Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humus
    replied
    Most of the changes in the game are from the suggestions and feedback section (like the xp and currency boosters), so that's the proper place to vent your feelings, doing it here just makes you look grumpy. (This is addressed to anyone venting in this thread.)
    Last edited by Humus; 10-30-2017, 03:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dominik Keßler
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post

The duplicitous manner in which they handle class balancing is annoying, patch note updates but leaving out "silent" nerfs/"balancing" is just frustrating and idiotic on their part, it just causes disgruntlement.

They had the potential to make the boss fight so much more engaging (re utilising minions)and yet chose the dumbest route possible, whoever on the team that thinks constantly (and I mean constantly) having to disengage from the boss is a good fight mechanism needs to have a good hard look in the mirror. It would be bad enough if it was mixed in with some other mechanism but to have it as the sole way of managing the encounter is frankly retarded.

You could have had it as

round up clear normal mobs - standard fair

clear certain number go on to a varied mix of elite aura mobs in which you utilising your minions in various different ways (as opposed to having them their purely for their aura) to counter the aura abilities, reposition/freeze/silence/tank directional elite arrow fire, healers etc

You then go on to a Bosses, you utilising minions again to counter boss specials, you utilising minions to heal yourself or the other minions (tap their icon tap icon of whoever you want healing/shielded) to keep them in the game.
    This. 100 % agree. In the old days (as the game's name was Mage & MINIONS) I thought that they take their chance and integrate those companions more into gameplay and game mechanics (let the tank minion be a real tank for example; let Maggie/ eileen be real healers that can actually heal a significant amount of HP instead of standing first line in combat with subsequent death).

But they don't care about them; never did.

Extending game content by improving the status of all minions: equipping with special gear for minions, a skill tree for every type of minion (even if it was only an ordinary skill tree and only a few 'item slots' for every minion similar to d3 that would be enough imo).

Like mentioned before from others, all minions - except the ranger (before the beta, the exception had been Maggie)- live a lonely existence in Eternium. Nobody needs them.

The issue of 'underdeveloped companions' is only one of several issues the game has at the moment.

But instead of buffing/debuffing several skills all the time and introducing exp boosters, the devs could easily change that one......

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by 1337_Derp View Post

I don't know if you play Warrior Dave but if what I called "rotation" isn't optimal then what do you do? Frenzy gets my attacking faster, then DT with RS, I let DT ping 2-3 times then SW. It just seemed to clear mobs faster than what I was doing before.
    Pretty much the same TBH, I just start with RS to get the dots going, would imagine its 6 of 1 and half dozen of other. Someone more knowledgeable than me might chip in. I prioritise the utilities (for me BR>SW>DT) over switching my main attacks though.

Leave a comment:

• Robert
    replied
    I am sad. Led has inspired me but I can understand why he is leaving.

I have been playing for 9 months. I was frustrated because I didn't have the time to build CLs very fast. The grind was getting boring. Same thing every day. Run TBD & TT at heroic with my 650% experience warrior to get gems and build experience at the same time. Mindlessly running CC for exp or SM for gems didn't work for me. Then run trials to try and get good items. I had reached the point where I believed I need CL 1000 before I was going to be able to do any good in trials (I was at CL 385)? Beating bosses at higher level trials was run, run, die multiple times until I finally won.

With the changes I am quickly going up in CL but it is still a bit of a grind. I have to run from the bosses in higher trials but once you see the pattern it is easier to beat them. So what has changed for me? Minions are worthless. Across my 5 characters I have lots of useless maggies. Bosses repeat in trials every 3 trials. TBD, Eban, Margroth, repeat. Higher level trials just mean run more often from bosses but if you pay attention they are beatable. I advance by getting enough CL's to finish before time runs out.

I like the idea of making it easier for new players but these changes went too far.

I am still playing the game. It is a decent time waster. Overall it hasn't changed much for me. Still a bit of a grind to get CLS and gear. Look at lots of ads to get gems. Still the best rpg i have found you can play for free.
    ​​​​
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• 123Klutz
    replied
    cleave and 6 jug are better in gemstones gathering right now. thank goodness this word came into my mind instead of "grinding"

I'd like to play a game, persomally I don't like the grinding, at least not grinding the easiest content 10000000 times. I've been grinded enough in real life

Leave a comment:

• Infamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Coldet View Post
    I'm sorry guys, but all I can do is smile.

