Separate Leaderboards based on Gear Sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate Leaderboards based on Gear Sets

Just did a search of the top 100 Bounty Hunters hoping to see what other Havoc BHs are doing. Surprise, all 100 of the top 100 players are using the exact same gear set - full Stalker gear with Shadow Assassins pistols. Many players have asked for a balancing upgrade for the Havoc gear since the last major upgrade, but in the meantime, how about separating out the leaderboards so that you can see other players who are using the same gear set as your hero instead of a cookie cutter set of the most common gear set?

Well look again... My toon Anaijeh (TL 122 in 9:39, #39 now) uses the Igniters Set. I guess I will be in the Top 1 on a Separate Leaderboard... Also on the Bottom 1...
    Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
    Eternium Files

Comment

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      LodWig sorry I did not notice your weapons were different under all the glow...

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries! It was easy to miss, 1 out of 100, plus I used the Malice visual on both... You have to look at the Main Hand icon where is the easily recognizable Firebug.

I scourged the top 100 as you did and also have not seen other weapons than the Shadow Assassin's pistols. Also only Stalker Shoulder Pads, so I guess its all Stalker 6 pieces. But there are some variations in the companions and abilities equipped.

I’ll second this. The only game in town for mages is arcanist. ELR gets no love.
    Mage: Mystify, TL 106, 8:00
    Former D2 & D3 player

Add me: FOXI JOXI LALA 6550

Comment

• Anjaeka
      Anjaeka commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed! I hope this changes and ELR gets some kind of a buff because Arcanist is a real b*tch to play on mobile.

You know what the easiest thing to do is? Buff the underused sets and skills every season. It would give the game longevity if every season you had a new set to use because it was buffed. The biggest killer of games like Eternium is staleness. Stalker's fine but do you really want to be forced to use it for 8 months just to compete for Leaderboards? Unfortunately Havoc and Assault just doesn't even come close to Stalker right now and it has been like that for like what 6 months? Every season comes with buffs and nerfs with perhaps a dose of content like a new Set for each hero every couple of seasons just to break the monotony. Will the buffing and nerfing happen? We'll find out in S3. I hope so.
    TL 131 Bounty Hunter - Hydrolic Mobile and PC
    Season 1 Final Rank #378
    Eternium Account Creation: January 5th 2018
    Champion Level 1740+

Comment

I'm sure changes will be implemented every now and then. The question for me is: when will they let us know? I don't mind not knowing exactly what the new stuff will be, figuring those out is fun. I'd just like to know WHEN changes happen in advance...
      Btw, you guys should switch to warriors, we have an internal head to head LB race between SW and DW
      Last edited by Argon; 12-19-2019, 09:06 AM.
      Mobile only
      ZOBO NEVI CIXI 0314
      Warriors, BHs Argon
      Mages Tuca

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I am an old-school SW Warrior at heart. Unfortunately, the upgrade to Level 77 gear left my best warriors out of the mix, as my once competitive level 70 gear is now virtually useless. I ran BH during the most recent ANB for a change of pace, and I got a few decent Havoc pieces. I also have a Stalker BH, so I could push that hero farther, but I have more fun with my Havoc BH blowing things up. Havoc BH has stalled for now around trial 102. Partly because I played SW Warrior with such high Armor and Vitality for so long that I haven't mastered the movement skills for keeping a BH alive. Was hoping to see what other Havoc BHs were doing, but could not find any on the LBs.

Making a bunch of leaderboards isn't a good option. Trying to implement an advanced search in the leaderboard might be a better solution.

Comment

• Ozymandius
        Ozymandius commented
        Editing a comment
        Advanced search sounds like a good option. Right now you can only see the top 100 plus the very small handful of players right next to you. Maybe add a feature that allows you to search based on a specific class of gear or weapon set.

• Romme
        Romme commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I was thinking you can select a certain peice of gear for it to pop up. Maybe you can also search your friends that are not in the top 100 too. Not sure how difficult it would be to code that in the game.

Another option that would probably be easier is extending leaderboard to show the top 500. Although top 500 will probably still show little to none havoc, apprentice, or juggernaut players.

• LodWig
        LodWig commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be nice. And also by name, rank, abilities, boss fought, anything! Computers were invented for this!

Switching the leaderboard view from showing Top-100 entries to showing Top-500 entries, may have a crippling effect on network performance, or other server-side issues. It's easy for us to say "Hey devs, could you take that network query and quintuple it, please", and implementing it may be as easy as changing one parameter, but we won't know what kind of effect this will have, until an event starts and 2.500 players tap on Leaderboards (an action that already takes several seconds) every few runs to see their progress and how much this will affect overall performance.

I thought of something like adding the set next to the player's name, e.g.
      1. John Sins - TL123 - 09:39 - (Arcanist)
      2. Juicy Lucy - TL122 - 08:40 - (Arcanist)
      3. DebbyDallas - TL122 - 09:25 - (ELR)
      etc.

But that too is pulling and presenting added information and there's no telling how much strain it would put on the server(s) until it goes live (no, stress-testing does not provide reliable results with 50-100 beta testers)

Remember: all the gear stats, spells configuration, TL stats, etc. for each player are a ton of data, but it's a separate query, one that you do when tapping on one of the players. You want to keep the amount of data in total that is pulled when someone taps on the Leaderboards icon, to a minimum.
      I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X