Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bojck
    commented on 's reply
    Hm not sure about the sounds, but thermal shock is always triggered by nova after beaming/dfa. If it doesn't crit it does very little damage, so it seems it's not working

• Bali_Lenni
    commented on 's reply
    P.S. it seems to work perfectly well in "Trial Grounds".....just "in real life" it does not seem to proc sometimes -or is it just because of the missing sound \ is the sound a viable indicator or not ?

• Bali_Lenni
    replied
    good to know, double thumbs up...

...may I abuse thy kindness and ask one more question which has been bothering me quite a while:

on mobile one can not vortex the foe(s) into the beam....but does thermo shock work if one casts a vortex straight after beam and then frostnova ?...sometimes you get the "bang" sound, sometimes not....(hard to tell/check if thermo was successfull)

Leave a comment:

• bojck
    commented on 's reply
    yes, for DfA +frost boosts thermal shock damage (almost twice with perfect 77s), +fire boosts DfA and shatter. So it makes sense to push with dfa with both fire and frost (on all 4 items). For beam +fire doesn't add any damage, as it does not affect neither beam nor thermal shock.

Still DfA caps around 150 with great gear, which is way easier with beam even on mobile with this kind of gear

• Bali_Lenni
    replied
    would you recommend +fire+frost for push ? or does it lose out at higher TLs (say 125+) ?

Leave a comment:

• bojck
    commented on 's reply
    Yup At lower trials (80-90) the extra shatter is what makes the bigger difference. Btw yesterday I recorded a fire build video at t144: 20+B dps, and after five minutes green bar is at 3%

I'll record one with the beam this evening and upload it for comparison

• Maniac
    replied
    Bojck am I right in guessing that we don’t seem DfA builds in the LB because beam just out-damages DfA, but that DfA is used at lower trials because it’s dmg is enough to squish the mobs and ends up getting better times?

Leave a comment:

• bojck
    started a topic ELR Beam mage XP farming: +fire vs +frost

ELR Beam mage XP farming: +fire vs +frost

Here's a quick video comparing trials 80, 90, 100 with frostbeam with +fire and +frost damage.

In brief - with good gear and high champion levels, t100 clear times are the same (~1min).
    T80 and T90 are faster with +fire, because shatter is great on lower trials

A real fire build with Immolate, Nova and DfA and +fire damage is somewhat faster on t80 because of the extra shatter. Could do another video with that spec later...
Working...
X