rage-quit way. I do rotate my preferred games from time to time so maybe it's just the natural time for me. But it feels a bit more like the recent changes brought on the fatigue faster than normal so I thought you'd maybe want to know why.

The frustrations of last ANB gold for me (I finished in top 250 with a SW at 93 so pretty decent all things considered) stemmed largely from hitting two solid trial walls which, although frustrating in themselves, illuminated larger game mechanics that now feel tiring to me.

My non-ANB SW main (fully maxed skills, ~1600CL, mobile - only) is sitting at 108 and after throwing a ton of gems at companion experimentation and a ton of gold at full crafting upgrades (avg lvl74, one 77 piece, 75 weapons, no celestials) and considerable time leveling CL maybe 100-150 levels, I've concluded that my only way to TL110 is via endless, endless gold grinding to craft more gear. With a lvl avg of 74 most of the gear I craft is no longer an upgrade and, of course, nothing usable ever drops.

I recognise all games ultimately end in a grinding wall where tiny incremental upgrades very slowly add up to small improvements, so maybe this is just the natural exit-point for a non-whale. I'm not mad, but I have moved on now.

Based on past experience leaving this game, I'll likely pop back in a year and check on content and mechanics changes (and maybe my season 2 top 250 medal assuming I don't get bumped too far down by others) . I've, mostly, enjoyed my time here. See you again someday!

I'm sad to see you go

Take care and hope to see you back here soon!
    KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

Dev will do some update while you rest playing. Hopefully when you get back, the game atmosphere would be better for you to play again. See you soon .
      Mobile only player (exclusively Android)
      Main Mage Regalia - Pikasyt (pre patch TL 137)
      XP Arcanist Mage - Pikasyt (TL 85-90)
      Gold runner BH - Pickachu (TL 100)
      CUZE XUZE YIWO 5914

Comment

I agree, crafting has taken out a large portion of enjoyment from farming. Now I just farm for cL and mats/gold. No reason to attempt higher Tls for drops as none of them compare to the crafted pieces with hand picked stats.

Comment

Prolly be multiplayer with the ability to share gold, gems and resources by the time you come back! (Of course, we'll have the ability to craft level 90 Set items by then, as well. )

Comment

Originally posted by lmcelhiney View Post
            Prolly be multiplayer with the ability to share gold, gems and resources by the time you come back! (Of course, we'll have the ability to craft level 90 Set items by then, as well. )
            I don't know what you are smoking, but I'd like some! Pretty please?
            KUSA GAJE GASU 4903

CL 2367

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
              Travis | Support Mgr. commented
              Editing a comment
              It probably won't be that different. The guys are working to make the Marmalade version of the game feature complete, balanced, and bug free-ish before shifting their focus almost entirely on the port. In other words, the game will change a bit, then go on cruise control for a bit.

• lmcelhiney
              lmcelhiney commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, that is a plan! I know that some of the changes over the past 12 months were related to patching rather than strategic planning.

• Fish knife
              Fish knife commented
              Editing a comment
              I like the bug free-ish part!
          Working...
          X