I look over to Google play for a bit of perspective and note there are over 5 MILLION downloads of the game. In this thread we have a hand full of "Veteran Players" bitching because the new players are going to have an easier path than they did.

Um - "Veterans" traditionally pave the way to make the lives of newcomers easier.

Has Led not actually been a leader in this philosophy with all his Videos. Or were they just done to "brag" - "Look at me, Look at me, Aren't I great?"
    Led is supposedly a skilled player - why so concerned about new players beating him? Or is it he wants to win by pounding on noobs with sub standard gear?

it really is funny when "Veterans" (old people) throw tantrums spilling all their toys out of their cot.

Thanks guys you really brightened up my day.

The REAL Funny thing here is - this is still closed Beta and EVERYTHING could still change.
    From your words and smile, I feeling Schadenfreude. malevolence.
    Led was part of this game for me. I wanted be like him.
    But not in this way.

Leave a comment:

• 1337_Derp
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave View Post

I wouldn't say there is a rotation, its a lot more of a priority list. If you try and stick to a rotation its a DPS loss.

Rending slash is just cleave.. they've just tweeked it slightly and changed the name. Old cleave I still found it advantageous to weave in frenzy or vice versa, now bosses (single training ground) trying to weave in RS over frenzy is coming up as a DPS loss for me.

Most WoW content wasn't a few minutes clearing to get to 1 of 3 bosses, trials are essentially this games end game.It wasnt systemic but you did have a lot more varying mechanics (albeit apple and oranges in the size of the game) for bosses and a you also had varying mechanics to get to boss, non of that is incorporated in this game as all.

They've gone from one extreme to the other with the main (mechanically) useful minion they had (Maggie) which could be viewed cynically as a means of getting people to spend Gems on a minion that wasn't previously a priority. Eileen was nice for organising packs, shes a luxury you cant afford in higher trials.

ATM they've balanced to game (I stopped being able to take Eileen trial 85) around rangers, look at 90's above we all have x3 rangers, so you are pretty much just taking x3 rangers for the DPS, using their freeze only pushes the bosses special back fractionally, the boss just goes straight back into the special ie magroth and his charge so theres no point into trying to position the boss into minion for an interrupt (due to rapid DR's its not reliable anyway). Also pointless as soon as boss does any aoe minions are dead. Game design means you're purely taking them for the DPS boost at that point.
    I agree with you here. I was looking for understanding with some of the points being made here. Thanks Dave.

I think I shouldn't have called it a rotation. That is habit from my DCUO days.

I don't know if you play Warrior Dave but if what I called "rotation" isn't optimal then what do you do? Frenzy gets my attacking faster, then DT with RS, I let DT ping 2-3 times then SW. It just seemed to clear mobs faster than what I was doing before.

*I wanted to mention that the XP increase in Trials for CL gain isnt something I was happy about. I wasnt waiting for it to be easier but I did bust my ASS 3 months ago to build a good XP and it was just a waste. I was prepared to grind the veterans way. I havent quit because I still believe in Eternium.*
    Last edited by 1337_Derp; 10-29-2017, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AuroraNovember
    replied
    As a new player, I struggle to better my hero. There is not gear to continue advancing from where I am. I have not played beta because I don't need to; I can hear all about it on this forum. I don't support the changes at all. And now I can BUY my way to the top? No thanks. It is interesting that we are given an opportunity to give suggestions and feedback yet, the devs do whatever anyway. Yes, its their program, bla bla bla...but why ask if you're not willing to heed what your paying (and supporting) customers are saying? If a handful of people are actively voicing their concerns and some are leaving due to lack of action on those concerns, can you imagine how many more simply say nothing and move on? In my line of work, if one person complains, you can almost guarantee that 10 others feel the same way but not say anything. So you need to take that one person's complaint seriously. You guys are being given examples, backed by experienced players, photographic supporting documents, in-game accounts of how your new stuff is working. Use this information, please! Don't be blinded by the "wow so awesome!' comments.

