How to beat Magroth (Mage POV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to beat Magroth (Mage POV)

Let me introduce myself. I am "RiseOfAbyss" (or Abyss, or Roa, you'll probably see me with different names), a Greek player who exclusively plays Mage, currently holding two spots at the Mage LB, 6th and 10th. I have been playing this game since July, 2017 (or September-ish) from Mobile (till February, 2018) and have reached T111. Up until that moment, most people in the Top 10-25 were playing with the combo of FB-Blizzard-Singularity and I believe I was an influence of changing that, to my beloved Blink-Bliz-Singu combo. Early February, when I started playing from my laptop and getting used to it, I reached T115 which achieved me the first position in the Mage LBs, at 1725 CLs, as shown here. Late February, after the very first ANB, in which I ended up in the top10 and granted myself four celestial items, I managed to get #1 in the Global Leaderboard, as you can see in here, and after a while, I was the first to reach 121, as shown in here. Anyways, enough of me and my achievements, let's get started.

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUKo...ature=youtu.be

I originally made this video in order to help a beloved friend of mine who has been stuck against Magroth for a little while, its purpose was never to go public, but oh well. Let's break down the video now, shall we?

By starting the video you'll, firstly, hear the awesome music on the background. Embrace it, feel it! (Forgot to give credits, thank you Peacedawg for this one)

So, starting off, you 'll certainly notice that my Singularities have (almost) every time a meaning and a purpose, there's (again, almost) a reason as of, why have I sent it this way. Controlling the Singularity and being able to actually manage the power and the influence that it brings into the game is one of the biggest steps towards becoming a perfect mage player. There are other important things, of course, but they won't be discussed in here, that's not the point of this topic of course, anyways. Moving on.

At the 0:30 you can see what I was previously referring to. You can also see that, just because I know where I'll be going to move after my skills, I'm also using Blizzard in there, in order to have the maximum damage I can possibly do. (0:35, 2 singularities hitting)

0:41. Moving enough to have my illusion dodge the Meteors but at the same time I'm trying to also not miss the chance of dealing the maximum damage possible(/sec) by running away for too long, or for too much time.

0:46. Only pointing out this one because I've seen some folks making circles when they see Magroth use his Charge. Stop running for so much, you're missing tons of damage by doing that. Just do three steps. That's enough.

1:06. Blinking to the other side of the map because I don't want to risk having my minions' and my illusions' life at stake.

1:22. If I wouldn't move my character, my illusion would get paralyzed. So, if you do that, make sure you run a little bit so your illusion can also dodge the Charge. Think your Illusions as your character.

1:25. Predicted the Meteors, but due to a retarded Blink of mine, I had to run. Again, you want the minions alive.

1:54. Always head into Singularity's path. That's more difficult when you're facing mobs, but truly easier when you're against a boss.

2:06. derped

3:04. You always have to predict the time Magroth is about to use his Meteors, in order to not have yourself fooled (or at least have a clue about it whenever he lifts his hands up).

3.10. Don't try that at home. I only had myself get so many hits and risk to die because I didn't care about killing it.

Now some general stuff. In the entire fight I was always trying to position myself in a way that would prevent me from killing my own minions. Magroth is very good at killing your minions if you're not extremely careful. In addition, it would be awesome if you had a specific plan in your head of how is the fight going to be, what's your next move, in what place are you going to send Singularity's pathing in order to have your Blizzard in there. And you need to do that "early" in order to have them recharged sooner. The more skills you use, the more damage you're going to deal, of course. Also, again, don't take any hits from Magroth when he is enraged. You're going to die and then blame the Universe for the obvious lacklustered androsiness. Kite him instead, hit one, run one. Learning how to kite is going to be one of the most greatest experiences, only because you will certainly have to kite in most of the games.

Regarding hitting mobs and "do I have to kill the minions if I accidentally lure them while an important boss" question, that's debatable, and of course every situation differs I wouldn't care for the skeleton warriors and archers. But I would probably kill the rest. Now, if these minions are elites, I'd just do something easier than having to think "ifs and if I don't" having to deal with them, which is abandon. But again, every situation differs.

