Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no trial level unlock progress reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no trial level unlock progress reset?

So, another season has started. Again, there was not a reset of everyone's trial level unlock progress.

There are players that have trials unlocked that are presently impossible to unlock without taking unauthorized measures. This means not have to battle trial by trial to get to a maximum possible trial that is below what some players have unlocked without ever playing.

There should be a reset of all trials that are unlocked each season to put as much of an equal burden on everyone as possible. Yes, I know that past resets were not uniform. The fix is not going without a reset but making sure that the reset is uniformly applied.

What unauthorized measures were used this time? The last big one ("enter exploit") was fixed with a full reset during Season 6. Feel free to PM me about this.

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      So it appears I'm right? Meaning, some of the "enter" exploiters do have impossibly high trial unlocked... Then, I strongly suggest the highest trial unlocked to be reset for everyone to one above the best trial done so far in Season 7.

• LStab
      LStab commented
      Editing a comment
      It's difficult for them.I suggest reset the unlock to trial 7.I have two characters unlocked a high trial,one is 180,the other is 202,with the demo build.they should be reset.Devs need to make sure everyone is reset.
      Last edited by LStab; 06-22-2021, 03:29 AM.

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      It's of course way simpler to reset everyone to 7 when the season begins. But now it's too late, some players have already pushed.

Originally posted by Travis | Support Mgr. View Post
    ... was fixed with a full reset during Season 6. ...
    That is the rub. No, there was not a full reset during Season 6 just as there was no full reset before this season started. Sure, there was a reset of the leaderboard. There was not a reset of the unlocked trials.

So what?

A player may have had their clearing time for TL 200 removed but still had their trials unlocked through at least TL 201. Without a reset of the unlocked trials? A player can happily bypass "walls" if they have unlocked trails that are no longer attainable.

Yes, is great that someone can repeat their previous season's performance by just clearing one trial. However, would be nice to, at least, pretend that there is a level playing field by forcing everyone to start no higher than TL 7. Map shopping and luck should be reset every season.

Comment

• LStab
      LStab commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your keeping.you are right.The key is to make sure the reset works.I guess they are having difficulty in dealing with the problem.So they chose to deal with other issues first.In fact,there are so many issues need to deal with.bugs,exploits,new features and so on.Let's hope they take care of these things faster.

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      LStab Don't you think the Season 6 LB should have been reset after the "enter exploit" was fixed?

• LStab
      LStab commented
      Editing a comment
      I really don't know your called "Enter" exploit.I swear.It seems like you're convinced I used this exploit.whatever,see you next ANB.

IMO it's not a huge issue because there aren't that many players that are stuck at a trial, could do the one after it, and have it unlocked from a previous season.

That said, if it's not too hard to implement, it does make sense to have a fresh start every season

LStab, I don't think you should complain about that too much - where is the impassable wall that prevents you from doing 177 this season?
    Mage: Anba

Comment

• LodWig
      LodWig commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not a "nolife" guy.
      How many hours/day do you play approximately? I mean, you seem to gain a lot of XP quite quickly, and you have already earned a lot, surely you should play many hours a day?

• LStab
      LStab commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to play it a lot.But now,Eternium is becoming,Emmm,boring,for me,for hunters.It's S7 now,hunters are still using Stalker....The demo build is really an interesting build.but it's too IMBA.it's a pity.

• Ozymandius
      Ozymandius commented
      Editing a comment
      LStab I mostly play BH as well, but I have to agree that being forced to play only Stalker build get boring. Definitely support an upgrade of Demo or Havoc builds.

I fully agree each season should start with a reset at TL7.
    It doesn't make sense to just continue where you were, and skip trials you manage to pass by sheer luck (or illegitimate means) to then continue and ranking an easier higher trial until the end of time.

Comment

Working...
    X