To Led, you did this game a huge favor and this place will be poorer without you. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by 1337_Derp View Post
    So I keep hearing these boss mechanics are simply just move away or get 1 shotted.....I don't think its stupid. I have been enjoying it more than before because now you have to pay attention and you cant just "Rambo" the boss.

You only have so much time to kill them. You need to hit your rotations right and your execution must be spot on because if you don't react properly you get blasted for it.

I really struggled with the Warriors primary attack changes at first. After practicing I am killing mobs quicker by starting a mob with Frenzy to get the boost, then I hit DT AND switch to Rending Slash then SW as needed. This is what is getting me past elites. This is so much LESS mind numbing then just using Cleave. I got so sick of Cleave, Cleave, Cleave, Oh no a boss...Frenzy...ZZZZZZZZZ

I have played World Of Warcraft and DC Universe Online. My experience with their boss mechanics generally get out of the way or stand here.....

WoW:
    High King Mulgar
    Gruul
    Murmur
    Reliquary Of Souls etc etc

DCUO:
    Bane
    Aquaman
    Brother Blood
    Zod etc etc

Am I crazy or isnt most rpg boss mechanics involve movement or placement????

The gameplay is hella more enjoyable. I cant thank the Devs enough for ridding us Warriors of perpetual cleave.

All those opposed to the current boss mechanics have any ideas for mechanics you'd enjoy?

I wouldn't say there is a rotation, its a lot more of a priority list. If you try and stick to a rotation its a DPS loss.

Rending slash is just cleave.. they've just tweeked it slightly and changed the name. Old cleave I still found it advantageous to weave in frenzy or vice versa, now bosses (single training ground) trying to weave in RS over frenzy is coming up as a DPS loss for me.

Most WoW content wasn't a few minutes clearing to get to 1 of 3 bosses, trials are essentially this games end game.It wasnt systemic but you did have a lot more varying mechanics (albeit apple and oranges in the size of the game) for bosses and a you also had varying mechanics to get to boss, non of that is incorporated in this game as all.

They've gone from one extreme to the other with the main (mechanically) useful minion they had (Maggie) which could be viewed cynically as a means of getting people to spend Gems on a minion that wasn't previously a priority. Eileen was nice for organising packs, shes a luxury you cant afford in higher trials.

ATM they've balanced to game (I stopped being able to take Eileen trial 85) around rangers, look at 90's above we all have x3 rangers, so you are pretty much just taking x3 rangers for the DPS, using their freeze only pushes the bosses special back fractionally, the boss just goes straight back into the special ie magroth and his charge so theres no point into trying to position the boss into minion for an interrupt (due to rapid DR's its not reliable anyway). Also pointless as soon as boss does any aoe minions are dead. Game design means you're purely taking them for the DPS boost at that point.
    Last edited by Dave; 10-29-2017, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Quarks
    replied
    What a shame

I'm tempted to write a long post about what I think; but, Mongix, Ezcry, Dave and Dyoma have said it all.

To the Developers, I'd only ask what part of the description of this game in play store is still true????

To the new players supporting this change because it would take to much time & effort to compete with the likes of Led or to PvP against them, what makes you think that Led or any of the others at the top of the leaderboard would get any satisfaction playing against you or give you the opportunity without putting forth the effort.

Leave a comment:

• Kenshin
    replied
    I agree. Eternium has become really easy. Recent updates took away most veteran's sense of achievement. Led's videos inspired me to push my limits, made me believe that everything was achievable through hardwork. I can't deny though, the recent updates were generous in rewards, but after you get that, you realize everyone has the same stuffs and then lose interest. I played Eternium because it was play to win. Now regarding PvP, CL shouldn't be factored in, just gears. CL is supposed to be an achievement, not a factor for winning. You could always get good gears by farming, and a tiny gap in stats ( ex, 72 vs 90 power) wouldn't be a huge factor, also because of diminishing returns in some stats. Also, the gemstone package is good as it is. It already has a p2w essence in it, improving it would just be worse. Anyway, you were a legend dude. Wish you all the luck.

