X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CraggHack
    replied
    Originally posted by Drury View Post
    Hi guys, I have yet to find any information on the Books of Learning, what are they used for. I wasn't able to complete (A New Beginning) because I was not feeling well at the time it was running, I look forward to the next event. Thank you for doing such a great job.
    Reducе the time for upgrading abilities/10m, 1 h, 3 h/

Leave a comment:

• Drury
    replied
    Hi guys, I have yet to find any information on the Books of Learning, what are they used for. I wasn't able to complete (A New Beginning) because I was not feeling well at the time it was running, I look forward to the next event. Thank you for doing such a great job.

Leave a comment:

• DJHall
    replied
    Originally posted by strut v 900 View Post
    What I would like to see is toon specific goals for the big ticket stuff. Instead of competing against others you just compete against a goal.
    I love this. As far as I am concerned, rewards for the top 100 players may as well not even exist since there is zero chance I will get anywhere near them. My motivation going into the event were the jewelry and legendary boxes for completing the story modes and low level trials. I ended up going much further than I expected and in addition to the story I completed Trials through level 70.

A few thoughts I had during and after the event:

It might be nice if the items from other reward boxes also return to cube form at the end of the event the same way the celestial items do. I'd never played trials above 60 or with a complete set of set gear before this event, so I really had no idea if I would ultimately want Stalker or Assault gear, whether I would want mostly damage or mostly defense oriented stats, etc, and as a result all the cube rewards for custom items and jewelry went unused and are still sitting in my mailbox. It would have been nice to be able to use the items for my event hero without worrying that I was going to waste them on stuff I wouldn't want or need after the event was over. I think this might also make people more willing to try classes other than their main if they could use the cube rewards for their event hero during the event and then make permanent items for their main hero class after the event.

The first thing I did after creating my new event hero was go check out the items available for purchase. From beta screenshots I expected there would be living items for purchase and I was looking forward to spending a little cash on something that would benefit my hero a little throughout the event or at least until higher level trials. I felt like "that little pile of gems, gold, and boosters will spend really quick and I'll have nothing left to show for it in a couple hours" so I ended up not spending any cash in the event despite intending to do so before it started. Perhaps including living items, or an event duration 25% experience booster, or something along those lines in future events might appeal more to people with my personality type and give us something we feel good spending cash on.

I have mixed feelings about participating in another "new beginning" type event. One one hand I'm sure the cube rewards for gear and jewelry will be great once I'm confident enough to actually use them. On the other hand, I'm very concerned about the opportunity cost if I participate in another event and don't obtain a celestial item. When the experience from my event hero was merged with my main account I didn't get anywhere near the progress in Champion Levels that I expected. In retrospect this makes sense, since higher level trial mobs give a lot more experience and higher CLs require a lot more experience. Ultimately though that means the time I spent playing the event hero through level 70 and lower level trials gave me practically no CL progress for my main account. I wonder now if the CLs and set items I would gain playing the same amount of time on my main hero will be a better use of my time than participating in future "new beginning" type events.

But this event was almost so stressful that it wasnt fun due to bugs and other issues.
    For me the stress comes from the time limit and reward uncertainty. I could be making money, playing something else, fixing up the house, spending time with my fiance, going to the gym, playing my main, or doing a million other things. If I spend a lot of time getting close to a celestial but don't actually get one then all that time will have been wasted. If I do invest more time then my work, family, or other real life will suffer. That conflict creates stress, and the simplest way to eliminate that stress is just to decide not to participate.... I dunno... I guess we will see how I feel when they try another one.

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied
    Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post

Very true....
    i see beinifits both ways.
    When I picture my method I almost think home town with the church having an alter you can summon things too. Put bunch stuff on it that's not hard to get to "summon" an item. You could by trial 80 have one PERFECT amazing celestial OR. Eight that aren't quite as good....
    If you're just going about making celestials by your own accord, it decreases their rarity. They should be something else. Allow celestials to be celestials as they are. No modifications needed.

I like pure "perfect" celestials being gated by the events. And only having a few of them be available for the crowd.

Leave a comment:

• Cultusfit
    replied
    Originally posted by Rytrik View Post

Ehhh..... I don't like the idea of them being essentially 'legendary' and having to work harder for them to be 'celestial'. That takes away from the nice feeling a person gets when they create the full celestial, without having to do more to "earn more" from the celestial. You already have all of it in a perfect box.
    Very true....
    i see beinifits both ways.
    When I picture my method I almost think home town with the church having an alter you can summon things too. Put bunch stuff on it that's not hard to get to "summon" an item. You could by trial 80 have one PERFECT amazing celestial OR. Eight that aren't quite as good....

Leave a comment:

• Rytrik
    replied

Think upgrading rewards would be interesting. As you complete stuff you could cash them in
    Celestial rolls 3 stats plus 90 vitality Complete next it has 4 stats
    Next they roll higher....
    And higher....
    Then auto socketed....
    that kind of thing.

Etc.
    So it could be part of leader board climb...cash NOW and use for next ones? Or wait untill highest tear and cash for best stats...
    Ehhh..... I don't like the idea of them being essentially 'legendary' and having to work harder for them to be 'celestial'. That takes away from the nice feeling a person gets when they create the full celestial, without having to do more to "earn more" from the celestial. You already have all of it in a perfect box.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Sarmento
    replied
    To Desamation : congrats on your newborn and thanks for the very well written feedback - and which I totally sympathize with. Whether we invest time or money (or both) or physical effort or whatever, it's always disheartening to fall short of a goal.

