ANB #3 in 3 days 7 hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAFERS102 View Post
    Am I missing something here, how will it be easier once I have done an Event? Surely if it was difficult when it was 9 days then 7 is even more difficult? Also surely everyone is exactly the same as it's not skill that is required, just time to grind grind grind?? It is effectively a new game every time.
    Yes, this event is just a replaying of the earlier portion of character development and everyone has already done that outside of an event. But, there is a big difference in playing for specific rewards of ANB vs just casually playing on your own time schedule. You can't really replicate the event very well outside of it, and the experience of going through it absolutely helps in a second go round.

The first ANB was 9 days. The second was 7 days. First one, I completed trial 80 just hours before the event ended, and it felt like a struggle to get there for me. Outside of the event I had made jewelry and knew how it worked (thanks forums!), and ran BH with Stalker set. I chose stalker set during the event since that was familiar to me, and it helped but was still a struggle to 80.

The second time around, with 2 less days, it was a breeze. I knew the pitfalls from the last time, what to spend time optimizing and what to skip, the most efficient ways of getting what I needed, and had no problems getting up to trial 85 with a couple days to spare. I played Assault BH in that round (partly by design, partly because of the random drops falling that way) and had no experience playing that set before. I'm exclusively mobile, and it doesn't fit my style very well. So, even with an unfamiliar play style that I still don't like, and was cursing my choice by the end, it went so much smoother and easier just because of the prior experience.

The lower XP boost this time may make it marginally harder, but the most difficult part (in my opinion) was taking time out of xp grinding to gather gemstones and gold for jewelry. The boosts to those may be a bigger change than the drop in XP boost, we'll just have to wait and see. Every hour spent farming for gold/stones, is an hour not spent farming XP in the most efficient way.

Comment

Originally posted by tshell View Post
      The lower XP boost this time may make it marginally harder, but the most difficult part (in my opinion) was taking time out of xp grinding to gather gemstones and gold for jewelry. The boosts to those may be a bigger change than the drop in XP boost, we'll just have to wait and see. Every hour spent farming for gold/stones, is an hour not spent farming XP in the most efficient way.
      Then farm low EXP in TBD while gathering stones then.. then when you're really high and have the right set items and waepons, go for higher trials.

While I'm also affected by the halved HP, there's also a good reason for it being easily able to produce jewelries and be able to use gemstones for them.. We're asking for it and now it's here, let's just savor the moment. Just give your feedback afterwards then they might update it accordingly.
      Bounty Hunters: Aice Sang (Assault), Natalia (Stalker), Dante (Havoc)

Mage: Seulgi

Warrior: Asuna

FIRU VARI WAFI 3808 (Mobile)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy.Bae View Post

Then farm low EXP in TBD while gathering stones then.. then when you're really high and have the right set items and waepons, go for higher trials.

While I'm also affected by the halved HP, there's also a good reason for it being easily able to produce jewelries and be able to use gemstones for them.. We're asking for it and now it's here, let's just savor the moment. Just give your feedback afterwards then they might update it accordingly.
        Not news to me, that was one of my mistakes the first time. But certainly good to know for someone who hasn't run this event before.

Comment

Originally posted by tshell View Post

Not news to me, that was one of my mistakes the first time. But certainly good to know for someone who hasn't run this event before.
          Who?

Comment

Now that the playing field will be leveled it seems skill will mean be very important!

Comment

Originally posted by Jage View Post
              Now that the playing field will be leveled it seems skill will mean be very important!
              or time available

Comment

Originally posted by Anty View Post

or time available
                ANB 3 - nice one, but..Did I have to wait a few months to match it with my vacation? Obviously - yes..So if this event is 7 days and ends on next saturday -I
                will miss "just" the last 3 days, if it'll be 9 days -then its clear.Nvm will try to do my best within a half the event time. Let the fight beginn and GL HF to y all!
                #FeelingFockedByTheLifeTimeEventsRNGeeesus
                ANB 1 - 78th.warrior/Trial 94/ hero name Unreal
                ANB 2 - 48th.warrior/Trial 98/ hero name Tazar
                played only on mobile without purchases
                VAMA CODI HEFE 5256

Comment

Who?

Me, for example... first ABN. The experience I have was given by @GrauGeist's guide. Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CraggHack View Post

ANB 3 - nice one, but..Did I have to wait a few months to match it with my vacation? Obviously - yes..So if this event is 7 days and ends on next saturday -I
                    will miss "just" the last 3 days, if it'll be 9 days -then its clear.Nvm will try to do my best within a half the event time.
                    It will be seven days when I can not have emergencies at work, or someone will die ... and may not be my char!

Comment

Actual phone conversation:

Me: Hey honey, I've got some bad news for you.
                      Wife: What's up?
                      Me: Eternium is having another week long tournament/event. It starts at 5pm Friday.
                      Wife: FML
                      Me: It is just for a week.
                      Wife: Whatever. As long as you spend at least an hour a day with me.
                      Me: An hour? How about six?
                      Wife: As long as you aren't staying up all night.
                      Me: Six while we are sleeping, that is. Duh. I still have to work.

Sidenote: To anyone crying about players in Korea: is there any difference when a group of Americans (like, say, kids on summer break) take turns playing the same toon in shifts, 24 hours a day, to get the #1 spot? As long as no hax are involved, it is what it is. Competition is as competition does.

Comment

Trouble Heh, sound exactly like the conversation between me and my wife Lmao.. except my wife tossed sex in there as time spent together so there goes sleep..!

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post

Sidenote: To anyone crying about players in Korea: is there any difference when a group of Americans (like, say, kids on summer break) take turns playing the same toon in shifts, 24 hours a day, to get the #1 spot? As long as no hax are involved, it is what it is. Competition is as competition does.
                          No one does that.
                          ANB #1- Mage Rank 17..... T107 in 9:47
                          ANB #2- Mage Rank 1....... T116 in 9:54

Live LB- Mage Rank 1........ T122 in 9:05.
                          Live LB- XP Mage Rank 31. T112 in 7:55/ T100 in 3:25.

Click here to see my gameplay videos.

Comment

No tears here, if theybhave the time More power to them, Competition breeds Competition!

Comment

Originally posted by GrauGeist

Skill? You mean grinding
                              Pretty much everyone will have enough CL to beat their own respective trials and it takes skill to clear it way faster than others. If you have better equips and CL though, you don't need to compete that much with everyone below.. just you and the other top ranked players.

Comment

Pretty much everyone will have enough CL to beat their own respective trials and it takes skill to clear it way faster than others. If you have better equips and CL though, you don't need to compete that much with everyone below.. just you and the other top ranked players.
                                And playing in PC or mobile makes a large difference in finishing the same higher trial level.
                                ZUFO LILA NUMU 1022
                                CL 1055 - Mobile
                                Benedicto - Stalker BH (TL 90)
                                Bennisaur - Warrior (TL 100)
                                Georgia - Exp Mage 809% (TL 95)
                                Lelouch - Warrior (TL 87)
                                Emma - Apprentice Mage (TL 97)

Comment

Working...
                                X