Leave a comment:

• 1337_Derp
    replied
    So I keep hearing these boss mechanics are simply just move away or get 1 shotted.....I don't think its stupid. I have been enjoying it more than before because now you have to pay attention and you cant just "Rambo" the boss.

You only have so much time to kill them. You need to hit your rotations right and your execution must be spot on because if you don't react properly you get blasted for it.

I really struggled with the Warriors primary attack changes at first. After practicing I am killing mobs quicker by starting a mob with Frenzy to get the boost, then I hit DT AND switch to Rending Slash then SW as needed. This is what is getting me past elites. This is so much LESS mind numbing then just using Cleave. I got so sick of Cleave, Cleave, Cleave, Oh no a boss...Frenzy...ZZZZZZZZZ

I have played World Of Warcraft and DC Universe Online. My experience with their boss mechanics generally get out of the way or stand here.....

WoW:
    High King Mulgar
    Gruul
    Murmur
    Reliquary Of Souls etc etc

DCUO:
    Bane
    Aquaman
    Brother Blood
    Zod etc etc

Am I crazy or isnt most rpg boss mechanics involve movement or placement????

The gameplay is hella more enjoyable. I cant thank the Devs enough for ridding us Warriors of perpetual cleave.

All those opposed to the current boss mechanics have any ideas for mechanics you'd enjoy?
    Last edited by 1337_Derp; 10-29-2017, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dyoma
    replied

I look over to Google play for a bit of perspective and note there are over 5 MILLION downloads of the game. In this thread we have a hand full of "Veteran Players" bitching because the new players are going to have an easier path than they did.

Um - "Veterans" traditionally pave the way to make the lives of newcomers easier.

Has Led not actually been a leader in this philosophy with all his Videos. Or were they just done to "brag" - "Look at me, Look at me, Aren't I great?"
    Led is supposedly a skilled player - why so concerned about new players beating him? Or is it he wants to win by pounding on noobs with sub standard gear?

it really is funny when "Veterans" (old people) throw tantrums spilling all their toys out of their cot.

The REAL Funny thing here is - this is still closed Beta and EVERYTHING could still change.
    I would look, what would you feel if you spent thousands of hours on what can now be achieved in a hundred.

Leave a comment:

• Dyoma
    replied
    Originally posted by Led View Post
    Hi Guys,

I just want to say good bye to the world of eternium. You guys have been good friends over the past 18 months, I just cant support the direction the game is heading. Players who have invested a lot of time now have that time invested time basically removed, there is no point pushing ahead as the devs want everyone equal.
    I personally feel CL should have been capped or limited along time ago, letting people invest (in my case) 1000's of hours to get ahead only to now have it take 2 weeks of similar effort to reach the same level is just wrong. Also with the new gems for bonus XP, that now makes people who pay have an easy ride to the top. I will never support any pay to win in a game and for the that was the final straw. It should have been a gold cost,
    So my reasons are,

Nothing to spend gold on,
    Having to watch 1000's of adds (which should never be in a game ever)
    no multiplayer,
    no balance across devices and no delay added will make up for clicking buttons vs drawing symbols.
    nerfed rings, (I know they will be fixed but that's just bad)
    no reason to play story
    bosses in trials are nothing more than boredom not skill
    insane gem cost for basic uses,

Im thinking of making the final video of me deleting my heros (kind of burn the bridge mentality I have with games to prevent relapse)

Thanks for all your time in the past.

Led
    Sheepshagger out.
    Hmmm. I just wanted to write the same thing. I also have to say goodbye to everyone. This is not what I expected from the game for almost a year and a half. Farewell.

Dyoma,
    King of anfroid play.

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied

Every ones got their own opinion,

I can see the benefit for new players from watering the content down, making things less of a grind etc etc

Me personally Im looking at it from the point of view the game had real potential to grow and develop in to something really outstanding.

Other games have tried going down the route of dumbing down content, they get a temporarily increase in numbers and then they die away.

The main person that bitches on this forum (about the devs) is me, its their game but its disheartening to watch them make stupid mistakes. Im quite happy to have a quantified discussion with you about the direction of the game.

I think you're out of order having a pop at Led...
    Last edited by Dave; 10-29-2017, 11:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X