Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email Notification list for in game events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Notification list for in game events?

I enjoy the game overall but I am more of a casual "play once in a while" player. However, when events come out, I find myself playing a lot more. It would be REALLY nice if there was a way to sign up for an Email notification list that announced when events were coming. Often times I will log in to find an event half over or miss it completely. I am a previous ANB top 100 as well as paid entrance to last season. Does something like this exist?

I typically receive E-mail notifications to the E-mail address that my profile is linked to when you save the profile. Have you checked your spam folder?

I can not say that I always get notifications when events start but definitely do get notifications.

Comment

I did get an email notification of your reply but I do not get emails of events. It's possible that I may have unsubscribed at some point... can't recall. I checked spam folder and didn't find any but my spam email is automatically deleted after 30 days.

Comment

And that is were it gets interesting.

See, I have Forum Email Notifications turned off. However, I get E-mails telling me when a new season has started and even when ANB starts if I am not mistaken.

The E-mails I get not through the Forum. I guess you could E-mail Travis asking him to make sure that you are on the distribution list in case you unsubscribed once.

Here are a screenshots of the notification I received for Bronze #3:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Email 01.png
Views:	303
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	159321

Name:	Email 02.png
Views:	318
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	159322

Name:	Email 03.png
Views:	281
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	159323

Comment

The game and the forum are completely separate accounts, not related in any way. You email preferences for the forum will not affect whether you receive promotional emails. As suggested, check your spam folder for stuff from noreply@makingfun.com. We typically send out emails any time an event or season starts.

Comment

• Fish knife
            Fish knife commented
            Editing a comment
            The last such email I got was in July of last year announcing the beginning of Season 1. I didn't get any announcements since then, nothing in the spam folder either...

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Travis | Support Mgr. commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you maybe unsubscribe at some point?

• Fish knife
            Fish knife commented
            Editing a comment
            That's certainly possible, I can't remember, sorry... Anyway, a timely notification by in-game email would be the best option, imho

Okay, thanks for the replies. I must have unsubscribed at some point. What account information do you need Travis, in order to turn that back on? I can PM the details.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Editing a comment
            Want the promotional emails to go to ja**@*********ly.org?

Yes, thank you.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Editing a comment
            Ok, I'll have an engineer make sure you're not unsubbed.

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Editing a comment
            An engineer confirmed that you are not unsubscribed, so you should be receiving promotional emails. If you're not, then your email client is blocking them. Try whitelisting noreply@makingfun.com (or makingfun.com if you can whitelist a domain).

Travis, out of curiosity, are you able to verify whether or not the address was on the distribution list before doing the update? Was the lack of being on the list the issue?

This is not the first time this kind of question has popped up and if the generic answer is to check your spam and if in in doubt dropped an E-mail to help@makingfun.com in case you unsubscribed then we can know how to give prompt responses.

In the past the issue has been that players just didn't realize the announcement was sitting in their spam folder.

Comment

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure I understand your question. We don't send out emails with every update. Any time someone says they didn't receive an email, the first suggestion should be to check their spam folder.

• Tin Man
            Tin Man commented
            Editing a comment
            First recommending that they check their spam folder is a given. If they have checked their spam folder and swear that they have not received an event notification then should we suggest they drop you an E-mail to make sure that they are added to the distribution list in case they unsubscribed?

• Travis | Support Mgr.
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I can have an engineer check that. Odds are, most affected players will be in the same situation as Ygo (the emails are simply being blocked). Whitelisting should fix it.
        Working...
        X