Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good, the bad, and the meh.

The good:
    •Faster loot! Omg. YASSSS! I haven’t tested it a lot, but so far so good.
    •50% increase in gold, gemstones and XP instead of 15% during event . Thank you, thank you!
    •Reduced “level up” graphics. This one doesn’t effect me that much since it takes me soooooo long to level up now, but during ANB this will be awesome.
    •The additional event. Nice. Very nice.
    •Y’all squashed some bugs! This one is always appreciated.
    •We actually got release notes on this update!
    •A new skin available!

The bad:
    •No leaderboard between events. Still trying to understand this one. Is it because we’re going to start having back to back events? Is it because you’re revamping the system? Hello? Anyone?

The meh:
    •Event value packs. Ugh. What a disappointment. More level 70 living weapons and legendary gear boxes. I hate to say they’re worthless.... but they’re close. How about MOT’s and crafting crates instead? Boosters, gems, jewelry boxes and gold are always useful.
    •Thumbs up on the new skin, but $9.99 US? Meh.

And the Soup with Sliced Rice Cakes booster.... At first I was like, “Yay!” Then I noticed that y’all put XP and gemstones on the same booster. Huh? My XP hero is different from my gold/gemstone hero. And no gold boost? So unfortunately, I gotta say “somewhat meh” on that one too.
    Last edited by Anjaeka; 01-22-2020, 08:25 AM.

I got xp, gold and gemstone boost from the soup which helped me finally get to CL1800.
    But was gutted to waste gold bonus on my xp farmer. If only there was separate soup for xp and rice cakes for gold/gemstones. Maybe next time... aaah damn you hope

Comment

Interesting concept of Soup & Rice Cakes, but as mentioned by Anjaeka and Skoropunk above, very few players combine XP and Extra Gold on the same gear set.

I am not sure that I am getting the 50% Gold bonus on my hero. When I check the stats page, it is showing 0% for Extra Gold and my runs do not seem to be receiving more gold or gemstones. Maybe you need to run a booster?

Comment

The event 50% is a base value update, not something you'll see in your stats. The top discord gold farmers are seeing an increase in gold take from 9M to 12M per 200% booster.

Comment

• Anjaeka
          Anjaeka commented
          Editing a comment
          True dat!!

Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post
        Interesting concept of Soup & Rice Cakes, but as mentioned by Anjaeka and Skoropunk above, very few players combine XP and Extra Gold on the same gear set.

I am not sure that I am getting the 50% Gold bonus on my hero. When I check the stats page, it is showing 0% for Extra Gold and my runs do not seem to be receiving more gold or gemstones. Maybe you need to run a booster?
        From what I can see, that soup booster doesn’t even add gold. Just XP and gemstones.

As for the 50% bonus, Stusmith50 is correct. It doesn’t show on stats. No event bonus ever does. Which kinda sucks. I know I’ve been getting the extra gold boost though. My normal runs are 120,000 each and now I’m getting 180,000 +/- .

Comment

• Skoropunk
          Skoropunk commented
          Editing a comment
          Description says xp and gemstones only, but when used two timer icons appeared one for xp and one for gold.
          Unless the gold was gemstones ...... which wouldn't be the first time my memory and eyesight have failed me lol

• Ozymandius
          Ozymandius commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just running with a new hero, still has mostly XP gear thus the 0% extra gold. I will give it a try with my gold farmer to see how that plays out.

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post
        The good:
        •Faster loot! Omg. YASSSS! I haven’t tested it a lot, but so far so good.
        •50% increase in gold, gemstones and XP instead of 15% during event . Thank you, thank you!
        •A new skin available!

The bad:
        •No leaderboard between events. Still trying to understand this one. Is it because we’re going to start having back to back events? Is it because you’re revamping the system? Hello? Anyone?

The meh:

And the Soup with Sliced Rice Cakes booster.... At first I was like, “Yay!” Then I noticed that y’all put XP and gemstones on the same booster. Huh? My XP hero is different from my gold/gemstone hero. And no gold boost? So unfortunately, I gotta say “somewhat meh” on that one too.
        1. What the hell are "Sliced Rice Cakes"? AFAIK there is no such thing but nice internal rhyme.
        2. A new skin for $9.99?! You have got to be kidding me DP/MF.
        3. Value packs are a joke unless you are just starting out, ditto the booster cake. Half useless.
        4. LB... still out of service? All I can think is that there are people who would be cheating their asses off if the LB existed. If it were only around for the next ANB, I guess it would be better than nothing.

I gotta say I will more than likely sit out the next ANB if all we get is a Celestial that gives us a mighty L70 and we gotta reach TL100 to get it. Another bad joke AFAIC.
        FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

Have to disagree about the rice cake - an hour of big XP gain on top of the 50% event boost, with added gemstones is most welcome. The other stuff could do with revamp, I struggle to see how it's attractive to any player now that gear level has increased. The 3 jewellery boxes are useful, but poor value. A gem pack sale would probably bring in more cash, but then I can't see the results of previous sales.

Comment

• Shanina
            Shanina commented
            Editing a comment
            I loved the rice cake!

Originally posted by Anjaeka View Post
          It's not just the new skin for that price, there are a load of the wardrobe gems too so you can buy others not yet unlocked. That said, I'm not bothered about skins so it's in my "meh" rating too

Comment

• Anjaeka
            Anjaeka commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I play on a very small screen, so the skins are pretty irrelevant. Lol.

Thanks for the feedback, all!

Comment

Working...
          X