best class to XP farm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best class to XP farm?

I tried searching but only found some old posts.
    I read Warrior was the best/fastest XP farmer, is that still true?
    I don't have a max warrior, so which is better out of the BH or Mage? right now my BH seems to do way more damage than my mage even tho my mage has over twice the paper dps… which bothers me. Mage has much better gear but kills much slower and moves slower, therefore I feel like my BH might be better for farming.

But I don't want to invest XP customs on the wrong class.
    Thanks!

The BH has very limited AOE, which makes it a mediocre class for XP farming.
    The Mage does not have that problem, the more mobs -> the merrier (with the right set and skills) therefore it's the best class for XP.
    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen View Post
      The BH has very limited AOE, which makes it a mediocre class for XP farming.
      The Mage does not have that problem, the more mobs -> the merrier (with the right set and skills) therefore it's the best class for XP.
      Sorry, I forgot to thank you for the reply.

Comment

I use a BH Havoc build for XP farming. Plenty of AOE.
        VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
        Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

Try a warrior with whirlwind, clears trials very quickly.

Comment

I use stalker BH and it’s not bad for exp... there is no wrong class for exp farming

Comment

The best class for XP farming is which ever class you use most to make use of any decent loot that drops. Since I do all farming with BH class I've found the occasional useful gear from trial loot as well, including a level 77 pair of not set pants with max speed I now use for gem, gold, and gemstone farming, combined with 4 pieces of Assault for nearly max movement speed.
              VIQA TESO VUBA 6781
              Eternium Walkthrough

Comment

My best experience with XP farming is "using the class i'm very familiar & a little bit of experience with":

"Whirlwind Shield Warrior"

less dying & super fast like hell "WITH THE MASSIVE PULLING". Say wat you want!!
                Hopefully when i'm familiar with other class this statement will change.
                Thank you
                Last edited by TheExorcist; 02-14-2020, 04:54 AM.
                Honest playin with Low end Pc
                Nice Story Mode Indeed: Thank You
                Season Pack 2? start all over again? awesome!!!
                Let's play

Comment

I do my best EXP runs with my EXP mage, since I play mage the most and am more comfortable with it for fast clearing big bunches of mobs.
                  For trail pushing I use a BH though since I do better with a BH in higher trails then I do with a mage.

Comment

Originally posted by Keaven View Post
                    I use a BH Havoc build for XP farming. Plenty of AOE.
                    I also use a Havoc BH for running dailies and for farming gold & XP. My XP farming jewelry was crafted during an ANB, so I combined both XP & XG on all pieces. I like that BH has good movement speed, and the Havoc build lets you round up large mobs and trap them in Magnetic Trap, while you blast them with exploding ammo and heatseekers. I can easily run trial 100 with this setup, but now that XP doesn't max out until trail 110, there may be better options.

Comment

• Keaven
                      Keaven commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I use a separate Assault set for gold farming. I also do it during speed runs with level unlocked gear and speeds over 40 feet per second.

Originally posted by 100licad View Post
                    I use stalker BH and it’s not bad for exp... there is no wrong class for exp farming
                    That said, there are wrong Abilities: for example, mage's time warp (I'm sure someone will disagree, but wiping out the boss is not the most important thing on the XP farmer's agenda. Killing mobs is - this at a level 10-20 below max for your toon. Feel free to disagree but I don't think TW is a skill you need. So - immolate, singularity, and blizzard work nicely. Multifire, rapid shot and snipe for my XP BH.
                    Originally posted by Ozymandius View Post

I also use a Havoc BH for running dailies and for farming gold & XP. My XP farming jewelry was crafted during an ANB, so I combined both XP & XG on all pieces. I like that BH has good movement speed, and the Havoc build lets you round up large mobs and trap them in Magnetic Trap, while you blast them with exploding ammo and heatseekers. I can easily run trial 100 with this setup, but now that XP doesn't max out until trail 110, there may be better options.
                    Pretty sure consensus is separate XP and gold farmers. Can you get unboosted 900+ on both of those with your combo. If you can, more power to you. If not, you're leaving something in the can.
                    FEYI FAJU BESE 4881

Enthusiastic but inept player. Computer programmer and world traveler.

Comment

• Ozymandius
                      Ozymandius commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I never really felt the need to farm XP other than in ANB events, so I do not have an "XP only" set up. My XG farmer is 847 XG and 477 XP unboosted and that is with XG on everything and XP on cape and jewelry. I'm always on the lookout for upgrades to drop, but I mostly just run dailies and push for maximum season rewards (10k gems and 10m gold). I mostly depend on ANBs for XP upgrades. I only craft for trial pushing gear sets.

• 100licad
                      100licad commented
                      Editing a comment
                      More like there abilities more appropriate to TL, for TL 80-90 I use multishot, RF and snipe, for 100-105 i change multishot for SS, same for passives, sometimes I use HP+ for 105 while for lower levels I think piercing is better, I dont have a lot of vitality + on my exp toon and I dont like dying at 105 as it is more time waste than not using pierce

• TerryDarc
                      TerryDarc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I didn't mention the passives but there are passives there that are probably more appropriate for XP than others, I imagine. Have not thot about it much. Point is/was that Mage/BH/Warrior can all fit as XP hounds but some tuning is necessary.

Originally posted by Blaize Beco View Post

Sorry, I forgot to thank you for the reply.
                    No worries, it's only been 2 years lol
                    I'm assuming that the Dev was wrong.

Comment

I have played all classes and farmed with them xp + gold+mats. And to answer your question I say that warrior is the best when it comes to xp farming on mobile and arcanist mage is the best when it comes to farming xp on pc. Since I hate grinding I want to combine as much of it, so I want to get as much materials, xp and adboxes with the same go. I would add gold and gemstones to that, but unfortunately it is imbossible to do while still being effective. To tick all those boxes warrior really does the best. Doesnt matter if dw or sw. You can clear a tl 90 under 2 minutes in full xp gear and pick up at least one adbox per TL and all of this on mobile. You can just move around with charge and ww while there is no abilities spamming like on mage or kiting like on bh.

Comment

Fwiw, here is my farming warrior. Now that trials have been updated I can't feasibly farm trial 100 anymore (takes too long). I can clear the map on trial 95 in about 2 1/2 minutes and trial 90 in about 2 minutes.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Arawn; Today, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X