For solace I can only offer - fail today, succeed tomorrow. The event is recurrent, so a new iteration will be up shortly. This one will have Books of Learning fixed, so you won't need to spend gems for your skill upgrades.

I imagine this was your first time in "new trials" perhaps? So next run you will have a little more practice with boss specials and know better what to tank and what to avoid. In TBD's case specifically, the "Overflowing" special does quite a bit of damage and may not be tankable, and the lava patches, if you stay on them, deal not only continuous DoT but also amplify any other damage you take for some time - can easily make even normal Dragon attacks killing hits.

Phone gameplay is further hampered by the game's worse gesture recognition if you use lower resolution in the settings. So that's kind of a false option. If your device can't run the game in full res satisfactorily as it is now (much heavier than in 2014), you'll need to channel the next 270$ into a new phone - I'm sure Adrian will understand.

And, yes, maybe try a BH - I think the road to T80 is much easier on him, if perhaps at the very top tier endgame Mage can have (as the event kind of showed) an upper hand. BH moves faster, deals more damage with his normal attacks, has a ton of good Set combinations available, and has less skills to upgrade. Also, I personally find him kind of fitting to play, since the event is basically about "hunting bounties".

Finally, as RiseOfAbyss says - lots of people on Discord and here are keen to help out with anything. If I were you, I would make it a point to *not* spend any real $$ for the next event, and still get the Celestial box (+ all 3 Legendary ones).

Leave a comment:

• Jose Sarmento
    replied
    Originally posted by hades0505 View Post

In that case, just use Autohotkey and assign the mouse movements to keys 1, 2 and 3. Problem solved
    Trust me - AutoHotKey is *not* the same as key pressing in this case. The difference being the flow of control between your own actions and the AHK-drawn gestures.

Leave a comment:

• hades0505
    replied

Make pc DRAW the runes
    XD

Let the flames begin
    In that case, just use Autohotkey and assign the mouse movements to keys 1, 2 and 3. Problem solved

Leave a comment:

• Cultusfit
    replied
    +1

Hey man,

Great thread. I support what you are saying.

Personally I was on PC. I was not having the issues you were having. However I was having several issues with mouse locking.. Memory leaks.. And game crashes.

When you compete for items that are of limited quantity and you have limited time and glitches and bugs are causing you to have issues moving towards your goal. It's EXTREMELY frustrating.

What I would like to see is toon specific goals for the big ticket stuff. Instead of competeing against others you just compete against a goal.

i dunno. But this event was almost so stressful that it wasnt fun due to bugs and other issues.
    I too keep hoping there will at least be some more achievement like bench marks. I'd love to see some like:
    complete x level in y time
    Deal xxxx damage in one attack
    Kill w mobs in p time

Think upgrading rewards would be interesting. As you complete stuff you could cash them in
    Celestial rolls 3 stats plus 90 vitality Complete next it has 4 stats
    Next they roll higher....
    And higher....
    Then auto socketed....
    that kind of thing.

Etc.
    So it could be part of leader board climb...cash NOW and use for next ones? Or wait untill highest tear and cash for best stats...

Leave a comment:

• Cultusfit
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrian (Developer) View Post
    Thanks for your support and providing this feedback, Desamation. And congratulations on your newborn!

Improving quality of life for mobile players and reducing the gap between PC/mobiles has a high priority on our list. We hope to drastically reduce that gap before the next event.

And please join Discord, we have a great community out there, always ready to provide assistance and support.
    Make pc DRAW the runes
    XD

Let the flames begin

Leave a comment:

• Travis | Support Mgr.
    replied
    Originally posted by Rytrik View Post
    Adrian, I've heard that the mouse fix is available for PC players.
    It's supposedly in the next update, but the update isn't available yet.

Leave a comment:

• SkeptiKz
    replied
    Originally posted by Desamation View Post

I maxed out everything I needed using crystals. There are some abilities I am still working on, but I ended the event at 169 synergy to give you an idea. I think I spent approximately 2k crystals during the event in all.
    ItsI funny i spent a lil less then you to dodthe same things maximize my skills with gems. In the end there was a few players ahead of me in this area and ii realized p2w and not p2w is balanced to a T yea i had an advantage over ppl in the beginning but in the end it was all relatively close and even

Leave a comment:

• Primus
    replied
    Originally posted by Desamation View Post
    To everyone that has reached out to me, I wanted to let you know that Adrian reached out to me privately. I will not provide details of the discussion he and I had; but once again, I can honestly say that he and his team have far exceeded any expectations. There is a reason why I have been with this game since its inception. Therefore, I can only encourage all of you to keep playing until the servers are turned off.
    The servers shall never be turned off,Eternium has no end and nor shall we allow it to have one.

Leave a comment:

• Desamation
    replied
    To everyone that has reached out to me, I wanted to let you know that Adrian reached out to me privately. I will not provide details of the discussion he and I had; but once again, I can honestly say that he and his team have far exceeded any expectations. There is a reason why I have been with this game since its inception. Therefore, I can only encourage all of you to keep playing until the servers are turned off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X