Questions are always welcome. If people want me to, I can make a video of me beating Elban and TBD (T118 - T119 or something).
    Last edited by RiseOfAbyss; 05-16-2018, 08:11 PM.
    Originally posted by CountBelzebul;n96592
    when i start playing eternium last year...my warrior had 3 maggie as companion...when i heard maggie being nerfed...i got frustrated...then i just delete my warrior...
    YOLO

Originally posted by RiseOfAbyss View Post
    1. I originally made this video in order to help a beloved friend of mine who has been stuck against Magroth for a little while

2.Now some general stuff. In the entire fight I was always trying to position myself in a way that would prevent me from killing my own minions.

3.Questions are always welcome. If people want me to, I can make a video of me beating Elban and TBD (T118 - T119 or something).
    1. Who dis n00b you speak of?

2. 100% the most important thing. It's better to have 3 minions alive and not cast sing/blizzard the whole fight than not have minions alive.

3. Or you can watch me screw up many times vs them
    ANB #1- Mage Rank 17... T107 in 9:47
    ANB #2- Mage Rank 1..... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 3..... T122 in 9:05.
    Live LB- XP Mage ........... T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Potato View Post
      2. 100% the most important thing. It's better to have 3 minions alive and not cast sing/blizzard the whole fight than not have minions alive.
      Why? Also, what is the reason all top players use Blink? It seems like Frost Beam does far more damage, so what am I missing? BTW, I'm fairly new to Eternium, so I apologize if these are stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by sciencebzzt View Post

Why? Also, what is the reason all top players use Blink? It seems like Frost Beam does far more damage, so what am I missing? BTW, I'm fairly new to Eternium, so I apologize if these are stupid question.
        He's referring to the 3 archers, which raise your haste by a lot. As soon as your archers die, you lose a large portion of your damage. So keeping them alive is very important.. almost as important as casting sing/ blizzard every chance you get.
        reason they use blink is, with proper setup you can do more damage overall with you and 2 to 3 clones rather than casting frost beam. Most of the blink users are on pc also which gives faster gameplay so you can use spells with fast cast times and keep them going non stop on large groups. Rather than going for the more powerful frost beam and waiting to use it while going from pack to pack.
        also frost beam is widely described as hard to aim so you have a chance of wasting the spell if used wrong.
        Blink also lets you gather and maintain large groups by staying/ blinking around the outside and keeping away from enemies.
        No questions are stupid when learning.
        QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635
        Hacker, not to be confused with cheater or cracker

Comment

Originally posted by Skyla View Post
          He's referring to the 3 archers, which raise your haste by a lot. As soon as your archers die, you lose a large portion of your damage. So keeping them alive is very important.. almost as important as casting sing/ blizzard every chance you get.
          Ahh. See, I still have the original Marcus, Eileen, and Robin. I never really gave them much though, except for Eileens vortex to bunch up enemies. I didn't realize they had auras too. Would it be worth is for me to buy Endar now, with like 11 hours left in the event?

Comment

Ahh. See, I still have the original Marcus, Eileen, and Robin. I never really gave them much though, except for Eileens vortex to bunch up enemies. I didn't realize they had auras too. Would it be worth is for me to buy Endar now, with like 11 hours left in the event?
            I would say yes and no..
            they will, depending on what lvl, class and trial you are and are on.. push you a trial lvl or two. So if the gems are easily accessible, and you're trying to get a couple more lvls yes in my opinion. But if you don't really have a ton of gems I would say no with it being this late because you'll get no benefit from those gems you're gonna spend here in about 9 hours..
            QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

I'm at lvl 70 now, and I just got an Endar, and leveled him up. It is helping for sure. I'm hoping that I can push to lvl 80. If I come this close and not make it... that would definitely suck. Wish me luck... and thanks!

Comment

Hope it worked out for you! Yw
                QUJI GUFE GOKO 2635

Comment

That's actually a bit exaggerated. Sing and Blizz deal the biggest part of your damage after all. The point there should be that keeping the minions alive is important as you lose a lot of damage(Singularity and autoattacks scale directly with attack speed) and cooldown reduction from Alacrity(which also results in less damage(less abilities cast) and less mobility). Means you should keep your minions alive for damage, LoH,... even if it means not casting those abilities on cooldown.

And the Frost Beam question has little to nothing to do with aiming, but its damage does not trigger Alacrity. As it's a channeling skill, you therefore have no cooldown reduction nor can you cast other abilities for the duration. And that results in less DPS than Blink.
                  MULU FIGU DUFE 7374

Comment

Working...
                  X