Eternium
Eternium

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A small featurette / enhancement: make Jewelry Cubes able to craft Rare *or* Uncommon pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small featurette / enhancement: make Jewelry Cubes able to craft Rare *or* Uncommon pieces

As things stand, and at least for those of us who don't craft jewelry during ANB, the Jewelry Boxes just pile on endlessly, like Dungeon Keys except they don't stack... can't sell them, can't get rid of them (aside from deleting a toon), and they just keep comin'.

One might think, "hey, you could just craft more jewelry pieces with them". Try out other permutations etc. It would at least shore up the "problem" for a while.

Thing is, by the long-established 5/4 split fusion method, the JBoxes aren't enough to craft a Legendary perfect piece. You still need to craft those "near-perfect" Uncommon pieces for the 2-stat Rare.
    (to be fair, the impact of the 2-stat on the overall fusion is quite small. If memory serves, you can go down to 86+ for the Uncommons in the 2-stat Rare, before you start compromising the (visible) end result of your Legendary piece (assuming all else is perfect). But still, it's effort, and if we can save effort, we are more motivated to do silly things like crafting more jewelry pieces. )

A simple and perhaps easy to implement solution to this would be to allow the JBOxes to produce either a Rare (152 stat) or an Uncommon (True 90 stat) piece, as selected.

Great idea!

Comment

So true. Too many J boxes, but need to spend gems on uncommons to maximise stats. Tedious. I hate jewelry crafting.

Comment

Or allow us to choose between a Rare or three perfect Uncommons. (So we would just have to add three Brilliant for a perfect “bridge” jewelry.)

Or, on opening of a Jbox, give a way to fake any arrangement of three perfect Uncommons and three Brilliants. That would subsume the current offer.
        Mobile Only (iPhone 5 / iPad Air 1st gen / iPad Pro 11" 2nd gen)
        Eternium Files

Comment

Originally posted by LodWig View Post
          Or allow us to choose between a Rare or three perfect Uncommons. (So we would just have to add three Brilliant for a perfect “bridge” jewelry.)

Or, on opening of a Jbox, give a way to fake any arrangement of three perfect Uncommons and three Brilliants. That would subsume the current offer.
          Keep it simple, let's not get carried away here.

Comment

• LodWig
            LodWig commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree. But 3 perfect Uncommon (my first proposal) is as simple as only one (your proposal).

What I was thinking about is probably going cause a confuffle.
          A) Have all items that are the same stackable.
          B) Increase the stack size, I currently shatter 6 to 8 hundred brilliant into a single stack of tri--?.
          C) create 2 new beyond Brilliant.
          D) be able to fuse 2 gemstones into equipment to accomplish what creating new gemstones for the attributes than currently do not gemstones. If you take all the combinations of 2 different gemstones it works out to give each attribute a unique combination.
          E) Chang Morgan's 3 in a row in the inventory area to having to place 3 items in the boxes that already show 3 rings to fuse. This will help with having the wrong 3 in a row being fused along with being able to fuse two gemstones and a piece of equipment/ jewelry. (Edit.. New gemstones would be destroyed when unsocketed to keep from having to create new types and taking up more storage.)
          F) Please change how a lot of things change back to a default.
          I have a lot of jewelry I have created in error because jewelry boxes changes back when opening the next box.
          When crafting item levels below the current maximum you can (level 35 instead of 37 because it uses 1 MOT instead of 2) you have to change the level back down. Maybe keep the level the same until you change it or leave town.
          A warning when crafting pants and boots without movement speed would also be nice.
          G) H) I) J) K) L) ... maybe that is enough fuel for the fire? Look at my comment under Announcements v1.6.6 Release notes for some

Been a while since commenting because way to many things have been bugging me and was waiting for the new platform.

Michael Garrison
          Michaelgarrison688@gmail.com
          Old like a model A
          Hard to start
          Back fires a lot
          Last edited by StGeorge688; 05-26-2023, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• Tin Man
            Tin Man commented
            Editing a comment
            You said "I currently shatter 6 to 8 hundred brilliant into a single stack of tri--?." which is saying that it takes 6 to 8 Brilliants to make a single Trillion. That is reverse of reality and is wrong in quantity because the ratio is 1:3. Was just pointing out that your numbers in B) do not make sense as written.

Shattering gemstones does not free up storage space as lower quality gemstones take more room to store. Fusing gemstones frees up storage space, potentially.

What I was saying is that your numbers in B) do not make sense.

Also am still not sure what you are trying to say with D).

• StGeorge688
            StGeorge688 commented
            Editing a comment
            D) for instance Experience has no Gemstone. If you could fuse a Ruby and a Saffhire together to create a new Gemstone and socket it into a ring. There are enough combinations of two Gemstones that would exactly cover the remaining attributes that do not have a Gemstone like Fire or Physical Damage ect.
            B) If you goto Ingrid and Transmute Shatter Brilliant you can Select Quantity of 3000 Trillion Gemstone. If you do this and you have 10 stacks of 100 of the same Brilliant Gemstones then 1000 Brilliant will become a single stack of 3000 Trillion
            Then if you wanted to you select that single stack of 3000 Trillion Gemstones and fuse them into a single stack of 1000 Brilliant Gemstones.
            The max number you can select for Shatter is 3000. You can try this without even having any Brilliant to see that it is possible to select 3000.

• Tin Man
            Tin Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh, I get it now! You found a bug that allows you to stack Trillions and Brilliants higher than 100 per stack.

Stacks of 3000 Trillion Gemstones Sorry for the confusing writing, I have been up since Thursday 1am. Sometimes my pain prevents me from sleeping.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1685107245711.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.1 KB ID:	217971
          Last edited by StGeorge688; 05-26-2023, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• LodWig
            LodWig commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s a… brilliant way to save space, although costly. But beware you may be deemed a cheater for having such strange stacks.
        Working...
        X